Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that security systems would be a good addition to the wiring update because lets say you have a home with npcs and precious items you want protected similar to how some people use obsidian to protect their houses in minecraft, perhaps logic gates could be compatible with a security system and one that is always active but with an option of an off button instead of the usual toggle.

and upon activation the security system would protect the walls and entrances with shielding and at the instance an enemy enters within range it would attack the target but not by using traps, perhaps with laser cannons or machine parts that can can move and operate without input from the user.

on a final note i agree with musha's idea about a tool that integrates the wire cutter with the wrenches but to build on that you could also toggle the color of the wrench and with a crafting station of some kind it could be upgradeable to increase length or be used as a way of making wire visible outside of tools or making them invisible to other players who are using tools, and if there is anything that could be done in addition to my suggestions is firstly that wires should show an indicator that liquid is moving inside the wires/tubes when using pumps something like showing a pattern of light that moves in the direction of where it is being directed.

Secondly having teleporters that work wirelessly so that you can travel to any teleporter even if they arent connected with wire, a mini teleporter pad would come in handy and could be used to return to a teleporter if lost somewhere without a mirror/anything that also functions like a mirror a list of teleporters could appear so you dont teleport randomly.

Proximity detectors. There can be multiple kinds to pick up various types of entities. The recipe could be something like this:
1 pressure plate of any given type to determine what the proxy detector is looking for(e.g. grey for players, yellow for NPC's/mobs, etc.)
1 timer of any given type(this will be explained below)
50 wire
2 iron/lead bars
Now, the reasoning behind the timer is the idea that while active, proxy detectors will check for whatever entity in a series of pulses. If there is an entity of the determined type within range, it sends a pulse. This could be useful for automated farms/security systems, adventure maps, and multiplayer base defene.

On a related note, there should be a type of pressure plate that's only activated by enemies and a type that's only activated by NPC's.

Here's an idea...
Clamps
They look like blocks, but they have a clampy-thing on one end. You can hammer to have multiple clamps. These can clamp on too players, enemies, NPCs and block. When activated by a wire they clamp/un-clamp. When clamped you cannot move but you can use weapons and items.

Here's an idea...
Clamps
They look like blocks, but they have a clampy-thing on one end. You can hammer to have multiple clamps. These can clamp on too players, enemies, NPCs and block. When activated by a wire they clamp/un-clamp. When clamped you cannot move but you can use weapons and items.
ha

i think there should be a sub-group of minions that only have knock-back, no damage or the invincibility that comes from damage, But they would still stop attacks that damage would stop (like skeletons throwing bones).

I could only imagine....now with so many items mobs etc in game....how easy it is to overlook certain things...whether it is a missing craftable wall or just some minor detail when adding a certain object to game etc. I'm damn good at finding the missing links, oddities, missing halves per say, glitches, bugs, etc. ...just saying.
bugs... have you found the one where a shadow orb and crimson heart spawn right next to each other?

interesting...no I have not found that one...though I must say I do not use those light source items any longer but now I must look into it. by spawn do you mean world gen spawn or using one or the other as your light source?

edit: just read about the 1.3.0.4 correction to this....so nm.

edit2: oh the ghosts and hiccups in the machines lol :)
sorry i should have clarified... i mean the background objects that when you smash 3, it summons the boss of the crimson or corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom