Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey man, I say to you add a npc selling random items, but not despawn, and every day they change their marketable item, eg:
Merchant ores> every day sells a type of ore
Merchant of consumables> all day selling a different consumable
mercande potions> every day sells a different potion
and so on, here is my suggestion
:p

hey man, I say to you add a npc selling random items, but not despawn, and every day they change their marketable item, eg:
Merchant ores> every day sells a type of ore
Merchant of consumables> all day selling a different consumable
mercande potions> every day sells a different potion
and so on, here is my suggestion
:p
Are you suggesting that NPCs should be wired to switches and pressure plates?

I'm just now seeing this thread and I don't have time to read through 82 pages to see if this has already been suggested, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating any suggestions...

How about a mechanic supertool, similar to the Architect Gizmo Pack, that combines wrenches and cutters into one, with maybe a new item that extends gathering/placement range? A toggle button could be added to switch between placing/removing wires.

I would also like a way to have a wire activation have a cascading result, much like the Christmas lights that go on and off at set intervals and so look like they're moving.

Not related to wiring:
-New items I would like to see are a new bundle of balloons that use Fart in a Balloon, Honey Balloon, and Sharkron Balloon; a Horseshoe Bundle of Balloons; a Horseshoe version of the new bundle of balloons I am proposing; and a super bundle of balloons that combines both bundles of balloons; as well as a Horseshoe version of the super bundle of balloons. Being able to use the Obsidian Horseshoe with balloons would be really sweet, too, since there really is no other purpose in crafting it.

-The super bundle of balloons I am suggesting above, because of the super jumping power it would have, should involve additional components. Here are some ideas: a Jungle Sickle could be looted from Jungle Chests or bought from the Dryad and used to cut grass and vines to gather plant fibers. Plant Fibers can then be turned into string at the loom. Or, instead of strings from plant fibers, it could just use the White String made from Cobwebs. Then, Feathers and Silk can be combined at the Loom to create Feather Ribbons. At the Tinkerer's Workshop, Bundle of Balloons + Bundle of Balloons 2 + Strings + Feather Ribbons = Super Bundle of Balloons.

-I would also love an item that combines all of the angler items (Tackle Box, High Test Fishing Line, Angler Earring) into 1, like an Angler's Vest.

-Charm of Myths could be combined with something else, as well. Maybe Obsidian Shield or even Ankh Shield! or the Celestial Stone.

-Please give some recipes involving the Shark Tooth Necklace, too. I would love to take this item to hardmode.

Last edited:
It's great that we have logic gates! Now all we need is a latch and an if-then gate. The latch would have two logic lamps above it; the top one is the input, and the bottom one is the trigger. Whenever the state of the trigger changes (or perhaps whenever its state becomes active), the output should become the same as the input. The if-then gate would have a control on the top, and an input on the bottom; when the input toggles, the output will only toggle if the control is active. The latch would be great for reading and writing memory, and the if-then gate would help make multiplexers.

A wiring update? Nice! Here are my terrible ideas:

-Wire Passwords, these will only let electricity flow through the wire if you have entered the correct password.
-Lunar Wrench, is made with luminite and has a wiring range as far as the screen
-Fossil Wrench, is made with fossils from the desert biome and has a +2 range
-Power thingys (out of names), these are things that you stand on like teleporters although it gives you a buff
dependant on what type it is, like a swiftness one or ironskin one. To prevent OP you can only use one a in-game day

Also I would like to see music box's be able to be turned on with wires and also custom imported music that they can play would be nice.

Non-wiring ideas:
-A desert boss (this REALLY needs to happen)
-Way more throwing weapons
-Yoyo and throwing class armour
-Crab armour

I hope you like my ideas :)

The logic lamps used to power logic gates should be hammerable so that you can rotate them and create horizontally-oriented logic gates. This would help make more compact circuits. Also, we need a tool that can toggle the state of devices (such as torches, actuators, and logic lamps) without having to connect them to a switch first.

Maybe in 1.3.1.1 since this is a thread for wiring suggestions
No, not only wiring itself, mechanics include, like new items that have an unique behavior. Obviously it is not about bosses too, but why not asking for a boss that can be wired to? hahaha

This is almost unrelated but can u plz do something with the WHITE CULTIST or CASTER and FIGHTER CULTIST.....
Secret sprite is all im asking for! ;)

Some more ideas.

Seventeenth. Cloning Mirror
It can make a clone of you at a 5 blocks radius distance where the mouse is pointing whether or not there are blocks before it reaches the 5 blocks radius.
You take damage if something hits your clone. He will also disappear.
The original player will be centered in the screen.
Clones move the same way as the original player, and don't stop if there is any obstacle stopping the original player.
The buff can be removed the same way as for minecarts.
Using the Medusa's Head in front of the clone will petrify it but not you.
If the Transferring Gun shot hits the clone, you will change place with it.
m2coQTD.png

nLIBIPH.png
8BWH4ie.png

EVhTZBV.png

Eighteenth. Transferring Gun
Tooltip: "Portal Gun's brother"
Uses no ammo.
You can change place with something hit by it. You can change place with NPCs (only enemies and town-NPCs), Projectiles, Other Players, the Beach Ball, Clones, etc.
You cannot change place with a boss.
y7lAiZv.png

aM7VHT9.png

0MgXuth.png

I've also updated my original post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom