Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well figured i may as well throw my hat in since i am waiting for the next update. I would hope to see all (at least most) Statues gain actual uses. Here were the idea's I had (apologies in advanced for the impending long post and if someone else suggested these)
When powered causes a constant effect in a radius;
Angel Statue: either nothing still or reduce re-spawn time by a certain amount. Anvil Statue: give a chance to not use a random item when using an anvil (similar to alchemy table). Armor Statue: Increase defense (similar to the Dryad). Ax Statue: Increase ax mining speed (not power just speed). Boomerang Statue: Increase boomerang power. Boot Statue: Increase movement speed. Bow Statue: Increase bow power. Corrupt Statue: Either very slowly spread corruption in the area or change background/bgm to corruption biome. Cross Statue: Increase Invulnerability time/frames. Eye Statue: Spawn a Demon Eye. Gargoyle Statue: Reduce mob spawn rates. Gloom Statue: Increase mob spawn rate. Goblin Statue: Spawn a Goblin Scout. Hammer Statue: Increase hammer mining speed (not power). Hornet Statue: Spawn a Hornet. Imp Statue: Spawn an Imp. Mushroom Statue: Either very slowly spread Mushroom in the area or change background/bgm to Mushroom biome. Pickaxe Statue: Increase Pickaxe mining speed (not power). Pillar Statue: Increase block placing range/speed. Pot Statue: Spawn a pot once every few minutes. Potion Statue: Give a chance of making an extra potion or just increase chance of not using an ingredient. Reaper Statue: Increase damage but decrease defense. Shield Statue: Remove knock-back or increase def. Spear Statue: Increase Spear power. Sunflower Statue: Increase flower growing speed or very slowly spread Putiry in the area or change background/bgm to Purity biome. Sword Statue: Increase Sword power. Tree Statue: Increase tree growth speed. Woman Statue: Female npc's get buffed or give a discount. The three Lihzahrd statues: summon a random Lihzahrd.

Finally as for the text statues maybe something of when placed next to a teleporter (must be touching and on same level aka base of statue touching base of teleporter) it will link it to go to any other teleporter that has the matching letter/number next to it. Otherwise if only one it teleports randomly. Which could help with making far more compact teleporter rooms.

Sorry once again for the long post and hopefully this gets read and/or isn't just repeating something someone else has already said.
I'm BR, Sorry my poor english.
So, that was a good idea, but it could be better if u think that statues can give buffs in a better way... i know u thinking: "wtf this guy are talking about?".
Just this:
Boomerang: not the power, just the distance it can travel. (i don't know how to say it :v lol).
Armor: not the defense, but the armor penetration when fighting the mobs...
u understand me? i mean, statues can help, but not can be turned in a way to "overpower" the heroes...

What about a way to send and receive signal? think possibilities... not a way to exclude wiring, but, if u have a mechanism that can control a receiver within 2 0 tiles far. not more. or an way to create a signal sender and receiver using wires and some wired related-or-especific blocks, like a martian conduit plating.

I think there should be an accessory called a candle holder which when when equipped it adds an extra slot to the equipment section. You can place torches or water/peace candles in the slot and its always equipped on the side of your character so you are able to have light, use weapons/items, and also gain the effects of the water/peace candle at the same time

I would like to see some defense type thing, like for example turrets, spotlights, umm.. Oh! Like, I guess I'm looking for something like how Fallout 4 has their setup.

By the way, Thanks for all you've guys done on Terraria. I recently got the PC version again (My pc broke years ago) and played Terraria with wide eyes. There's sooooo much more stuff! My mind is just blown away. (The midnight rainbow dye, and negative dye have to be the best part) I only ever played Xbone Terraria from time to time, because I had no friends who had the game. So yeah. Loving the game once again.

Hi all!
With an upcommint yellow wire it'll be nice to have a multy wrench that'll lay down a multy cable(all cables at once).
So then you can just add connects like here.
index.php

You can make multy wrench by crafting ofcouse, all wrenches+Tinkerer's Workshop.
And then you can make full multytool by merging wire cutters with multywrench at the Tinkerer's Workshop.
index.php

If you point it on a free space it'll lay a wire and if you point it on a wire it'll cut.
:)

Attachments

• cables.jpg
    cables.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1,148
  • wrenches.jpg
    wrenches.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,443
so my group and i have had some ideas for base Terraria for some time now.

-New Biomes
* Meteor Biome (in Space)
* Negative Biome ( using the new logic gate you could teleport to this new biome.)

-New Items
* new grapples( like the ones from the Other World trailer.)
*The Final Comet(using this staff causes a giant meteor around the size of moon lord's head to fall to the map causing a white flash for everyone on the map and killing anything on the screen excluding bosses.) uses 300 mana
*Grapple Gun( fires up to 100 blocks and the grapple catches the surface fired at)
*New boss trophies
*New Weapons that surpass the Prism and Terrarian( i had the idea for a gun the fired pixie dust at hyper velocity and caused really high damage to hollow enemies, another that used the junk you get from fishing as ammo called the Junk o Matic. that one obviously not doing so much.
*new aquariums for fish that you want to keep as pets. these include small, medium, and custom which allows players to make a house sized tank. food may be implemented as a side thing if popular enough.
* new Ores called Negacite, Cosmite, and Terrarite. the last one being even stronger than Luminite.
* a new tool that allows players to track the current state of the world. Ex. curruption/hollow/crimson percent. yes i know about the dryand but i thought of this for mobile players.

-New Enemies
*Nega Bosses( stronger versions of the previous bosses but inside the Negative Biome and include better or even new drops upon defeat.)
*Nega Enemies( much like the purity counterparts but stronger and more hostile, attacking more with more ferocity.)
* new boss monster the The Heart of Cthulu. i didnt really get in depth with this one.

-New game features
* extended cursor options like the ability to have a colored outline around the cursor so you dont lose it while fighting a boss.
* new music
* perhaps the ability to select worlds larger than Large. or even super flat words for those builders out there
* kinda out there but Game Clans

Thank You Re-logic for making this amazing game and i hope you like my ideas

How about microcontrollers
8 pin block
Pin input/outputs are programmable (they can change during runtime)
Kinda like a Picaxe microcontroller
Pin states could be On, Off, Frequency, or ?

yay, wiring!!!
-What about a hopper that sucks items above him (from a connveyor belt in 1.3.1) in and transports them in to another hopper or in a chest.
-A Tube system that can transport items from hoppers into chests or other tuff
-Wireless transmitters and recivers
-logic gates
-more wire powered decorations.... lika a TV or cuustom music block. that would be fun.

(This doesn't exactly have to do with wiring or any of that, but is rather a small feature you could throw in there.)

Perhaps some updates to the names of items and descriptions? I mostly thought of this:

Let's say, for example, you have a Ruthless Spider Queen Staff. In the description, it says "Summons a spider queen to spit eggs at your enemies". Why not have it say "Summons a Ruthless Spider Queen to spit eggs at your enemies"?

That was my original thought, but there are many ways to improve the titles and such of items. 1.3 changed many things about the GUI, so why not have 1.3.1 change some things about items?

Without complicating UI more, this could be done with crafting. Say you have 2 of same kind of shortswords, you could go tinkering table and combine them. It would have different attack animation made then.
Fair enough. However if you take the extra complicated step, you can add other things. (Sword and shield, sword and pistol, sword and wand etc.)

1 It would be cool if you could make a big bird terrarium and keep all of the available birds.
Big_bird_terrarium.png

2 There could be a low chance to get an egg drops
Eggs.png
from enemies that could be hatched in the incubator
Incubator.png
. Egg hatchings would be random in every tier.
3 For wirings the master block would be a good item
Master_block.png
. It could be as developer item. Master block would have 4 inputs and could execute commands like spawn monsters, change blocks, give/remove items from players so that more adventure maps could be created.

I'd like to see some a piipe system put into play, like sorting pipes that can hook up between chests. An maybe some kind of power generator's like a steam engine!

My Thoughts:

> Someone has already mentioned some sort of wireless extender, to activate the same-colored wire, from a far distance- helpful for teleporters, I like this Idea ~:D
> I love the idea of conveyor belts :dryadgrin:, however I'm not sure as to the purpose of these, except for moving NPCs/enemies (except for farming)
> Note Blocks! Has the ability to change tone on a typical scale. (For making music/tunes/amazing doorbells) [these would have to be actuated to save space, though- dimensions/size similar to a timer]
> I'd really like to see something like a 'colony deed' from the game Starbound implemented into Terraria. Would make the game significantly more enjoyable (despite already being an amazing game :passionate: )

I'll provide a link to the community-made wiki page from Starbound, titled "Colony Deed" Below:

http://starbounder.org/Colony_Deed

^^ Something like this in Terraria would be amazing, have a read :nursegrin:

(Sorry for going off-topic :merchantsigh: )

Too many pages to read here, so I'm just going to post ideas. Apologies if someone else has already suggested these.

--Wireless--
I loved this in Mirai's mod from before. So, for devices:
1) Wireless Tower -- Base range of 300 when on or very close to the surface. But drop below that and you are "underground" so the single range is cut in half to 150. In the hell layer, the signal is dropped to 50. Consider this as a router. It grabs wireless signals within it's range. Then sends the information out via a wire to another device.

2) Solar Panel -- sends out a pulse while on the surface and the sun is out. Inoperative when underground or surrounded by blocks and walls (unless glass is used to allow light in)
3) Lunar Panel -- sends out a pulse while the moon is out. Works only at night.
4) Light Sensor -- this one, you can configure it to work in the day or night, could be crafted by combining the previous two.

5) Orbital Tower -- this one only functions way up high, when placed on the floating islands, or higher up. But it's range is a massive 2000, to simulate an orbiting satellite.

6) Receiver -- receives a pulse wirelessly, and sends it out via wire to whatever you want to attach it to.
7) Transmitter -- sends out a pulse whenever it receives one via wire.

8) Turrets -- auto-firing turrets that either pull ammo from a special chest that is wired to the turret, or from one very close to it. This way you have to craft the ammo to use, instead of getting free ammo like the dart traps. Or else make it a slow rate of fire, etc. I prefer the first, since you can craft your favorite ammo to use, and only one turret is needed. Versus a dozen different ammo version ones.

9) Signal Amplifier - this could be used in conjunction with the wireless stuff, in order to boost the signal. Adding a variant amount, based on location. Or simply double the range. So an Amp hooked to an Orbital Tower could double it to 4000. Or one hooked up in the hell layer would double it to 100.

The towers could handle ALL signals, while the transmitter and receiver could get port numbers. So the transmitter operating on port 50 would only send a pulse to the receiver using port 50. A receiver nearby with port 100 would ignore the transmitter.

What about being able to dye your weapons and fighting pets like armor and accessories? Also a way to make dropped items in a certain place (like on a new block or item) go straight into a chest would be really useful for automated farms. And maybe a new tool that can change the position of walls like you can do with blocks with the hammer. Thanks for reading :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom