Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a very good mechanic in Terraria but a cool trap you could add a boulder that attaches to wire and moved with the wire, although you could just make a boulder that attaches to chains or ropes. Boulders are unfortunately ineffective in the moons because you can only use them once, so maybe a way to use them in a different way? And finally a bouncing boulder! once it starts rolling it keeps on bouncing back and forth so that you could make it hit buttons and other things like that (including enemies!),

I am not a very good mechanic in Terraria but a cool trap you could add a boulder that attaches to wire and moved with the wire, although you could just make a boulder that attaches to chains or ropes. Boulders are unfortunately ineffective in the moons because you can only use them once, so maybe a way to use them in a different way? And finally a bouncing boulder! once it starts rolling it keeps on bouncing back and forth so that you could make it hit buttons and other things like that (including enemies!),
It would be cool if the bouncing boulder was affected by pistons as well. If they ever put in pistons.

Pistons would be cool, but I'm not sure if the game's engine would really agree with them.
That's true. But if it's too much of a problem then pistons should only move players, enemies, Sliding Blocks (pg.98), and Boulders...pretty much objects that are already capable of being moved.

Also I feel that End-Game wings don't do much because of the UFO mount. When I did my first Martian Madness event I got two cosmic car keys From the big UFOs And end game wings aren't that effective if your using the UFO mount.

One-Way Force Fields
Think of Halo Forge.
-1x1 to 1x3 one-way platforms that launch/push you through the blocked side when you move through them.
-One side is blocked, any attacks are blocked and any entities (including players) are bounced back; other side allows attacks & entities to pass through them, entities that touch this side are pulled through and launched to the other side (strength of launch & bounce is somewhat dependent on speed of entity colliding with it).
-Will rotate horizontally, diagonally, vertically (8 rotations) when hammered; rotates clockwise when facing right, counter-clockwise when facing left.
-Wire toggle signal will flip it so the blocked & non-blocked sides are reversed.
-Looks like a translucent glowing platform with a red (for blocked) and a blue (open) side.
[DOUBLEPOST=1447255241,1447255079][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also I feel that End-Game wings don't do much because of the UFO mount. When I did my first Martian Madness event I got two cosmic car keys From the big UFOs And end game wings aren't that effective if your using the UFO mount.
Yeah, it would've been great if they gave those wings the ability to dash in all four directions or something.

It's Samu's Idiotic Idea Time once again!

An accessory that boosts the player's stats and buffs if they are in front of activated wire

Programmable robots built from blocks

Mechanic class, uses various traps and mechanics to kill enemies(okay bad idea, how about just more traps)

Blueprints
-used to "draw" blueprints that can then be placed anywhere as long as there's enough space
-You "draw" on them lije you would build normally, by choosing the block and clicking. This does not consume the block(would you even need a block? It might be easier if you do, especially with those hundreds of non-mechanical blocks)
-You can use one blueprint as many times as you want, as long as you have the required items in your inventory

Maybe some kind of power sources? It might make wiring and mechanics more complicated but... Nah, it's a bad idea

Thank you for reading

Having a 4th wire color will be very useful, but I think what we really need are colored actuators, which only take signals from their color wire. This will mainly be useful for making screens.
Screens? What do you mean? changing screens? Computer Screens?
[DOUBLEPOST=1447261092,1447260889][/DOUBLEPOST]
Blueprints
-used to "draw" blueprints that can then be placed anywhere as long as there's enough space
-You "draw" on them lije you would build normally, by choosing the block and clicking. This does not consume the block(would you even need a block? It might be easier if you do, especially with those hundreds of non-mechanical blocks)
-You can use one blueprint as many times as you want, as long as you have the required items in your inventory

Not a bad idea... could craft with paper, glowing mushrooms and chalk?
Paper is 8 grass seeds at loom?
chalk is a material required for writing on signs and is colourable, for maps, etc?

Animated Background Blocks
When toggled will cause the background to be animated for players within its range.
-Shuffle through different animations via hammer: flash, shockwave, shaking, fade to black, fade to white, etc.
-Great for level designers.

Looped Background Blocks
-When toggled, background is animated with a loop for players in its range.
-Shuffle through different effects via hammer: sway, slow/normal/fast moving left or right (direction dependant on which way the block is facing), slow flicker, etc.
-Great for those who want to make themed buildings or events in their world (ex: boats).

Game Controls: Placement State
When you place an object (like a block) but want it in a different state, it can be annoying to have to keep pulling out that hammer to fix it. Why not put in a function that makes the object's state what you want initially?
-Hold down left click, then keep right clicking until the placement preview shows the state of the object you want. Let go of left click to place it.

Game Controls: Placement State
When you place an object (like a block) but want it in a different state, it can be annoying to have to keep pulling out that hammer to fix it. Why not put in a function that makes the object's state what you want initially?
-Hold down left click, then keep right clicking until the placement preview shows the state of the object you want. Let go of left click to place it.
Why not make it so that you can just shift+right click a block to hammer it? It's easier and more efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom