getfixedboi worldgen places wires linking vases and non-functional statues to traps

firecat666

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
GOG
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows XP
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I first noticed this in 1.4.4.2 (I think), but I made a new world in 1.4.4.9 and it still happens. This might be inherited from notraps, though I haven't played that seed yet to check.

This problem is most noticeable in the Dungeon, with random vases wired to pressure plates and traps but it happens all over the world with non-functional statues, including the ones in the Temple.

This seems to be like the kind of bug that has no impact at all, and would only be a misuse of dev time to fix.

Worst case scenario, these pressure plates do nothing at all, and the statues/vases were already existing in worldgen. It can't have any negative impact on gameplay, and simply does nothing if you step on it.

If I can make an honest recommendation, this isn't a "bug" worth reporting at this point. The time we could spend fixing it could go towards any other bug or feature.

This seems to be like the kind of bug that has no impact at all, and would only be a misuse of dev time to fix.

Worst case scenario, these pressure plates do nothing at all, and the statues/vases were already existing in worldgen. It can't have any negative impact on gameplay, and simply does nothing if you step on it.

If I can make an honest recommendation, this isn't a "bug" worth reporting at this point. The time we could spend fixing it could go towards any other bug or feature.
Sure, just thought I'd let you guys know because it's obviously a bug or unintended behaviour and it's particular to one of the new secret seeds, so it's been introduced recently. Also, it annoys me a bit because I like to collect every wire placed by worldgen and there's all this extra wire that's placed for no reason in these seeds.

In case you ever want to take a closer look into it, it seems to be a "feature" of notraps, as I'm looking at two screenshots on the wiki page (here and here) and that's pretty much what I've seen in my getfixedboi worlds.

Sure, just thought I'd let you guys know because it's obviously a bug or unintended behaviour and it's particular to one of the new secret seeds, so it's been introduced recently. Also, it annoys me a bit because I like to collect every wire placed by worldgen and there's all this extra wire that's placed for no reason in these seeds.

In case you ever want to take a closer look into it, it seems to be a "feature" of notraps, as I'm looking at two screenshots on the wiki page (here and here) and that's pretty much what I've seen in my getfixedboi worlds.

We've reproduced the issue on regular worlds, it doesn't seem to be a special seed-only issue.

We've reproduced the issue on regular worlds, it doesn't seem to be a special seed-only issue.
That's really weird, I don't remember ever seeing that before 1.4.4, and I've been OCD about always playing with wire visibility on and removing all the traps and wires for quite some time now. This could have been introduced between 1.4.4 and 1.4.0.5 as I didn't play the game inbetween those versions.

Back
Top Bottom