Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a 2x2 memory cell, with one of the corners being "Set to True", the second - "Set to False", the third being an input, and the fourth - an output that will propagate input's signal if cell is set. Add some cell-to-cell wiring and logic gates, and it'll be perfect.

A gate block:
It´s a 2x2 block you can place down.
When right clicked it opens a menu,
where the user may place down logic gates, which can be connected to the four input/output corners or other gates.
This is an rougth illustration of what I mean:
upload_2015-9-15_22-33-52.png
It´s also to avoid this:

Attachments

• upload_2015-9-15_22-36-44.png
    upload_2015-9-15_22-36-44.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 182
I just thought that there should be an accessory that allows you to see wiring. I think it would prove to be useful for those nasty traps. Of course there's the holding a pressure plate trick, but then your left wide open for incoming attacks. Imagine how useful it would be in expert mode with super powered enemies.

I liked the idea of calling such an accessory X-ray Specs. I think that like with the PDA/Cell Phone Scans you should be able to turn it on and off.

A gate block:
It´s a 2x2 block you can place down.
When right clicked it opens a menu,
where the user may place down logic gates, which can be connected to the four input/output corners or other gates.
This is an rougth illustration of what I mean:
It´s also to avoid this:

Wires don't work in Terraria the same way they do in MineCraft so some of the logic gates can't be made the same way. However how do you like this?
31r5w1R.gif

I know this update is mainly about wires, but how about umm... stopping desert creatures from spawning near the beach. Like, make a no-spawn zone for desert monsters blocks from each ocean. Also, maybe a boombox that requires some time to make and is should have the ability to play any music in a selected area when it is activated. More jungle stuff please. As well as clear glass windows with thin wood frames for better looking houses.

A silver wrench that places silver wires and consumes 5 silver coins for each wire. Cutting the wires would give you back the coins you used to place them.

I'm a bit late here, although I'll go ahead and share this anyway;
A silver wrench is a great idea. Here's my variation of it:

Keep the wire and wrench colours simple (one for each team colour feels right), but add an upgraded version of the coloured wrenches.

I'm calling it a '<colour> silver wrench'. It should consume wire as normal while there is some wire left in the player's inventory, but once the player runs out of wire, automatically generate/purchase/place wires of the same colour, for the price of wire (or a different price) per placed wire.

This would be handy for players who don't want to haul many stacks of wire with them as they work on their wiring project, saving space in the inventory for other building goods.

If there is an omni-wrench for placing all colours, I'd like to see either the omni-wrench itself or a separate omni-silver-wrench share this mechanic.

In the case of any accessory or wrench that allows infinite free wire placement, the silver wrench idea is obsolete; free wires are much more convenient.

However, carrying stacks of wire is often a negligible annoyance that is not a problem, and it even feels real, proper and bonding to purchase wires from the mechanic.

I'm looking forward to the new mechanics, Re-Logic. You guys are awesome! Thanks for everything you've done!
~~~~ninJofes.

To keep things consistent, and I have not seen any similar idea for that in this thread yet, so, here it goes.

Fourteenth. Magnetic Glove used to pull or push you toward or away from magnetic objects. (In this case iron or magnetic blocks or other types of objects like shown in the video below). North Pole Magnetic Blocks pull you if you use the Magnetic Glove with the South Pole (Right Click) and push you if you use it with the North Pole (Left Click) and South Pole Magnetic Blocks pull you if you use the Magnetic Glove with the North Pole (Left Click) and push you if you use it with the South Pole (Right Click).
You can see the item in action in the video below. After 7 minutes.
Some tags:
7:04 - 7:13
8:20 - 8:27
9:50 - 9:52
10:17 - 10:34
11:04 - 11:12
14:29 - 15:01
16:12 - 16:30
18:31 - 18:37
18:50 - 18:56
19:04 - 19:07
19:30 - 19:33
20:43 - 20:55
21:00 - 21:25

These are enough to see the mechanic

I've also updated my original post.

Last edited:
oh man, aside from more wire/wrench colours and "wireless" transmitters of sorts, i can't personally think of much else on that particular note.

however, i would love to see a way to manually summon the martian invasion event. it is a fun event, and trying to hunt probes without a uniquely modified custom map, is rather problematic for a lot of us :/

but on a good note, i definitely feel the love that you guys are giving us with all the amazing work you've put into making terraria an amazing game and experience.

thanks re-logic!

Reactions: JK0
New idea: Color signal converter for wire as block. Half one-color, half second color, rotated by hammer. There will be 6 types of this wire block, it will be in actuator layer, or in two wire layers.
Variants:
red - blue
red - green
red - yellow
blue - green
blue - yellow
green - yellow
All with 4 rotation variants after placing. Will work for both ways, for example red - blue will transfer signal from red wire to blue wire and vice versa.

New idea: Color signal converter for wire as block. Half one-color, half second color, rotated by hammer. There will be 6 types of this wire block, it will be in actuator layer, or in two wire layers.
Variants:
red - blue
red - green
red - yellow
blue - green
blue - yellow
green - yellow
All with 4 rotation variants after placing. Will work for both ways, for example red - blue will transfer signal from red wire to blue wire and vice versa.
I think it would be a lot easier to just have a single actuator-like block that can transfer a signal between any wire on top of it.

Portal chest: Wire it to a chest and it act as a way to remotely open a chest. (So not movable like the piggy bank)
Advantage: easier access to your goods through a big building

Telerails - advanced rails teleportation

Telerails work like a wired portal gun, for minecarts only. Telerails are 4 high blocks that have a teleporter entrance on one side, and one side only. While activated, touching the telerails when traveling in the correct direction teleports you to the linked telerails, keeping your horizontal momentum intact. Because telerails are directional (the direction is chosen when placed down), it's possible to come out the other end moving in the opposite direction. Activating the telerails when moving in the opposite direction (i.e. coming in from the back) does nothing, and allows you to simply pass through.

Colored teleporters

Much like colored pressure plates, colored teleporters only teleport specific entities:
  • Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Pink - Only teleport players belonging to that specific team
  • Gray / White - Only teleports players
  • Brown - Only teleports non-hostile NPC's
  • Purple (obsidian) - Only teleports Enemies (= hostile NPC's)
Bundled wire / Insulated wire

Bundled wire can be placed just like normal wire. It does not activate blocks or objects it's placed on, but carries over the state of each individual wire color. It's basically a block that contains all available wire colors in 1, and can be used to place wiring over objects such as teleporters or statues without activating them. Bundled wire connects to any colored wire placed in the same block, or directly adjecent to it.

This would make wiring easier, since 1) you do not need to worry about accidentally triggering activated objects when laying bundled wire, and 2) because bundled wire contains all possible wire colors, you do not need to place multiple chains of wire over long distances.

Bundled wire could possibly be upgraded to Insulated wire, which acts the same, except that it doesn;t connect with wire placed adjecent to it, but only with wires placed on the same block as the insulated wire.

Storage and Inventory Management for Players - SIMPL (Probably requires Martian Madness drops and/or Luminite bars to make this in any way balanced)
  • Item Router - A 2x1 block with an Input (I) and Output (O) slot. When recieving a signal, this object reads the contents of chests wired to the Input slot, and attempts to move one stack of items to any of the chests wired to the Output slot. Will favor chests containing larger amounts of said items. If a stack cannot be moved, it will stay in the original chest. Items can be 'locked' to a chest (just like the 'favorite' feature for player inventory) to prevent them from being moved.
  • SIMPL Interface - While recieving a signal, scans the contents of every chest wired to this object, and allows players to browse and interact with them. Right-clicking the Interface shows the same inventory that interacting with a chest would, but with a few added elements; a scrollbar to allow browsing through the entire inventory, and a search bar that, when typed in, highlights items containing the typed word (or possibly filters the interface to showing only those items). Items can be taken out of this inventory (removing them from the chest they were in, as normal).
  • Item vacuum - Acts as a small chest (less inventory space than a regular chest) that, when given a signal, sucks in all items in a small radius.
  • Item counter - Another 2x1 object with an Input and Output slot. When right-clicked, opens a small interface with a single inventory slot, a numeric input field and a +/- button. When given a signal on the Input slot, will read the contents of all inventories wired to the Input slot, and will send a signal from the output slot when the number of matching items (items put into its inventory slot) is less than or greater than the chosen value. The +/- button switches between both modes.
  • Item display - When recieving a signal, shows the number of items (any 1 item) found in all chests wired to this object. Right-clicking opens a small interface where players can put in a single item to be displayed.
  • Turret - Automated defense system. Has a small inventory for ammunition. When given a signal, it automatically targets enemies in its line of sight, shooting them with the provided ammunition. Should probably be a tiered item, with each tier (tin/copper, lead/iron, etc, up to Luminite) having a higher base damage value and a slightly larger chance not to consume ammo. The actual turret resembles either a gun or a repeater crossbow, based on the type of ammo it currently uses. Possibly upgradable to an advanced turret, which also uses misc. ammo such as stakes and Candy Corn (possibly even grenades and other explosives?). Turrets can be mounted (placed) on floors and ceilings.
  • Automine - Probably the most cheaty (and least likely to be implemented). Placing down the Automine anywhere on the surface and powering it through a cable signal will cause it to automatically mine any ores found in a small radius around the mine, at any depth (~ 8 blocks to either side, all the way down to the bottom of the map). Will actually mine the block, teleporting the ore to its own (limited) inventory. Will mine any ore, but has a larger chance of mining a lower tier ore.
    (Example: 50% chance to mine copper, 25% chance to mine lead, 12.5% chance to mine silver, etc)
Not wiring related - Locked Inventory slots

This is a small expansion to the new 'Favorite' feature introduced in 1.3. Inventory slots marked as Locked will always display the favorited item, even if the player doesn't carry any. In this case, the inventory slot will show a small cross in the middle. Quick Fill will work on locked slots - filling up that slot with as many of that item as possible.

Not wiring related - Quick Stack to Nearby Chests Hotkey

I probably don't have to explain this one. This awesome feature needs a hotkey it can be bound to.

Colored teleporters

Much like colored pressure plates, colored teleporters only teleport specific entities:
  • Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Pink - Only teleport players belonging to that specific team
  • Gray / White - Only teleports players
  • Brown - Only teleports non-hostile NPC's
  • Purple (obsidian) - Only teleports Enemies (= hostile NPC's)
While most teleporters will work, I wouldn't see too much use for a Obsidian teleporter. Especially for long distance teleporting.

While most teleporters will work, I wouldn't see too much use for a Obsidian teleporter. Especially for long distance teleporting.

True, uses are limited. You could teleport mobs into lava or any closed-off trapped area, making escape impossible. Or if you no longer care about drops, you'd teleport them far offscreen, where they despawn instantly. Or, be a troll and place a teleporter just offscreen above your friend's house, leaving him to deal with the sudden legion of mobs falling from the sky. ;)

Reactions: JK0
Gray actuators maybe? Or rainbow?
Hmmm... I'm wondering what a Gray or Rainbow actuator would do, but here is a good idea to a tool that would use other type of colors to actuators. :)
Eleventh. Actuator Wand turns the state of a block on or off. It only works if there is an actuator in the block. It does not need any wire actually if uses the Blue Actuator.
I4yCLXt.png

AHXDVGG.png

THzU1ng.png
Holding the mouse button and dragging over the blocks with actuators will work like placing blocks, every block the mouse passes by will activate or deactivate depending on its previous state. Will not activate twice /activate then deactivate again after the mouse pass by the same block it passed before releasing the mouse button/ releasing the mouse button and holding it again will reset this count to prevent activating twice.
Also, there are more actuator colors to avoid cheating in adventure maps.
Yellow Actuators or Actuators can only be triggered by wiring.
Blue Actuators can only be triggered by the Actuator Wand.
Green Actuators can be triggered by both.
lcFfry3.png

08PzU54.png

True, uses are limited. You could teleport mobs into lava or any closed-off trapped area, making escape impossible. Or if you no longer care about drops, you'd teleport them far offscreen, where they despawn instantly. Or, be a troll and place a teleporter just offscreen above your friend's house, leaving him to deal with the sudden legion of mobs falling from the sky. ;)
I think it would be like another Wormhole potion as it's uses are more vast in multiplayer.

OMG an idea just popped in my head, check this out: So make some kind of wires (transfer nodes or something from Minecraft in case you know what it is from there) which will transfer items from one chest to another. Also, while we're talking about this add something that will suck in the items, like whenever an item drops on that machine thingy (above it 1x1 or 2x1 or 3x1 depends how wide the machine will be) it will get sucked in to the machine (using a timer to keep activating it), the wires which I mentioned will suck out the items and transfer them in chests.

I always wanted an automated farm in this game, of course it's doable manually, but it's not that fun to go and keep picking up the items every 2 minutes...

while we're talking about this add something that will suck in the items, like whenever an item drops on that machine thingy (above it 1x1 or 2x1 or 3x1 depends how wide the machine will be) it will get sucked in to the machine (using a timer to keep activating it), the wires which I mentioned will suck out the items and transfer them in chests.

I always wanted an automated farm in this game, of course it's doable manually, but it's not that fun to go and keep picking up the items every 2 minutes...

Hello
Do you mean something like hopper "mine .... t" of the truth is that support your request.

But following the example of the farm, it would not be a good thing as a "comparator" would be something like this:

It would be like a box in which you place them what you want to look for this would be connected by cable to a trigger or dart trap.

eg flower cultivate day

1_ you put a flower on the casket day
2_ the active comparator when the trap of day for flowers, firing a dart and harvesting flowers.
3_ the same fall into a hopper depositing it in a particular box.

PS: I am writing with google translator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom