Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the two new wiring ideas, so I support that. In addition, I'd like to propose a method to "spray" tiles into place. I want to be able to place several tiles at once in a specific pattern (like 1x3 or 3x1). Makes for filling holes faster. I really don't care what blocks are used up, but I suppose using one type at a time is fine. Maybe some sort of container similar to the piggy bank just for that...but that seems to add quite a lot of inventory space. Maybe put them into ammo slots while the thing is equipped.

Anyway, a fast way to fill holes.

Delay Switches & Grapple Traps
Delay switches: Once toggled they wait a certain amount of seconds before sending a signal to the wire on the other side. They'd take up 1x2 or 1x3 spaces (1x2 would mean two different colored wires would be necessary in order to work). They don't continue to send signals like the timers do.

Grapple traps: When activated, one will shoot out a web below/above/to the side of it. If a player or npc manages to get latched onto, it will pull them to the opening of the trap & hold them there until they break free. Bosses obviously wouldn't be affected by them.

Last edited:
Electric Cart
An electric cart (kind of like the minecart) that moves horizontally & vertically over placed wire fence & wire fence wall (or some kind of track & track wall). To use it you'd do what you do to ride the mine track (right click or push the use button) and use the arrow keys to control it. Use of weapons/items while riding and cart speed is up to the developers. This will open more possibilities for the player to create. For instance, you could make a vertical race track! Wouldn't that be sweet?

Last edited:
While I agree that obsidian armor should have a set bonus, 10% crit and damage seems a bit much. Maybe 20% move speed and 5% crit, because it's totally a ninja armor. And I'm not sure about the obsidian skull effect. While that would free up an entire accessory slot, I feel like that would tilt the balance of the game quite a bit for late pre-hardmode, especially in expert where every accessory slot matters that much more when fighting the WoF.
Good idea, maybe i didn't think about Obsidian Skull effect. But... ninja armor give lower defense than obsidian armor, and her (ninja outfit) give bonus for THROWING damage, not ANY type of damage.

Wire Shortcuts & Liquid Pressure Plates
Wire placement can be a pain sometimes. If you're going to connect two or more things at long distances, why not have a tool that lets you click two places on the screen and it will make the shortest wire connection between them?
[DOUBLEPOST=1444925370,1444924811][/DOUBLEPOST]There is a nice assortment of pressure plates in Terraria, but you know what I think is missing? Water & lava pressure plates; they activate when either of these liquids pour over them.

Last edited:
Things on my mind:
-It would be not bad,if every character have he's own key-binds.
-For the future it would be not bad,to make an event with a nature army.
The player should get some nature items.
-What do u think about a tree house,like u place a seed on the ground ,and it grows.So with time it will grow to an house ,and it should unlock a treant NPC,that sells some items.
Now its all up to Re-Logic,i hope u like it.

Hmm... W/ 88 pages of comments, I don't know what's been suggested already. It would be nice to have a summary showing what's already been suggested, and whether it's accepted/rejected/under-consideration/maybe-in-the-future/etc. (also any timeline information would be good too)

But anyway, the suggestions I have are
1) signal vias (like on pc boards) -- allow joining wires of different colors (basically just a post that connects all signal layers) -- this will help a lot w/ the issues of wanting more wire colors...
2) signal diodes -- prevent signal backflow -- an or gate can probably be used for this, but may something explicitly small -- perhaps a 1x2 item which is a diode "stack", ie, red,green,blue,yellow go in one end and come out the other each independantly w/out mixing.
3) one-shot timers -- propagate a pulse after a delay, but don't repeat (should be possible to build this w/ timers and gates, but it ought to be a small, primitive part)
4) sensors of various sorts: a) detect water/liquid; b) detect if a block w/ activator is on or off; -- not sure exactly how this should work as signals are pulses, not on/off. Maybe you send a pulse in, and it either goes thru or not depending on the sensor state?

Good idea, maybe i didn't think about Obsidian Skull effect. But... ninja armor give lower defense than obsidian armor, and her (ninja outfit) give bonus for THROWING damage, not ANY type of damage.
I know what you meant. I'm just saying that armor with a ninja look to it should have move speed and crit chance buffs.

A simple connection breaker switch would be great. You'd be able to place it anywhere like a wire or actuator. When switched on it would take up 2x1 spaces (one space is the switch, the other space being the wire connector), when turned off it only takes up 1x1 space (the wire connector disappears, kind of like a door).

Its function would be to cut the connection of a wire. You'd have a wire line with a space in it. Then you put the breaker's switch on a space next to that space, with the wire connector part filling the space between the two wire ends. Then a different colored wire would connect to the switch, activating and deactivating it. This would make it so you can toggle something to go through its cycle once each time it's activated.

Delay switches: Once toggled they wait a certain amount of seconds before sending a signal to the wire on the other side. They'd take up 1x2 or 1x3 spaces (1x2 would mean two different colored wires would be necessary in order to work). They don't continue to send signals like the timers do.

First of all I love your avatar. XD

I posted a thread on two different kinds of breakers if you want to support them. For the large one I was thinking it would be at least 3 tall in case you wanted to use the same collar.

I think 1x3 would be best for a delayer/relay. We should be also able to hammer them to have them send the signal in the different directions as they should only be one way. That's also why there should be a zero second delayer/relay as well in case you want to have a one way signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom