Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a setting on world creation to choose between Corruption and Crimson? If a player is wanting one or the other specifically, it'd make things easier if they could just pick one instead of sometimes needing to make several worlds.
Please do this
its such a pain to get the evil biome you want/need.

In Minecraft, there's an item called the hopper (I think) which collects items and deposits it into containers, but Minecraft doesn't have so many drops that this would be needed. Meanwhile, I'm running around during solar eclipses and invasions, dying every 10 seconds to grab items.

TL;DR

Hopper please.

In Minecraft, there's an item called the hopper (I think) which collects items and deposits it into containers, but Minecraft doesn't have so many drops that this would be needed. Meanwhile, I'm running around during solar eclipses and invasions, dying every 10 seconds to grab items.

TL;DR

Hopper please.

Question: Why did't you just wait, until the event is over, to collect all your loot when the coast is clear?

Aside from that, it would be kinda neat, to have a little buddy with his own small inventory space, who collects items for you. Like Chester from Don't Starve, who actually picks things up.

Npc specific switches. If mechanic walks over switch it switches on, others it switches to off. New platforms that can be toggled on and off. Don't want npc's going up platform stairs then switch them off. Customizable npc props that act similar to signs. Click on them and they cycle through 1 of 3 player written sentences. Small field of movement from placement spot. Changeable hair and clothing. Would be great for player created quest worlds.

Question: Why did't you just wait, until the event is over, to collect all your loot when the coast is clear?

Aside from that, it would be kinda neat, to have a little buddy with his own small inventory space, who collects items for you. Like Chester from Don't Starve, who actually picks things up.
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think there is a limit to how many items are allowed to float around uncollected, so I'm just scared I'll miss out on a really good drop if I don't pick the trash up.

I remember Chester, but I don't remember him doing more than lazily follow me around, not picking much of anything up :p
It'd still be nice to have my cute pink piggy bank actually follow me though. The lazy oinker would be even better if it picked stuff up now and then.

TL;DR

Gimme a flying vacumn cleaner (or Warframe's carrier)

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think there is a limit to how many items are allowed to float around uncollected, so I'm just scared I'll miss out on a really good drop if I don't pick the trash up.
Yes, but the limit is 400 loose items.( = 8 full inventories)
Since most coins or other stackable items of the same type will "merge" to one single loose item when nearby each other, you'll probably never hit that limit in single-player, unless you leave the game open during an AFK farm for hours.

So you're safe. ;)
Edit: If you're REALLY paranoid, tho, restart Terraria every now and again during longer play-sessions, to clean-up any left over item or coin, you never bothered to pick up.

I remember Chester, but I don't remember him doing more than lazily follow me around, not picking much of anything up :p
It'd still be nice to have my cute pink piggy bank actually follow me though. The lazy oinker would be even better if it picked stuff up now and then.

I should have phrased it differently in my other post. What i meant to say, is a follower like Chester, but instead of just following you around, his Terraria-counterpart would collect items. He doesn't do that in Don't Starve. (I would'nt be suprised, if theres a mod for it, tho.)

Last edited:
I have a simple idea in asking for a zoom option. I want to be able to see things at a 2x or even 3x or 4x option like other digging games. Being all zoomed out on widescreen monitors is super hard sometimes.

I know there's the whole 'go fullscreen and choose a lower resolution' option, but it makes things blurred and then messes with my desktop sometimes.

I'd rather honestly just have a zoom option that I can change.

@Aerik93:
I always wondered, why Terraria offers zero control over world generation, aside from the 3 different sizes.

You could make the argument, that it's not implemented, to keep a sense of discovery and anticipation, but you could always just simply hit "random all" to keep that. More options are always good.
Speaking of anticipation: The current world-gen loading bar kinda kills it, by giving away, wether you have corruption or crimson in your world. Personally, i don't like it.

i don't know if this can be called wiring, but i have the idea of shared chests.
cause piggybank and tresor are sometimes not enough for all the loot and that is why i would like to have an item, that can layed in two chest combine them.

How about fixing hoiks, but introduce dedicated "Hoik-Blocks" (Tooltip: "Glitchy!") as well, which still hoik as usual and can be wired to a switch in order to change their shape.

If the goal is to retain all the functions of hoiks with the fix, then why not just leave hoiks untouched? Plus, due to the dev response concerning hoiks, we can view them as a feature of the game, not a glitch. There's really no compelling reason to touch hoiks at this stage.

Yes, but the limit is 400 loose items.( = 8 full inventories)
Since most coins or other stackable items of the same type will "merge" to one single loose item when nearby each other, you'll probably never hit that limit in single-player, unless you leave the game open during an AFK farm for hours.

You can reach the limit very quickly during Pumpkin Moon (within a few minutes). I think some sort of automatic pick-up and placement into storage would be a great idea. It's possible currently to have all items delivered to you via hoiks (and conveyor belts will make it easier in 1.3.1), but you still need to periodically take a moment to clear your inventory to be able to pick up the drops.

I like the ideas mentioned earlier of a hopper/sorter. When wired to chests, it will automatically quick stack all items that are in it to the chest already holding those items upon closing. Any items that are not in a linked chest remain in the sorter.

Example:
Sorter contains the four stacks each of dirt, stone, and mud, some herbs and seeds and a drax that I dropped in by mistake.

It is wired to all the chests in my store room.

Upon closing, all the materials and blocks go to their assigned chests and the drax is still in the sorter as there is no drax in any linked chests.

Terraria 1.3.1: New Mechanical Bosses!
New Hardmode Brain of Cthulu! Name: Neuron of Cthulu
New Biomes such as Savanna, Plain, Mesa, Cold Forest
New Wood (Furniture and log) and Tree! Birch Tree for Forest, Dead Tree and Pine Tree
NPCs being able to Speak
Player being able to chat in Singleplayer
New Wrenches (Yellow, White and Black)
New Wires
New Enemies! Elephant, Lion and in Hardmode, Hiena and Panther!
Exclusive Drops! Panther Claw to make more or less a Shoe Spikes (Panther Spikes)
terraria idea.png
ideas

If the goal is to retain all the functions of hoiks with the fix, then why not just leave hoiks untouched? Plus, due to the dev response concerning hoiks, we can view them as a feature of the game, not a glitch. There's really no compelling reason to touch hoiks at this stage.
Well, hoiks are an unintentional glitch, which was left alone, only because so many people build awesome things out of them. (which is awesome)
But the main reasons, i'd rather have them replaced with dedicated hoik-items, would be to have them blend better into the gameworld and for the sake of better game design, like rewarding progression at some point with the ability to build hoik-y things.

Another thing, that's often looked over, is, that you can still hoik through blocks unintentionally.
It was very common with structures made out of platforms and was fixed in 1.3.
It still happens uninentionally with other blocks in the underground, due to weird world generation, tho, most of the time, you can mine yourself out, if you're getting stuck in a wall. People might still just wanna build structures out of triangle-hammered blocks, without getting hoiked.

You can reach the limit very quickly during Pumpkin Moon (within a few minutes). I think some sort of automatic pick-up and placement into storage would be a great idea. It's possible currently to have all items delivered to you via hoiks (and conveyor belts will make it easier in 1.3.1), but you still need to periodically take a moment to clear your inventory to be able to pick up the drops.

In addition to that, they could increase the range in which stackable items (like coins) will merge. Coins are the biggest contributors to hitting the item limit. It's because drops are getting spread far out during end-game events, depending on how much you move around.
You know what else would be kinda neat? A magnet-accessory, which pulls coins/ore/etc towards you within a certain range.

Well, hoiks are an unintentional glitch, which was left alone, only because so many people build awesome things out of them. (which is awesome)
But the main reasons, i'd rather have them replaced with dedicated hoik-items, would be to have them blend better into the gameworld and for the sake of better game design, like rewarding progression at some point with the ability to build hoik-y things.

They already blend into the gameworld just fine, and I don't see a problem with hoiks being available right out of the gate instead of being a "reward of progression". There is already a form of progression with hoiks - you can do more with hoiks once you gain access to the mechanic in late pre-hardmode, and then even more once you gain access to the steampunker in early hardmode.

More importantly however is the fact that hoiks don't have very much influence over gameplay - it is easier to progress through the game without using them. They aren't even that useful in most farms. Instead, their main use has been to build non-gameplay-related electronics or set certain kill/farming records.

Another thing, that's often looked over, is, that you can still hoik through blocks unintentionally.

I wouldn't say this point is overlooked. It is largely inconsequential in the overwhelming majority of cases (since you can mine or hammer out of it, teleport out of it, or quit and re-enter the world) and occurs very rarely anyways since it's almost impossible to mount a hoik accidentally.

Last edited:
Terraria 1.3.1: New Mechanical Bosses!
New Hardmode Brain of Cthulu! Name: Neuron of Cthulu
New Biomes such as Savanna, Plain, Mesa, Cold Forest
New Wood (Furniture and log) and Tree! Birch Tree for Forest, Dead Tree and Pine Tree
NPCs being able to Speak
Player being able to chat in Singleplayer
New Wrenches (Yellow, White and Black)
New Wires
New Enemies! Elephant, Lion and in Hardmode, Hiena and Panther!
Exclusive Drops! Panther Claw to make more or less a Shoe Spikes (Panther Spikes)View attachment 98242 ideas
As cool as some of that is, we're out of layers for more wire colors.

Yellow is the final color.

Okay. I have some ideas.
1. Add Sheep that DON'T KILL YOU. (talking to you, Snow Flinx)
2.:cool: Add mlg glasses
3. Mega Man Refrence. Add a vanity for him and we don't need an arm cannon, since it was already added. Blue Bomber Helmet, Blue Bomber ect. With tooltip Super Fighting Robot.
4. undertale Refrence. Add Flowey as a new flower type with tooltip (ITS KILL OR BE KILLED)
5. Add new structures like villages or factories (check #6)
6. Add different types of food. Are we gonna eat MUSHROOMS forever?
7.:zombie: zombie boss
8. Mech suits :dryadcool::merchantcool::nursecool:~:cool:`:cool::cool:
9. NPC: Prospector. Sells picks, mining themed items, and a new ore at #10
10. Tainted Gold, Silver, and Copper. Used to craft real gold, silver, and copper.
11. Sun Lord 1.3.1. Final boss. Kill Moon Lord. If you move 1 single step, the sun blows up, solar eclipse happens. But, theres a twist. Mecha Mothron fight instead AND Moon Lords body parts forge together. Moon Lord is there, but with power of sun, he becomes Sun Lord. Harder than Expert Moon Lord, he attacks with Fire Balls, Meteors, Forcebeams, Lasers, and Solariumn Deathray: 1 shot kill in anymode, and in expert it deletes your character as it would if in Hardcore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom