Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mouseas The actual point of the Wire Pouch is to function with the Wireless Connector. That is the actual purpose, to completely connect the Connectors, not to actually hold wire. Right-click the connector, consumes the wire from the pouch, completely connected. Do you get the purpose! Or am I going to have to explain this again.-_-
[DOUBLEPOST=1441182539,1441182193][/DOUBLEPOST]I am quite excited for the upcoming 1.3.1 update! THANK YOU RED AND ALL OF RE-LOGIC :redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin::redspin:FEEL THE REDNESS! OH HELL NO! PUMPKING ARMY INCOMING! RUN!!:pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking::pumpking:OH NO! ANYTHING BUT THE SLUDGE!:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

What about some sort of item transportation device (not sure if it's already been mentioned here - there are a lot of pages to trawl through now!)? Like place an item in it and it becomes available to be removed from another of the same device connected on the same wire network?

How about that?
sign-gif.74021

Does any1 know when is the 1.3.1 being scheduled? October? November? December? New Year? There are tons of ideas and i'm sure some regular fixes against Steam Cloud or other things will be incorporated, but would love to know some more details on the schedule. Also on the topic, i concur on the previous suggestions (and perhaps some new ones):
1. More wire controls - additional wire color, perhaps one wrench for placing all wire types?
2. Wireless transmission - Transmitters that send energy signals in a defined direction for a set distance. Most likely go through blocks, but in a straight line so you have to put the receiver at the same height/width.
3. Topographic measurement laser - Some kind of laser tool, that when activated would send a harmless laser in a straight line for infinite amount of blocks (or higher than the wireless transmitters). This would help in putting down transmitters across the map or digging/building against a fixed height/width. This could be a steady laser that lasts for a second and goes through blocks (having 1 second trigger would make it work indefinitely). Maybe some mirror blocks that could change direction of laser? Multi color laser so one could make interesting things with it?
4. Wire color changing blocks - The easiest way to attain this is to have a special block that sends the signal through when hit with a signal from a different wire color. Different colored wires would have to meet at the Wire color changing block. For example:
...............R...G
RRRRRCBBB+BB+BBBCRRRRR
...............R...G
R - Red wire, B - Blue wire, G - Green wire, C - Color change block, + - intersection for Red and Blue wires and Green and Blue wires.
Sufficient to say that it would allow help bypassing difficult wiring at some places if no wireless transmission is implemented.
5. Logic blocks - Due to Terraria wiring system being signal based, not current based, a logic block would be a discerning into different directions (wire colors) a signal depending on its state. For example: Red wire hits the logic block and depending on the setting and outputs a signal in one of the two other wires. This would have to be done with at least 2x2 size:
+-----------+-----------+
|B&G.....|Red......|
|output..|changer.|
|Red......|B&G.....|
|input....|output..|
In this setup the "active output" could glow and red wire wouldn't cross each other. This allows one color to be used as input and changer (for switching between outputs) and binding two other wire colors to each output.
Having bigger Logic blocks would be even more interesting (3x3):
+-----------+-----------+-----------+
|Red......|GB.......|Red......|
|output..|output..|changer.|
|GB.......|...........|GB.......|
|output..|...........|output..|
|Red......|GB.......|Red......|
|input....|output..|output..|
In this setup one wire is used to receive the input signal on lower left and change the chosen output in the upper right. Middle blocks would serve as the output for other wire colors, when upper left and lower right could be used with the same color as the input (not connected together so can be used).

6. One additional thing, probably not mentioned anywhere: Introduction to pipes - Enhance pump mechanics in order to use pipes not wires (could act the same way as wires or be solid blocks). Having pumps use the signal based wiring is a bit off, limiting the use of wires if you have to use pumps. having pipes could also mean intersections (sending liquids to multiple destinations), fountain sprays (would require regular amounts of liquid, making A MUST to create a circular piping system for them) and having the pumps (inlet and outlet) contain an on and off state (turning them on with wiring) to work through liquids. This one is probably the toughest to code as it would change a lot in the game, but i think an interesting idea.

Last edited:
Maybe a trap chest underground (when opened BOOM!)
The thing I don't like about that idea, is if people are doing a hardcore run and they just get killed by that. Seems like kind of a lame way to go. DX
Maybe if after opening the chest you would hear a ticking sound and you had 5 secs to get away before it goes BOOM.

*facepalm* why are you suggesting a boss you are specifically NOT ALLOWED to suggest, as stated in the very rules you SHOULD HAVE read, when it's not even in the correct place, then completely forgetting about it? This better be a joke.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441110209][/DOUBLEPOST]
The night vision helmet could work too, so it wouldn't be almost useless by the time you might get it.
MY post was bekose a Terrarian writ
Yep that's what I meant.
--- Double Post Merged, Yesterday at 11:15 AM, Original Post Date: Yesterday at 11:05 AM ---
Make the mechanic so sometimes it looks like he is wiring something!
--- Double Post Merged, Yesterday at 11:17 AM ---
:happy: And an enemy that drops wires
[DOUBLEPOST=1441213251,1441212733][/DOUBLEPOST]
so many non wiring suggestions XD
its the wiring update!
i will like if it was a different update like: a new boss, new items,
?!why not?!
;):rolleyes::naughty:

The thing I don't like about that idea, is if people are doing a hardcore run and they just get killed by that. Seems like kind of a lame way to go. DX
Maybe if after opening the chest you would hear a ticking sound and you had 5 secs to get away before it goes BOOM.
Eh, somewhere between 5-10 seconds sounds reasonable.

I thout of that so I think of a black dot on the chest so only people that are on a rush die to teach them that there is no rush
in terraria!

Last edited:
Oh and turrets that target enemies. And a end game block that when powered by wires it slowly stars to cleanse hollow and corruption/crimson in a 250 block radius.

Last edited:
Oh and turrets that target enemies. And a end game block that when powered by wires it slowly stars to cleanse hollow and corruption/crimson in a 250 block radius.

Like Terraria Otherworld?
[DOUBLEPOST=1441222215,1441222062][/DOUBLEPOST]The Cleansing Machine thing I mean.

Yeah just like that maybe it could be the cleansing machine instead
Like Terraria Otherworld?
[DOUBLEPOST=1441222215,1441222062][/DOUBLEPOST]The Cleansing Machine thing I mean.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441224713][/DOUBLEPOST]I like candy, and sandwiches.

Maybe it could deal 50% of your current HP.

Anyway, here is my idea. Don't know if this has been suggested yet, but it would be cool if you could link two or more chests of the same type with wire and link their insides. It would be easily accessible by people who don't use the wiring system much, and it would be useful for everyone. And now that we can craft from the contents of a chest, it would be nice to be able to dump all of your stuff in your storeroom and then, for example, have your ores next to your furnace and anvil too.

The only issue that I can think of is that I can think of is that in multiplayer worlds is that this could possibly be used for duping, but that could easily be fixed by only letting one instance of a chest be open at a time. It could also require a different wire that could be HM exclusive or something.

Here's a showcase of some electronics builds that are currently possible to construct in Terraria:

There are a number of interlocking components in the first featured build, and most of those components use giant logic gates. For those that want logic gates in Terraria, you don't have to wait until the 1.3.1 update - you can already start building with logic gates right now. In fact these "giant" logic gates allow for any number of inputs and outputs, whereas the "real life" gates have two inputs and one output.

The logic gates revealed to be in the 1.3.1 update will make some of the current builds more compact, and will offer a more traditional approach to building electronics systems, but as I said you don't have to wait until the next update if you're keen on trying out Terraria engineering :).

As I mentioned in a prior post, I'm most looking forward to the additional wire color. If the entire update featured nothing but the additional color, I'd be happy since we already have all the tools necessary to build whatever electronics systems we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom