NPCs & Enemies Give dye to painter to unlock that type of dye as paint

blazeykat

Golem
7D9D4C53BC8F7E2EB82D67FFD06D8311A76CE6F8
So what im thinking is, say you got a bunch of useless dye from turning in strange plants. Instead of selling them, you could give them to the painter to unlock that kind of paint. There could also be bonus rewards on the way.

5 paints unlock: Paint mask.

10 paints unlock: Paint splatter dye (Makes the accessory/armor completely white but with some spots of color)

20: Paint combination station: Like dye station but with paints

40: Paintball rifle

80: Team swap cage (place-able, if an enemy walks in it becomes a pet)

All paints: Painted trophy and paint roller (weapon that can launch paint that leaves a damaging debuff)

All wisp dyes: Paint wisp (light pet like wisp but moves by itself to good areas)

Lunar dyes and void dye: Void warp (magic item like rod of discord but damages all enemies you pass through)

All living dyes: Paint sludge pet (a pet that looks like some living paint thing coming from the ground, changes color when moving)

All rainbow dyes: Paint staff (Summons paint sludge's (from before) to fight for you, leaves a damaging trail on the ground)

All flame dyes: Paint flame thrower (buffed version of flamethrower, uses paint as ammo)

All strange dyes: Suspicious looking sludge (can turn into a sludge monster by pressing s twice, becomes faster, leaves damaging trail, smaller.

If you want the emblem in your signature, copy this into your signature
Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/give-dye-to-painter-to-unlock-that-type-of-dye-as-paint.61668/#post1448371'][IMG]https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/859481783949351478/7D9D4C53BC8F7E2EB82D67FFD06D8311A76CE6F8/[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
I feel like this idea should have more attention than it does. Although I feel like the weapons could be tweaked a little with relation to when each prize is received. I can help you with that if you like.

As a whole, I'm with you. ~:D

Now introducing: Living Rainbow Paint! Guaranteed to make your eyes bleed out, especially on Rainbow Brick (Wall)!
I like how you didn't just say 'give dye to the painter and get it as paint hurr de durr' and actually expanded on potential rewards. The only problem I can see with this is the possibility of having to add a second or event their shop to the Painter. Support!

Now introducing: Living Rainbow Paint! Guaranteed to make your eyes bleed out, especially on Rainbow Brick (Wall)!
I like how you didn't just say 'give dye to the painter and get it as paint hurr de durr' and actually expanded on potential rewards. The only problem I can see with this is the possibility of having to add a second or event their shop to the Painter. Support!
Ok, I don't understand what you mean by event (cause cats don't go to school), but I will say you unlock it to buy it

Also I've seen you before. I just can't figure out where

Back
Top Bottom