Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Master Geass
I can't agree enough with a wire hub that could let you change a wire's color mid-path.

Another suggestion that I have is a "lock" that would act like an actuator, but when the blocks are solid they wouldn't be able to removed with a pickaxe/drill/Drill Containment Unit

@Master Geass
I can't agree enough with a wire hub that could let you change a wire's color mid-path.

Another suggestion that I have is a "lock" that would act like an actuator, but when the blocks are solid they wouldn't be able to removed with a pickaxe/drill/Drill Containment Unit
I have already suggested Rebar as something you could place like an actuator to make it so blocks can't be mined or blown up.

I think for 1.3.1 or 1.3.2, you guys should start turning towards the community for content.

There are soma amazing ideas out there, even if they are very simple.

I would like a web trap. It would be placed like an actuator and places webs when triggered. The webs don't drop when broken to prevent farming. This is for a way to replace webs in certain spots without having to place them each time. It's kind of like the ice trap I posted before.

Some vanity stuff that has nothing to do with wire. For one you should fix the Hero set so that only the green parts change color with dyes, and look a bit more like the base color. If you have ever played The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords you would know why I want it. If that can't be done then how about red, blue, and purple versions of the outfit.
I also would like a white cape so I could dye it any color I want. The black and red ones don't mix well with the dyes.
Last I would like a super sentai vanity set. Again make it with dyes in mind. Some people might find it fun to play as a color coded team.

It would be awesome if Frostspark Boots and Lava Vaders into the ultimate boots.

Also, combining Expert Items into one would be awesome, it would throw crossbones when you throw bones instead of being a weapon that shoots bones.

When you add it to your accessories it adds the extra heart, can be stacked with the Demon Heart in Expert Mode.

The Gravity Globe effect can be toggled off or it just uses a different button.

Suspicious Looking Tentacle effect just shows the treasure around you with no eyeball.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441609236,1441608792][/DOUBLEPOST]Possibly more training items?

-Quickly growing bamboo, can be used to make training melee weapons

There is no NPCs specialized in melee weapons so how about a trainer NPC, like a samurai master
I'll continue later
[DOUBLEPOST=1441609785][/DOUBLEPOST]The samurai trainer sells bamboo, a plant that grows really fast, the top part can be used as a platform and it can be cut with swords and axes, chopping it down leaves a bamboo shoot, allowing it to grow back. It can be dug out to get the shoot, it can be cooked, thrown to create an another bamboo somewhere else or sold.

The bamboo seeds and shoots can be planted on sand, dirt, clay, stone or other blocks, changing it's stats.

It would be awesome if Frostspark Boots and Lava Vaders into the ultimate boots.

Also, combining Expert Items into one would be awesome, it would throw crossbones when you throw bones instead of being a weapon that shoots bones.

When you add it to your accessories it adds the extra heart, can be stacked with the Demon Heart in Expert Mode.

The Gravity Globe effect can be toggled off or it just uses a different button.

Suspicious Looking Tentacle effect just shows the treasure around you with no eyeball.
[DOUBLEPOST=1441609236,1441608792][/DOUBLEPOST]Possibly more training items?

-Quickly growing bamboo, can be used to make training melee weapons

There is no NPCs specialized in melee weapons so how about a trainer NPC, like a samurai master
I'll continue later
[DOUBLEPOST=1441609785][/DOUBLEPOST]The samurai trainer sells bamboo, a plant that grows really fast, the top part can be used as a platform and it can be cut with swords and axes, chopping it down leaves a bamboo shoot, allowing it to grow back. It can be dug out to get the shoot, it can be cooked, thrown to create an another bamboo somewhere else or sold.

The bamboo seeds and shoots can be planted on sand, dirt, clay, stone or other blocks, changing it's stats.
Uhhh... Okay?... `:rolleyes:
742482_1346500972.jpg

The training sword
-deals minimal damage, a little knockback and os really fast
-no autoswing
-useless in actual combat, used to fight the samurai trainer to get better (mostly)melee weapons
- samurai drops "experience" when defeated in combat(health drops below some point) that can be used like Life Crystals to increase melee damage
-the experience of the player determines the trainer's health or the times he is needed to hit
-you can choose a previous training level but you get no experience at all.

The samurai trainer also sells special stones that can be used to increase damage, decreasing knockback, knockback, decreasing speed or speed, of course decreasing damage
-Some special increases like critical strike chance, use time or size decreases everything.

-the trainer may sell special techniques like dashing towards the cursor at extreme speeds, receive no damage at all but also being unable to move, increasing damage but also damaging yourself or counter attacks if you are experienced enough

Sorry about commenting so much, tell me what you think.

Yes, I'm talking to you
[DOUBLEPOST=1441611240,1441611040][/DOUBLEPOST]
Uhhh... Okay?... `:rolleyes:
742482_1346500972.jpg

Sorry...

Yeah, wire stuff...

I Think You Should Be Able To Craft Wires For Example: 1 Copper Bar + 1 Wire Protector + Red/Blue/Yellow/Green Dye Depending On What Color Wire You Want.
Also Should Be Able To Craft A Wired Lead Out Of 10 Wire Protectors. Wired Leads Are Long Pieces Of Wire Which Stretch Out To Ten Tile Spaces. Maybe Even Add A Wire Based Mount Which Revolves Around Placing Wire Easier, Faster And Further. Finally I Think That You Should Make A New Npc That Gives You Blueprints on How To Make New Contraptions With Wires And Other Mechanical Stuff. These Things Can be From Mob Traps, Simple Farms, Or Even Just A Lighting System. These Blueprints Cost 50 Gold Each And Once You Have Bought One You Cant Buy One For Another Five Moon Phases.He Could Also Sell Crates Which Contain Only Mechanical Stuff And Can Bought For 10 Gold Each. This Npc could Be Called The Tech Drawer. Hope You Guys Like My Ideas For 1.3.1 And Hope You Can Add Them To The Game.
Yeh Maybe it Could Be About 20 Gold

This is not releated to wiring and you could do it in another update! 2 suggestions

Creative mode: because it's just the way that there is lots of things in the game and you can't get it before you do this and this and this

A launcher: so you can update the Game not downloading it again and play with the same player on another computer!

This is not releated to wiring and you could do it in another update! 2 suggestions

Creative mode: because it's just the way that there is lots of things in the game and you can't get it before you do this and this and this

A launcher: so you can update the Game not downloading it again and play with the same player on another computer!

Hi there. If you want to express that you want those things in the game, I would recommend you either make your own thread and add more content to it, or support another thread with the same ideas. But coming into a thread like this is and adding information to it that is irrelevant is Lack of Content and simply off topic.

So again, go to the correct thread when you want to express those feelings. Thanks!

I suggest the adding of hard switch, based on the same principle as the pressure plates, but on the side of block... Yes, it can be useful, with the trap for example

I suggest the adding of hard switch, based on the same principle as the pressure plates, but on the side of block... Yes, it can be useful, with the trap for example

Eh, how is that different from making it so that you can place pressure plates on the sides of blocks? Seems more economical to do that.

Okay, I'll actually write about mechanics on here from now on ok?

Random teleporter
-teleport you to a random location like Teleportation Potion does, also an item version would be Broken Magic Mirror, it has a crack on it's surface

Wireless headphones
-an accessory, can probably be combined with the Cell Phone
-when you right click on music boxes the theme actually plays anywhere you go
-can be stopped by clicking the visibility icon or by unequipping

More switches perhaps?

Infinity repeater
-sends signal on every frame or exactly how often the item could be activated

More functional enemy statues?

Pipes
-they have their own layer and can be places anywhere
-they work like pumps, moving liquids
-the difference is that it is just places, the ends become the ends of the pipe
-the pipe end that is higher drains The liquid it is places in and the lower one let's it out
-it can also be used to contain liquids if the other end is right clicked or wired to be closed
-the other end can also receive a pump, moving liquids faster and ignoring the gravity
-if poison gas is added to the game it could be used to move them as well

Because it's not logic... Unless you can walk on the side of the block

I'm not following what you mean here. How is this "hard switch" that works like pressure plates but on the side of a block, not the same as allowing pressure plates to be placed on the side of blocks? Sure, a little extra coding would be needed so that it would be activated by touching it from the side when placed on the side of a block, but it's the same coding the hard switch would need, right?

-first idea suggested earlier- Toggleable Statue Cooldown auras (in options), with more Functioning Statues.

Detector: Has a Right click GUI where you can tell distance and interval and what thing. Detects Monsters and Players. Thinking it uses 2 1sec Timers and 3 pressure plates and 1 Gemspark Block at Crystal Ball on Table with Chair.
EX- If THING is 5 blocks from Detector, Turn X wire on for Z sec.

Craftable Traps, everyone wants em. Not just Boulders.

Spacial Barrier: Lunar Tier item, Can only be activated with Wires. If Placed in a building fully enclosed with walls (no exit excluding Teleporter/Rod of Discord), affected room (max size 60x60 blocks) will have it's gravity altered similar of Feather Fall Potion or Extremely Heavy gravity, which will cause fall damage sooner then normal. GUI to switch the options.
Marble Biome Expansion: Cursed Statues in Prehard, fighter and Archer AI (2 monsters) that if killed drops Marble block and some money (enables infinite marble as to Granite has the Golems).

Marble Taur: Hardmode Marble Biome, drops Marble blocks, but drops Minotaur Axe and Mino's Collar. Won't specify stats, but it can jump and Charge at you (same time, almost like it can fly when it does).

Fishing: Mystery Crate, Iron Chest Equivalent of Biome Chest, can only be Fished out in Cavern Layer (barely above Lava layer), it has typical Iron Crate stuff, but can give 1-2 Evil Seeds (Corrupt or Crimson), and can enable Fishing for Band of Starpower and such with out leaving worlds to grab it, make a legitimate way of obtaining. Can Contain Life Fish (idea below). Only because you can get a Crimson world and have stuff you want, but can't because you have to have another world for it, i.e Mana Cuffs.

Life Fish: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/life-fish.32699/ by @WasKilledBy_115 , idea of being able to fish for Life Crystals, very helpful if on a BUSY multiplayer world as all the crystals could be taken.

Because it's not logic... Unless you can walk on the side of the block

Of course, an item that can be used to change gravity on 8 directions!

Or a wires used to do that but it wouldn't make sense

An accessory that shows all the wires around you, called Mechanic's radar perhaps?
-can be combined with other tile placement tools perhaps?
-can be toggles on and off by clicking the visibility switch, just like the rulers

The ultimate builder/mechanic item
-the rules are a part of the combined items
-Also uses binoculars, allowing you to move the camera and add blocks, wire and furniture anywhere
-possibly reduces enemy spawns

The enemy reducer might be caused by a minion that reduces enemy spawning and is a light source, it is used to make the mechanic accessory
- the minion might be a combination itself, perhaps a pink slime minion

The ultimate accessory might be able to move/copypaste large areas as long as you have the items to rebuild it on your inventory
-copypasting does not duplicate anything, you still need to have the chosen items

-moving items does move chests however but it needs to be placed somewhere or you can't move something else
-the selected area cannot be destroyed or erases or wait, maybe it could...
-yeah, and of course it can be used to move houses, wires and everything that is inside, including liquids. Maybe not floating items or NPCs

If it seems "op" maybe it could only move player placed things, leaving everything else untouched

You know... If someone wants a novel idea, how about a switch, that blows up 1 bunny randomly on the entire map, and every time you flip the switch, this will be the effect. There, plain, simple, and rather entertaining if your friends don't know about it. Meh?

Note: Please don't take this seriously, cause killing bunnies is cruel. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom