Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about an accessory that tells you how much ore is around you in a certain radius? Similar to the radar, but with ores instead of enemies.
[DOUBLEPOST=1445817580,1445817200][/DOUBLEPOST]How about a chest/safe type of storage, in that it is player-unique, but it isn't a "one inventory per character" type of thing, instead, the contents of one player can only be seen by that player, like safes and piggy banks, but the contents don't carry over from chest to chest. Maybe add that function to dresser storage? And (if possible) these unique chests can be connected with wire so that the same type of chest(s) connected can share/swap contents?

Guess I'll just toss these in, too....

-Remote detonator for explosives
-Mechanic goggles for viewing wires without having a wire item in hand
-Tripwire (pressure plates are rather....obvious, at times)
-EMP for sudden emergencies and mishaps
-Jukebox (Item, Placeable, Crafted via ALL music boxes combined. Cycles through songs)

In the wise words of an old song....
These are a few of my favorite things.

Wired Platforms
Using soul of flight and another material (stone, mushroom, etc) to make floating platforms that can be activated by a switch. They go through blocks & follow a wire color from one point/platform bumper to the other. Carries players (like in mario world).

Last edited:
Music Mechanics
  1. Radio/jukebox: could be connected to various music boxes & will shuffle through them. The developers could get more music for the radio & have stations. Maybe even players (and I know this is a long shot) can upload music to a box like you could in certain PC Sims games. I mean, when you got the disco ball up, it's hard to get jiggy with "Overworld (rain)."
  2. Sound blocks: plays certain sounds/sound effects when activated by switch.
  3. Boombox: accessory that people can equip to play their music or sounds for everyone at a certain radius (probably only for PC: set a key for it)(can be disabled at menu).
  4. Dancing Players: Characters can dance by pushing a key. Players select a signature dance for their character to do. Quite a few moves to choose from. Before anyone says it...I know changing character animation may be difficult in 2D animation, because characters movements are drawn frame by frame (plus all the various armors & accessories), not mapped & rendered. Just saying, it would be cool.

Last edited:
Awesome I have a suggestion too

I would like to suggest a team wire
Team wire is sold by the mechanic once you entered a team, she will sell a wire that's your team like blue team wire, red team wire and so on
Also she will sell it for 15 cooper coins
And for an example if red team makes a trap for green team and they used a team wire, green team cannot see this wire and they can't destroy it

That's my suggestion, I don't know that it's already suggested or not (if it is already suggested then sorry, didn't see it)

Awesome I have a suggestion too

I would like to suggest a team wire
Team wire is sold by the mechanic once you entered a team, she will sell a wire that's your team like blue team wire, red team wire and so on
Also she will sell it for 15 cooper coins
And for an example if red team makes a trap for green team and they used a team wire, green team cannot see this wire and they can't destroy it

That's my suggestion, I don't know that it's already suggested or not (if it is already suggested then sorry, didn't see it)
People have suggested that before. Unfortunately, the game's only designed to have four colors for wiring. And they've already decided to add yellow wires

People have suggested that before. Unfortunately, the game's only designed to have four colors for wiring. And they've already decided to add yellow wires
Yeah, it'd be a useful thing if there was a section on this thread or a link to another thread that listed the relevant ideas the developers/administrators reading this have seen; the list would be done in titles, like:
-thrown wrenches
-breaker switch
-sound blocks
and so on...

This would save on space & time reading through the thread.

not realy mechanic but a NEWGAME+ mode would be great endgame challenge a king slime that can kill you while you have 500 health and luminite armour faster stronger versions of mobs and bosses. an impossible mode that unlocks after killing the moon lord.

It could be good enaugh to let Terraria get support from the WorkShop community, so even if Terraria will never get BIG updates, we could get new stuff, mods, etc. from the workshop, new full game mods, new armors, etl. all what we could possibly want in Terraria, Modders can do it and add it to workshop, and with that workshop update from the developors, an ingame option to enable/disable those mods.

It could be good enaugh to let Terraria get support from the WorkShop community, so even if Terraria will never get BIG updates, we could get new stuff, mods, etc. from the workshop, new full game mods, new armors, etl. all what we could possibly want in Terraria, Modders can do it and add it to workshop, and with that workshop update from the developors, an ingame option to enable/disable those mods.
Are you talking about the steam workshop? If so not all Terrarians have Terraria on steam.

To be honest, I did Not go through all the other 95 pages so I don't know if someone suggested this already.
But my #1 suggestion and feature request (besides logic gates) would be a "Query Block".

It would function as such, you draw a wire from any functional "reiceiving" object (door, lamp, actuator, ...) and then draw a different colored wire From the 'Query Block' to our desired output.
This would allow us to intercept the event of a door being opened or lights being turned on to do all sorts of different things such as automatically closing doors, sequenced lights and TRAPS!

Actually... Suggestion #2: FIX THOSE PRESSUREPLATES! Make a destinction between friendly NPCs and Monsters so they don't always end up in my Teleporter-Deathtrap... :)

Another idea. Automated item using machines. Someone rushes into your base, steps on a pressure plate, and surprise! Eye of Cthulu summoned. Or set it up with a timer and annoy people with the constant sound of a mana star being used.

On second thought, though, that could lead to some pretty brutal traps.......forget I said anything.

Hello,

I'm not sure if this was discussed before (95 pages o_O), but I would love to see two new things:
  • Vertical pressure plate: ie. some switch you activate when run into the wall (example: defense mechanism using Trap doors)
  • Electric generator: Device to generate power to "zap" your enemies (example: have a generator and some pool of liquid [maybe it could stack dmg with lava], connect it by using wire [connection required on one full block of liquid, not the whole pool] then turn on the generator and do some dmg [not sure how much] to everything in the liquid [best used with honey-slow effect]. Side idea: make the dmg output lower than lava, but make it that you can also zap the background enemies).
So, what do you think? The first one is pretty much simple to add/create, but the second idea need some balance and more thoughts..how would you design it?

You know what annoyed me about Expert mode? The fact that you defeat all 3 Mechanic bosses and then get a Lousy Minecart....
Which gave me an idea... How about those 3 bosses drop a part for a "3D Printer" machine where you can duplicate building blocks for money?

It could either be some kind of "Creative Mode Inventory" where you pay for blocks - or "put ablock in, pay for each block of that type you get out".
The pricing could be 1 silver per cosmetic block (10G for 999 stack) and 10 silver for non-craftable mechanic blocks like traps.

I believe this would go well toghether with the wiring update and players that reached endgame in Expert Mode... no more making new worlds just to go to the temple and eat all the traps with the Drill Unit :D

hmmm maybe motherboard who drops a mech armor that is the wiring class similar to the fishing armor called angler and it should drop mega wrench and mega wire cutter and a addon to the mech cart padded seat allows faster acceleration the why padded seat equals accel cuz comfort equals being focused
Ever heard of commas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom