tModLoader Gimme Bars

Gubzs

Terrarian
Hey everyone, this is a simple mod I tossed together tonight. I figured I'd share it.

What does it do?

It makes enemies drop appropriate bars so that you can play through the game without mining if you want to.
The only thing you still have to mine is Meteorite, because meteorite is obtained differently from other ores, and it's not really a grind.

Copper Bars: Most types of slimes
Iron Bars: Weak enemies that come out at night, like zombies
Silver Bars: Weak enemies in caves like skeletons and cave bats
Gold Bars: Undead miners drop a lot of these, you can also get them from the mother slimes (these are more rare because a full armor set is more of a luxury, not very essential to progression)
Hellstone Bars: Weak enemies in the underworld
Cobalt Bars: Weaker early-hardmode enemies that can be found in any biome or underground
Mythril bars: Hardmode underground Corruption and Crimson enemies
Adamantite Bars: Underground Hallow creatures (these are more rare because a full armor set is more of a luxury, not very essential to progression)
-These will also drop fairly frequently from the harder underworld enemies after the three mechanical bosses are defeated
Chlorophyte Bars: Underground Jungle enemies (these will only drop after you defeat the three mechanical bosses)
In general, 150-300 kills will get you enough bars to make an armor set and a tool or two
The increased droprate version should reduce this to 50-100
In order to keep this mod simple, the alternative ores like tin or titanium do not drop. Those set effects tend to be more powerful than the originals anyway, so if you want the sets, feel free to mine them as usual.
Yep. This mod doesn't change anything at all related to mining. It just adds bars to enemy drops.

DOWNLOAD LINK (1.0)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j5hjx8smoq7j2oz/Gimme_Bars.tmod

DOWNLOAD LINK (1.0 increased droprates version)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mik91cr7gg692ac/Gimme_Bars(2).tmod

Same way you install any other Tmod! Put it in your (documents/my games/terraria/modloader/mods) folder

I ALSO HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING MOD BY JOPOJELLY: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/auto-trash.53592/
Why? It's a great mod and I wouldn't play without it. It'll keep your inventory clean of bars you don't want, among other things.

Last edited:
Kinda good for people who hate mining and finding some veins esp. the Chlorophytes...
Farming bars is kinda an additional job for gettin some bars that u need to progress, when ur finding some ore, some enemy that you encounter got em and u hav a bonus bars!...Good Job m8!
(here...have a cookie)

Just added an increased droprates version after playing through the original for a bit and realizing that in practice they feel a bit too low to play without mining.

Gonna give this a try, that looks like something that could actually be useful, especially for the hellstone bars in my case, which i always seems to be missing.

Back
Top Bottom