Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right... I mean it more as an "interesting" thing, or possibly something to keep doing after you beat the Moon Lord (keep building things, trying to find everything, perfect your world... but if it was available sooner, then yeah, people could use it for things like finishing fishing quests.
Dont be sad plz!Your idea is cool but will be more usefull if you can change not the world BUT player in game,that will speed up building and other staff!
Like you have 2 characters,1 for building on your world and 1 for beating bosses,but switching beetwen players is kinda long,so Player Dimension Portal should be cool!

Sliding Blocks/Boxes
1x1 to 3x3 craftable & placable blocks that slide when a player pushes up against them (if 1x1 is level with feet the character would walk on it like any other block). They can activate weight pressure plates (plates that toggle when something's on them & toggle when something comes off them) when slid on/off them...if those are implemented in the game as well. This would be useful for puzzle makers & making hidden passageways/traps (especially when people are looking/listening for pressure plates & wire circuits). Two types should be made:
  • Wired Sliding Blocks - When slid between a gap of wires, will complete the circuit.
  • Regular Sliding Blocks - Don't affect wires; just like a normal block.
Mechanics:
-They can have different types; like stone & sand (including similar physics); can be painted over.
-Multiple sliding blocks can altogether be slid in a row, just as long as there is a gap on the other side of all of them.
-When water/lava/honey come in contact with them they don't pop into a pick-up-able item. When sliding blocks in contact with liquids are moved, they will affect the liquids accordingly (EX: pushing in will raise liquid levels). If a liquid can't go anywhere, a sliding block can't push into it any further.
-When slid somewhere between block units and the player stops sliding them, they slowly align to the closest unit of space (liquid stopping them in between will cause them to move to the closest unit back if they aren't being pushed).
-They can move in front of/past inactive blocks, but if they are in front of one while they go active they'll pop into a pick-up-able item (just like when you mine a block, they go into that state). If a world is closed out while a sliding block is in front of an inactive block, it will disappear like a pick-up-able item would.
-Plants can't grow on them.
-If they implement Pistons in Terraria, which I know a lot of people are suggesting, then they can be moved by pistons in any direction.
[DOUBLEPOST=1446549536,1446549153][/DOUBLEPOST]
There is no special reason
It is just relax
...when your auto-farm's doing its thing. lol

One thing I would like to see is the ability to name weapons and accessories maybe being available when you go to reforge something using the goblin tinkerer have a little box or something where you can type in said name and it adds cost to the reforge. Or maybe instead of having to reforge you can just name it at the goblin tinkerer without having to reforge it.
Kinda simple but it's something I would like to see.

Last edited:
One thing I would like to see is the ability to name weapons maybe being available when you go to reforge something using the goblin tinkerer have a little box or something where you can type in said name and it adds cost to the reforge. Or maybe instead of having to reforge you can just name it at the goblin tinkerer without having to reforge it.
If they do this, I definitely think they should also give you the ability to change weapon color schemes via dye or something. Maybe even have a weapon equivalent to a dresser.

If they do this, I definitely think they should also give you the ability to change weapon color schemes via dye or something. Maybe even have a weapon equivalent to a dresser.
As much as I would like that option it would be much more difficult to sprite a lot of weapons and would take so much longer.

I'm not sad. I don't mind if you disagree - all I know is, I would use it extensively. A Player Dimension Portal would be cool too, but if they can code one, they can code the other. The thing about this idea is, it's likely to be either very easy... or very, very hard. Anyway, just throwin' it out there. :)

Another thought re: teleporters. If they are on a platform, it would be great if you could drop through to the next floor just by pressing down. Otherwise they get very in the way if you have things underneath them.

One thing I would like to see is the ability to name weapons and accessories maybe being available when you go to reforge something using the goblin tinkerer have a little box or something where you can type in said name and it adds cost to the reforge. Or maybe instead of having to reforge you can just name it at the goblin tinkerer without having to reforge it.
A mechanism that renames certain weapons shouldn't be too difficult

I want a flashlight

Although there are torches
flashlight almost no
Well, a flashlight could be a more focused light source in one direction; farther distance, but narrower than a torch. It's a good idea.

Not only that, it'd be coooooool if the flashlight had different settings every time you click; like strobe, hue spectrum, cop lights, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom