Game Mechanics Give more love to summoner

Terrarian_Aku

Terrarian
I once played as summoner, and it was awesome! but I realize that this class is not like the others.
Let me explain:
  • Melee
It not only have a good damage from their armors, it also have much defence, making it a perfect tank and having a good ofensive at the same time, the solar armor it´s like a fusion of the bettle armor, much defense, the solar shield gives damage reduction and also boost damage.
  • Ranger
With the vortex armor it now have the ability to deal a good damage regardless of the weapon, why? because it boost all ranged type damage it´s not like shroomite armor, that needs a diferent helmet depending on the damage you what to do.
  • Magic
The nebula armor did something like vortex, the nebula blazes that spawn when you hit an enemy boost life and mana regen and also boost damage, the same as the others above, it don´t need to change to a different armor piece depending on what it wants to do.

And now the reason why i did this:

• Summoner
What can make summoner to boost their abilities? nothing, the endgame armor only helps ading slots and damage, but what about the sentries and the whips? we only boost them with accesories, I have an idea, what if stardust armor boost not only minions, what if it boost whips range and speed by a little, like a 5 or 10%?, and make the stardust armor an extra ability that gives you 1 or 2 extra sentry slot.

Also give to them and special accessory for their whips, like a pygmy glove that needs the power glove and the pygmy necklace to be crafted, this accessory will give you the stats of the power glove and the extra minion slot of the pygmy necklace making it a great accessory for summoners.

there's the armor you can buy from tavern keep, plus obsidian armor boosts your whip.

what if it boost whips range and speed by a little, like a 5 or 10%?
can i just say something when your post plantera you literally use whips that are nearly as powerful as a sniper rifle and their damage gets boosted even further with the equipment. i don't think they need any further buffs regarding that

Last edited:
Summoner has gotten tons of boosts. From 3 armor sets, to whips, the Finch, Flinx, Vampire Frog, Blade, Sanguine, Desert Tiger staff and Terraprisma. I think that’s enough.

The main way you could give Summoner more love is by giving them more options. There are a lot more staffs now, but the majority of them are in different tiers. Instead of choosing between the Night's Edge and the Palladium Blade, you simply upgrade from Imp Staff to Spider Staff. You don't really end up mixing minions much because of that, and it's a shame. Summoner would have a lot more variety and strategy if that was true.

For example, let's say the Xeno staff and Spider staff were the same tier. You could have some spiders to slow down enemies and UFOs to shoot those enemies. Tiers don't have to be tiers simply in damage, but other stats too. In this example, I would probably make the Xeno staff do more damage then the spiders, but have very little knockback or fire rate.

The main way you could give Summoner more love is by giving them more options.

Pretty much this, I mean look at the Summon Accessories in term of "variety". There's nine of them and three of them (Squire Shield, Monk Belt and Huntress Buckler) all do the exact same thing.

Also kinda wish we had more sentry based armor and accessories as well as weapons outside of The Old One's Army as their is so much potential for sentries in my opinion that hasn't been properly explored to the fullest.

Pretty much this, I mean look at the Summon Accessories in term of "variety". There's nine of them and three of them (Squire Shield, Monk Belt and Huntress Buckler) all do the exact same thing.

Also kinda wish we had more sentry based armor and accessories as well as weapons outside of The Old One's Army as their is so much potential for sentries in my opinion that hasn't been properly explored to the fullest.
Forget about the armor sentries think more about the small variety of accesories and staffs, it´s literally like Lord Ecramox the Almighty said, you don´t choose between staffs, you just change them because of the damage, but think atleast about the accesories, we use a melee accessory for whips, if we could have a special accessory for whips like the one i said, the pygmy glove, it could be useful for summoner

The main way you could give Summoner more love is by giving them more options. There are a lot more staffs now, but the majority of them are in different tiers. Instead of choosing between the Night's Edge and the Palladium Blade, you simply upgrade from Imp Staff to Spider Staff. You don't really end up mixing minions much because of that, and it's a shame. Summoner would have a lot more variety and strategy if that was true.

For example, let's say the Xeno staff and Spider staff were the same tier. You could have some spiders to slow down enemies and UFOs to shoot those enemies. Tiers don't have to be tiers simply in damage, but other stats too. In this example, I would probably make the Xeno staff do more damage then the spiders, but have very little knockback or fire rate.
There are actually a few instances where you either mix minons, or have different options with strength/weaknesses.
First example being the flinx and vampire frog, both of these minions a high atatck speed making them arguable the best pre hardmode minions, the problem is that they have static immunity meaning that any more than 2 or 3 will get thier hit rate capped. The solution, summon different minions. If you already got 3 flinxes, your 4th minion can be a vamp frog to take advantage of different immune slots.

another example would be spider vs. sanguine, although they have less damage spider minions have a higher attack speed meaning 1 spider has more dps than 1 bat. So in some situations where you can expect spiders to constantly be attacking (like plantera), you can actually get more dps swapping out up to 3 bats for spiders. Spider minions can also be resummoned to attack enemies on the other side of walls while, the sanguine bats refuse to attack anything that doesn't hae LoS with the player.

another example would be raven vs. sannguine, the raen stff has more damage, but the sanguine staff is able to keep up in some very fast fights the raven can't, sanguine can also hit multiple enemies if they're stacked on top of each other while raven is purely single target.

I will agree though that once you get the xeno staff there's really no reason to use any other minions until you get to the lunar events or kill enraged Empress.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom