Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiring - new things? Sure, simple as that, add us please a:
- BUS Wire
(you know logic schemes? - big fat wire thing which itself is nothing, but you can put inside red,yellow,green anything other wire type, and again on other end, or anywhere else make junction / connect place for particular wire already included inside this BUS wire)
Now if you need to carry on a set of wires (like in tunel across the map), just make line with bus (ofc more expensive, but simple to lay) and on the end you make wire-out red,yellow or anything previously or during whole lenght of network connected and use single wires to do anything.

What about that?View attachment 81076

That's interesting, but, unfortunately, when they announced yellow wire, they also stated that the engine that they were using wouldn't allow for another layer for wires, so four wire types is the limit.
[DOUBLEPOST=1444637294,1444636721][/DOUBLEPOST]
...thus the inverse timers to give the opposing half to the "PULSE" system.

I don't understand what you mean. Could you please elaborate?

I think that he means that the "inverse timer" would send two individual pulses, one when the timer is activated, and another when it turns off. However, in my opinion, even "pulses" wouldn't be a proper description for wire signals in Terraria. A "pulse" generally describes a binary signal that is on for a very short amount of time, then immediately turns off (like Minecraft buttons: those are pulses). A more accurate name for wiring signals in Terraria would be "triggers," which have no active/inactive states, but instead simply trigger events in the objects that they are connected to. For example, when a switch is connected to a torch, the torch does not match the state of the switch (since switches don't really have "states), but rather it toggles its own state (lit/unlit) whenever it recieves a "trigger" from the switch.

There should Be Wireless Transmitters, Like red transmitters are all connected, blue are all connected, etc. It would Make Mechanics Lives 1000 times Easier.`:sigh:

New Question: I Read Somewhere That The Wires Can Cross Over Each other Because They Are On Different Layers, And The Yellow Will Take Up The Last Remaining Layer, So No New Colours Can Be Added. Is This Correct, And What Is Stopping Them From Adding More Colours/Layers, Or Is My Information Wrong?

I think that he means that the "inverse timer" would send two individual pulses, one when the timer is activated, and another when it turns off. However, in my opinion, even "pulses" wouldn't be a proper description for wire signals in Terraria. A "pulse" generally describes a binary signal that is on for a very short amount of time, then immediately turns off (like Minecraft buttons: those are pulses). A more accurate name for wiring signals in Terraria would be "triggers," which have no active/inactive states, but instead simply trigger events in the objects that they are connected to. For example, when a switch is connected to a torch, the torch does not match the state of the switch (since switches don't really have "states), but rather it toggles its own state (lit/unlit) whenever it recieves a "trigger" from the switch.
Ah, that makes sense now. And that's definitely a much better way to describe the wiring system. Well, I don't see why there shouldn't be something that triggers itself twice. It would make timed sections of a map much easier to do(maybe have a way to set specific time on them?). Also, speaking of time and triggers and such, there should be something that displays time in seconds between 2 triggers and maybe have the option to set a time limit that, when met, will trigger an output on the second input trigger.

The team should add a timed switch (like the buttons in minecraft). crafted from a switch and a timer (simple right) that would stay active for the 1, 3, or 5 secs then de-activate. (just to clarify the difference between this and the normal timers, they would only active once when clicked, not keep ticking like normal timers).

It would have been clearer if you has said it sends a second pulse 1,3, or 5 secs later. As the wiring in Terraria is pulse based it would just swap the active/inactivate states of the items twice. I did come up with a delayer that could be used to the same effect. After it gets a pulse it would send another pulse 1, 3, or 5 secs later but can't trigger itself. This could work by having the wire run over it so it would close up after a moment. In hindsight I should have named it the Relay, oh well.

I have not read the 87 pages of posts as of yet, so some of these Ideas may be repeats, but they are ideas I would like to see.

Radio Transmitters (of varying colors) - transmit a pulse wirelessly to any receivers of the same color at a range of around 15 blocks or so.
Radio Receivers (also colored) - when a transmitter in range sends a pulse, these pass the pulse to attached wires.
Signal Booster - When adjacent to a Transmitter, the range is increased by three times

This could necessitate a Hot Spot Locator - Accessory tinkered from multiple Receivers that puts up appropriately colored circles around Radio Transmitters to display their ranges.

Friend or Foe Sensor - Pulses that enter this block are stopped if a player or NPC is within 10 blocks of the sensor.

Generator - Transmits a pulse repeatedly, activates even when players aren't on screen
Prismatic Connector - takes a signal from wires of any color, outputs to all attached wires, regardless of color

Electricians Goggles - Accessory that makes wires always visible regardless of held items. Mechanic sells.
Infrared Goggles - Tinkered from Electricians Goggles and Night Vision Helmet. Accessory makes wires always visible while equipped and increases visible light as night owl potion.
Builders Mask - Accessory tinkered from Infrared Goggles, Hot Spot Locator, Ruler, Mechanical Ruler. Has effects of all.
HUD - Accessory made from Builders Mask and PDA. Has effects of all when equipped as accessory. New effects can be toggled like PDA effects.

More base defenses for endgame foes- I'd like to see laser defenses, statues that can equip weapons and swing them when powered, shield generators that put up walls that stop projectiles, and powered damage floors.

Reactions: OFF
I think they said sometime in November
I'm super hyped for the new update, but if I have to wait until November 2016 or even 2017 I would wait just to see every wonderful idea of this forum in the game.
I can't say if it is going to release in November, but I think that it is too much close to release an update with so many suggestions (not that they will add every suggestion, but even 5 suggestions can take a long time to add depending on the suggestion).
I just hope they release it whenever they feel suit best, even if we have to wait a looooong time... Hahaha sorry guys that cannot wait...

Breaker Switch
A simple connection breaker switch would be great. You'd be able to place it anywhere like a wire or actuator. When switched on it would take up 2x1 spaces (one space is the switch, the other space being the wire connector), when turned off it only takes up 1x1 space (the wire connector disappears, kind of like a door).

Its function would be to cut the connection of a wire. You'd have a wire line with a space in it. Then you put the breaker's switch on a space next to that space, with the wire connector part filling the space between the two wire ends. Then a different colored wire would connect to the switch, activating and deactivating it. This would make it so you can toggle something to go through its cycle once each time it's activated.

Last edited:
Uh... Hello developers . Probably many wonder why you added obsidian armor without adding a bonus to her? I offer a bonus : the ability to walk on scalding blocks , like Obsidian Shield or Obsidian Horseshoe , 10% for any damage and + 10% critical strike chance . I hope you will see this message . Good luck to you in development, you are awesome!:cool:

Attachments

• _     .png
    _ .png
    472 bytes · Views: 156
Uh... Hello developers . Probably many wonder why you added obsidian armor without adding a bonus to her? I offer a bonus : the ability to walk on scalding blocks , like Obsidian Shield or Obsidian Horseshoe , 10% for any damage and + 10% critical strike chance . I hope you will see this message . Good luck to you in development, you are awesome!:cool:
While I agree that obsidian armor should have a set bonus, 10% crit and damage seems a bit much. Maybe 20% move speed and 5% crit, because it's totally a ninja armor. And I'm not sure about the obsidian skull effect. While that would free up an entire accessory slot, I feel like that would tilt the balance of the game quite a bit for late pre-hardmode, especially in expert where every accessory slot matters that much more when fighting the WoF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom