Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i am here to give a few ideas on terraria mobile So lets get to it!
#1-Im wondering if you guys are going to add moon lord in the next updates for mobile or a new end game boss for mobile.

#2-In the future updates will you guys add Cthulhu as the last new endgame boss for all versions of terraria?

-There should be more cool stuff added in terraria mobile.

#4-There should be slightly larger words in terraria mobile and Expert and Hardcore mode for mobile.
Adding a new boss is a bit bit for this update, particularly an end game boss. Also they seem to of had their fill of full Cthulhu suggestions. The moon lord will be the end game boss for the foreseeable future. He looks enough like Cthulhu for me.

Also this is the PC suggestion area of the forum. Mobile has another section as different people work on it.

Can we get broken wires as a decoration?
(from Edge of Space) they're really cool
also, (might not be wire related) but, can we get a power armor type?
(fallout mentions) and energy weapons, made from wires?
*Ideas* (no sprites sorry)
Power Armor helmet
defense
activated: 22
deactivated: 11 Rarity: Yellow
Crafting
11 Lightning bars
50 Wire(s)

Power armor chest
defense
activated: 34
deactivated: 17 Rarity: Yellow
Crafting
20 Lightning bars
150 wires(s)

Power armor leggings
defense
activated: 24
deactivated: 12 Rarity: Yellow
Crafting
15 Lightning bars
100 wire(s)

Set bonus: No fall damage and +20% melee attack damage. Effect like turtle, but zapping anything that damages you.

Weapons:
Power fist
damage: 150
knock back: very strong
crit chance: 5%
speed: fast
best mod: legendary
rarity:
Red (drops from moonlord and cyborg master)

Plasma pickaxe
damage: 110
knockback: average
crit: 5%
rarity:
Yellow
Crafting
12 Lightning bars
50 Wire(s)

Plasma Hamaxe
damage: 110
knockback: average
crit: 5%
rarity:
Yellow
Crafting
12 Lightning bars
50 Wire(s)

Plasma sword
Damage: 165
Knockback: very strong
Crit: 10%
Speed: very fast (autoswing)
rarity:
Yellow
Crafting
12 Lightning bars
50 Wire(s)

Lightning bar
made from 6 lightning ore, mined from sky islands

Prefixes:
Shocking
+10% damage
+10% speed
+10% chance to stun causing
Electrified
Electrified.png

Electrifying
+20% damage
+20% knockback
+20%speed
+20% crit chance
+20% chance to stun causing
Electrified
Electrified.png

Enthusiastic
+ 50% speed
+20% crit chance

Enemies:
Cyborg zombie
health: 300- normal 500- expert
damage 150-normal 300-expert
drops:
Lightning ore 1-6
Cyborg zombie vanity set

Bosses

Cyborg master...
Health:
Head: 54000
Arms: 27000 (each)
Feet: 27000 (each

Stages
Once feet are destroyed, Jetpacks come out of his back, glowing
Cyan
Once arms are destroyed, His arms turn into rocket launchers and swords
Kill these and be able to attack his head. attack his eyes, and once destroyed, his head opens to reveal periscope destroy that to finally kill him, which results in explosion.
Walk away like a badass.

DROPS: Lightning bars 10-60
Wire: 200- 650
Power fist
Any Power armor piece

Whew, took me 30m to write

Last edited:
NEW WRENCH IDEA:
1. A new wrench called Outerspace wrench (or any other name, this isn't my point) crafted the same as the Drill Containment Unit (Drill Mount) but it places black wires that do not consume anything (infinite wires) but instead it takes 15 or 20 of each bar used to make the drill mount (Optional idea: add any color wrench to the crafting).

2. A wrench called the Crystal Wrench that places purple wires sold by the wizard after the mechanical bosses/Plantera (one of them depending on the respective developers) are defeated. Uses mana instead of wires that consumes 5-7 (or other mana amounts) mana per wire. Something great for mage characters :happy:(including myself)

Thank you and I hope you find these ideas good enough. Even if I don't see them in the future i still bet the 1.3.1 update will be amazing.
Keep on the good work! ;)

Well, I am very new to wiring in Terraria. In fact, I only have about 90 hours as of right now in the game. I love the game so far and I hope I can help improve the game. As a noob, wiring is very difficult for me. I have looked on the internet and I have found nothing on wiring and the basics of how to do it. So, to start, I believe that the guide should say something if you have wire/wrench/wire cutter in your inventory telling you how to use it. I am still trying to figure this out. Second, to my knowledge, there is no way to craft wire or the tools so, it would be nice to be able to craft the tools and wire early in the game so players can make contraptions earlier. Third, MORE MORE MORE! I often think to myself while using wire, I often think "Wow, I really am bad at this" but then my thoughts wander to "I wish there was more I could do with wiring". This has lead me to wonder why the things you can do with wires are so limited. There should be a lot more options of obvious capabilities of wire. Like Jump Pads or Shield Generators or something. Of course, if you included Shield Generators you would need batteries and stuff (ANOTHER GOOD IDEA BATTERIES) to power the shields from... what, possibly a new mechanical boss? ;) Fourth, make it easier guys. I wish that I could make my contraptions faster. <- Period. If you guys could develop some accessories that make wire placing easier/faster that would be cool, also a system that makes it so we can press control and place wire hella fast. Or maybe something that can replace wires and is harder to get but is easier to use and faster to make. I don't know, you guys seem pretty creative. Fifth, make more colors of wiring. That seems to be about it guys, hope you consider this.

NEW WRENCH IDEA:
1. A new wrench called Outerspace wrench (or any other name, this isn't my point) crafted the same as the Drill Containment Unit (Drill Mount) but it places black wires that do not consume anything (infinite wires) but instead it takes 15 or 20 of each bar used to make the drill mount (Optional idea: add any color wrench to the crafting).

2. A wrench called the Crystal Wrench that places purple wires sold by the wizard after the mechanical bosses/Plantera (one of them depending on the respective developers) are defeated. Uses mana instead of wires that consumes 5-7 (or other mana amounts) mana per wire. Something great for mage characters :happy:(including myself)

Thank you and I hope you find these ideas good enough. Even if I don't see them in the future i still bet the 1.3.1 update will be amazing.

Worth noting that it has been stated that there will ONLY be 4 colors of wiring, the 4th being yellow. Related to engine limitations, so it isn't likely to be changing.

NEW WRENCH IDEA:

How would the crystal wrench be good for mages? dont you want to save mana potions for bosses?
I find it easier to buy a tonne of wire.
plus no more wrenches are to be added.

Last edited:
In lieu of reading 111 pages of things, here are my upvotes and suggestions (omitting anything already confirmed as far as I know at time of writing):

• That conducting liquid. Seems really cool, and there's a ton of things that can be done with it.
  • Sensors galore: Day, Night, Liquid, Proximity...
  • Wireless, Wireless, Wireless
  • "Burst" Timers (Better Name Pending): When turned on, activate once, then turn themselves off
  • "Flow" Pumps: Create a Lava/Water/Honeyfall that will activate associated effects (honey regen, lava damage...) but not impede speed majorly or open the world to a liquid generator for world flooding...
  • More stuff to kill myself on mobs with
  • Chests being a trigger upon changing fill (i.e. I remove last object from chest, it sends a signal and if I put it back in, there's another signal)
  • Note Blocks for doorbells and alarms
  • A "Switch": Input 1 is sent to Output. Input 2 toggles which color output on. Example use: Wall of Dart Traps that fire one after another with two 1s Timers
  • A single, rainbow-esque wrench for all our wiring needs (Why tote around 4 wrenches for this fancy stuff?)
  • Perhaps a "Message Block" which, when triggered, delivers a chat-like message. For instance, when added to the Capture the Gem boxes, will state something like "Red Team Captured the Ruby!"
  • A Dropper: Hands out items when activated, akin to the Minecraft object of the same name.
This is just what I came up with in the past couple days..

Ideas of mechanism
Air cleaner:Environment within a certain range, will slow down from being contaminated

Cthulhu himself as a boss. IDK about attacks, health, etc. But, could you use Boss 2 as his theme? I think it would work well as his theme.:happy:

It has been announced that Moon Lord is Cthulhu (well, his brother)

and do I feel i mentioned this on the last page already? nah... :confused:

"Cthulhu as an end game boss?"

Well.. we already have our endgame boss, Moon Lord, who is apparently Cthulhu`s brother...
Plus moon lord and Cthulhu look similar... :brain:

Wireless transmitters with multiple tiers. Tier 1 can be purchased from cyborg, tiers 2 and 3 need to be crafted and have a longer range.
Window shutters (furniture layer) that can be toggled via right click or wire.
Turrets that shoot monsters when powered.
Cameras that give an ON input when a (monster, player, npc, all, depending on camera type) enters their field of view.
Safes that can only be opened when unpowered.
Tripwires/laser tripwires.
Alarms, sirens, warning lights, etc.
More wire-based explosives (breaching, anti-monster, cluster, etc).
Forcefields, with different types that allow different things through.
A pedestal where you can place summoning weapons. When powered, it will spawn up to 3 of the minions, depending on the # of ON inputs connected to it.
Net traps. Require an ON input to be active, traps target in a net when stepped on. Players have to rapidly press movement keys to escape, critters cant escape, monsters can escape after certain amount of time, bosses not affected.
Laser beam traps.
Item/keycard detectors, that trigger when a player with a specific item/keycard passes through it.
Locked doors players can place with reusable keys (not really wires but would be nice). Each lock comes with its specific key when crafted, so no two lock and key sets are alike. Alternatively/additionally there could be color coded locks (red key & red lock for example).
Directional wires.
Light or day/night sensors.

I also have this idea where the in game chat can only be recieved by players within a certain distance of the typer, or are within a network of chat transmitters. Also there could be an accessory that makes it work anywhere that can be incorperated into the cell phone.

Love the game, keep up the great work!

Perhaps setting a "constant power" item (battery/generator, one depleteable, one always putting an on pulse every second, similar to the one second timer maybe, but have it be a half second timer?) could be used to operate equipment non stop. Also, for the logic gate idea, could be a wire layer item one could use to "route" pulses. As in, generator or battery item puts out a constant ON pulse to its connected wires, unless switched off (starts ON at world start?) and then one can add gates, which function similarly to MOSFETS (no, not by setting things around them on fire when they fail) but rather if switched on from one or two pinouts, allows signals to pass through from the other two pinouts, with some acting just like mosfets (allow signals only one way through the gated circuit, simulating the reverse high resistance by not allowing the signal to pass back. A second version could simply allow signals both ways regardless of gate / circuit orientation.) So you could set it so that if certain conditions are true or false along the way, a signal could be interrupted or its flow changed.

Some folks asked about something to either amplify or resist / delay a pulse. To maintain a pulse over the max length (I believe its 1000 right?) you'd want capacitors. To increase signal speed one could make the new items transformers. To slow it down, you'd want resistors. For those who wanted to be able to have multiple passthrough in the same tile for multiple wires, one could use a junction box, which could be made from various components and could also act as a master switch (maybe opens like a chest when right clicked so various connections could be made?)

I also +1 the idea of wiring spools. Maybe even make a chest or trough like object called a Spool Caddy. You can place several spools, choose one specific wire and a spot on the screen to anchor it, and run with it, could run a whole screen's worth before you "set" it and then start another length. Could also add another background item, called Conduit, which could be laid in long lengths (10,-20 ft?) which could be used along with a new item available from mechanic, Fish Tape to run huge lengths of cable. You use the fish tape and right click it to change colors of wire you're laying down, then use it on a length of conduit, and it lays it in the same way you run rope downwards, at similar speeds, thus reducing the need for screwy layouts. Since you'd be able to lay conduit in long sections, you could avoid a lot of headaches going through large walls, etc. Maybe requires all colors of wrench and some colored string (yoyo accessory) to make?

As for "wireless" repeater type items, that'd be great, but maybe those would require a constant "ON" signal from a battery or generator type item and only affect a certain area... (field gets reduced by blocks, gets reduced greatly by mineral/metal ore in the way, and has one or two screens or even entirety of above ground (not elevation but actually above all the dirt) line of sight range if surrounded by open air. Just like your home wireless router you got from your ISP. may be simpler for the devs to simply make it send signal anywhere with an open air (one block wide opening or wider) not surrounded by two block thick walls or thicker?

Battery items. We can have extra fun with this, but it may also just over complicate things because the power / pulse system is already so very well established, developed and working well. Still, say you make batteries out of copper/lead/tin/tungsten/gold/platinum and gel, obviously the better the metal the longer the battery can keep its circuit alive (maybe someone can mix in the idea of a mana battery they had on the equipment forum into this somehow.) Each battery stores half a night's power for one object (there is always a pulse every tick on the wire) divided further by more objects connected, or for every 100 wires of length (simulated loss from resistance) Battery gets charged by being connected to a generator or to a solar panel which only charges it during the day (no loss of power + battery always full, could have a charge/depletion meter, and charge in the same time it takes to discharge just to make things more interesting.) Any switch connected to a battery is not actuated by it, but it will turn off the battery's always existing wire pulse. To make it easier for the devs and for players, the battery could receive "on off" signals on its body and have "terminals" to which you attach signal receiving wires. It would make the signal sorting easier for everyone.

** Another idea is that batteries or generators as described could instead be used to lower the "refresh" speed of various items, statues, etc which have activation delays to have them actually operate faster or more frequently instead.

For conveyor belt ideas, these could be operated by on signal instead of simply always running and being turned on and off. Since the "pulse" concept could be used to work just like real power when operating motors, lets say per signal per a particular set of game ticks (velocity of conveyor could be set this way) lets say the conveyor moves at the set speed if pulse is received, if not it is idle/unpowered. Again this could complicate things, because the rest of the power system doesn't work that way.

I've wanted to suggest turrets (someone else beat me to that) and weapon mount/customizable turrets / tracked autonomous robot patrollers, but I got beat to that one too.
Still, my suggestion was to maybe have them wired to prioritize hostiles near "sensor" items on walls or "proximity" blocks if they are wired to the turret or if a wireless transmitter's area covers both items. (One could also wire the wireless transmitters through solid objects to create some pretty cool networks. In fact this is where this would work greatly. Perhaps for the robot patrollmen/turrets, one would require some sort of second condition besides the device being turned on/actuated on. Perhaps it would require a "power supply == yes" condition, and a battery could operate off of solar power and stay on until its timer/charge runs out, and a generator could act as a never ending no need to charge version. Obviously generator would be bulkier, harder to fit in many places, etc. Battery could be a single block just like the explosives pack. There could be a limit to these devices and how many other things they could power.

I had more ideas, but I'm tired so maybe another time?

Last edited:
ok heres a few more:
-maybe each npc could do their own "thing" such as guide reading books and arms dealer polishing as gun, this gives npc more of a personality
-maybe a new hook that allows hooking to background walls (i know this has nothing to do with wiring)
-a pressure plate that activates when a player steps on and activates again when off
-maybe some sound blocks (right click to open window to "tone" the block and will make that sound when powered) this would be useful for doorbells, mob-detection and for custom songs!:D

ok heres a few more:
-maybe each npc could do their own "thing" such as guide reading books and arms dealer polishing as gun, this gives npc more of a personality
-maybe a new hook that allows hooking to background walls (i know this has nothing to do with wiring)
-a pressure plate that activates when a player steps on and activates again when off
-maybe some sound blocks (right click to open window to "tone" the block and will make that sound when powered) this would be useful for doorbells, mob-detection and for custom songs!:D

+1 Like for individual npc animations :merchantgrin:

Here are my ideas of what to add to Terraria :joy: in the next update:
-First, i had an idea of a Mini-Boss in my head for a long time, and here it is: For the Hallow, a boss will spawn from a rainbow, with a golden pot (which can be looted, obtained, and used as a chest) and himself being a
Leprechaun. His drop loot will be: Irish Beer, 4 Clover (Equipable, gives you a better chance to get better loot), Leprechaun costume (Consists of Hat with a beard, Suit, Pants), 10-100 Gold coins, And maybe some kind of a weapon.
-Some mobs for the beach next to the ocean, like a
Tribe, with Masks, who live in little leave huts. Their loot can be: A spear, with 25 damage, A mask with 3 defence, and a Leaf Shorts with 3 defence. Their little huts can have their own chest (Tribe Chest), Wooden walls, and a leaf roof.
-Some more
Decorations to put around your house, like a carpet, or some other little cute thingie.
-Being able to build a
Dog/Cat house, in which a dog/cat can live, and come along with you on an adventure. Dealing 20 damage, and having 200 Health, they are a helpful and cute little buddy, who's fur colour can be changed.
-Some kind of other
Worlds, which can be accessed by different portals hidden around the world, underground, above ground. There can be a Portal that takes you to some kind of an Alien Planet, which can be a massive update.
Thanks for taking my opinion in consideration! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom