Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Something which can be placed like the Actuator but instead of (de)activate a block it should destroy it. Opens many new ways to build/farm stuff, especially with liquid interactions, e.g. automated crispy honey farm or mechanics which build a house made by obsidian. Or make it possible that crispy honey can arise on top of a deactivated block. After block activation the honey block get destroyed.

2)improve "It's not a bug, it's a feature"-stuff:
-statues should have 6 activations points again
-universal hoiks in all directions for all item, enemy and player sizes
-not only spear traps should offer a low hit-cooldown

3)item-usage with wire activation. Could be a dummy with using a sword, inferno potion or boss activation item. Dummy could be a chest and activates the first item on activation.

4)Some bridge or pipe to intersect a wire with the same color without connection.

edit:
5)An infinite flight "wire-mount" which reduces movement speed during the placement of wires (or has slow speed in general), which makes it possible to place continuous wire at full speed movement. Or as the Drill Cont. Unit a mount which improves placement speed to produce a continuous wire at full speed movement. Could be good for long distances as well or for big/complex mechanics

6)Some usage for Cobalt, Mythril and Adamantite

Last edited:
Randomizer switch
A 3x1 size switch that has an input end & an output end. When a signal is sent via wire to the input end the Randomizer randomly selects a wire color and sends a signal to any wires of that color connected to the output end.
-This would be useful for making making obstacle courses, like randomizing traps or platforms.
-If the developers made item drop machines (items can be put into it, drops all the items in it when signal is sent via wire) obstacle course makers could make sets for contestants to use that drop randomly before the beginning of the competition. Or have random drops in the middle of the course from stepping on pressure plates.
-You could set up lights and have them go off like a rave.​

Reactions: NE1
Not that it fits the wiring/mechanic category, but I thought that a Creative Mode would be really appreciated for future updates or even this one...
You would choose between normal and creative mode in player creation (instead of the map creation like Minecraft) and it would allow you to have a "server" command list, just like TShock works, but in single-player (no need to make a server), allowing you to spawn any block or furniture, do everything you want in your world, control spawn, toggle infinite flight time (like Minecraft), toggle infinite health and mana, toggle infinite reach of the tools, maybe even other useful things that I can't think of right now.
Wow, it would make builder's life a lot of times easier... Just saying. :p

Last edited:
Not that it fits the wiring/mechanic category, but I thought that a Creative Mode would be really appreciated...
You would choose between normal and creative mode in player creation (instead of the map creation like Minecraft) and it would allow you to have a "server" command list, just like TShock works, but in single-player (no need to make a server), allowing you to spawn any blocks, do everything you want in your world, control spawn, toggle infinite flight time (like Minecraft), toggle infinite health and mana, toggle infinite reach of the tools, maybe even other useful things (that I can't think of right now).
Wow, it would make builder's life a lot of times easier... Just saying. :p
Yeah, it's real easy to get all the high valued items (& max them out) on PC anyway. Why not have a creative mode? Some people play the game one way, others want to create. Makes sense.

Reactions: JK0
This is half related to wiring but I think you should and a post end-game event called Animatronic Armageddon. Its all the spirts and souls of all the mobs you killed on you journey have possessed or taken over destroyed robotic parts of the the mech bosses. As the name suggests, it will be a robot invasion. They should have NO weaknesses at all (Because its post end game)

I have noticed an issue with the stardust dragon and the solar eruption...for instance when fighting the flying saucer often the solar eruption simply will NOT make contact repeatedly with the flying saucer while the dragon is hitting it.

I've actually noticed this happen with other weapons, too. I play mage and I noticed that my Nebula Arcanum will just stack on top of bosses without detonating if the dragon is on them. This is a serious issue since it can make it hard to hit the Moon Lord's head if the dragon attacks it. Because of this, I always have to disable my dragon whenever I fight a boss.

I've actually noticed this happen with other weapons, too. I play mage and I noticed that my Nebula Arcanum will just stack on top of bosses without detonating if the dragon is on them. This is a serious issue since it can make it hard to hit the Moon Lord's head if the dragon attacks it. Because of this, I always have to disable my dragon whenever I fight a boss.
This is off topic to this thread, but your probably experiencing invincibility frames that come with piercing weapons. Using multiple piercing weapons will only make them contest with those. I have had a similar experience before while trying to test out how the piranha gun interacted with cell staff. The results were disappointing as the piranha gun counts as a piercing weapon, it turns out.
Skipping to 1:30 shows my problem.

One Time Switch/Plate & Team Counter Sensors
Both these gadgets would work well with item drop machines (if they're ever implemented) in contests.

-A One Time Switch/Plate would be 2x1. It would consist of a pressure plate & an extended input for refreshing. A wire would connect to the pressure plate to whatever item you want to activate. A wire connected to the extended input could be connected to another switch/pressure plate. It deactivates for each player specifically after they toggle it, but it can be toggled active for all players to use again.
It would work like this for example: Player1 steps on One Time Switch. It toggles an object once and only once for them. Player2 steps on One Time Switch. It toggles the object one time for them too. If any of these players try to retoggle the switch it doesn't do anything. One of the players activates a pressure plate connected to the extend input (via wire of course). Player1 & Player2 can now toggle the object once again.​

-Team Counter Sensors would simply sense a character in its range, detect how many players are in its team (no team would just be 1), and send a toggle wire signal when the amount of players matches its criteria. It would use functions like less than <, more than >, or equal to some number. It would be useful for making competitions more balanced. Think Little Big Planet!

Game mechanic - Pink slime block
Currently you can bounce of the ground, but you don't bounce off pink slime block walls when you fly into them. I think the bouncing should occur horizontally as well.

Edit:It's a bummer, I was kind of hoping pink slime blocks would work similar to Portal's "Repulsion Gel". Aside from that....I think we should have pink slime platforms (as well as frozen slime platforms).

Last edited:
Please build THUNDER ARMOR,it was very rare ,made from thunder ore ,the dirt that struck by lightning ,it was my dream please make it

Its not a wire thing but tho...
Buff Paladin's Hammer to sensible tier.The Eye of Chuthulu(YoYo) has hier drop rate and easier to obtain,but its better Pals Hammer.
So here is 3 ways to improve Hammer
#1.Stats.Just buff damage like +35 base damage and this will be useful even on pillars rather then only vs destroyer.

#2.Buff spawn & drop rates.Make paladins spawn rapidly,but only 1 per screen(like Frost Golems), and drop rate of Pals Hammer like to 1-3%.

#3.Fix The Eye of Chuthulu(YoYo).Nerf damage or make it more "rare".I like to see its droprate around 5% rather than 50%.

In my opinion #1 is best way to improve it,since it will cost you less work and some people will now start to actually raid the Post-Plantera Dungeon,rather than just taking Tabi and Black belt and going on.
Anyways thx for your game SOOOOOOOO much.After this reply i am going to play another run in terraria!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom