Weapons & Equip Give the thrower class some love

Burst

Empress of Light
The thrower class.
An big problem for many throwing class players is, that they only can get to the end of pre-hardmode. No further. Why? The Throwing class seems to be an full class, so why we don't have items for it?

I will suggest some pre-hardmode throwing stuff, as well hardmode stuff up until the Golem!

POST-SKELETRON
The Obsidian Armor is now a throwing armor set, basically a great upgrade to the Fossil Armor. It provides good increase to throwing speed, damage and movement speed. It's set bonus is that it can sometimes stun enemys for a short time.
It doesn't work at bosses.

So, now you are in hardmode. That is stupid, because you know, there is no armor anymore.

Introducing...
Cobalt Headgear - 5 defense, as well 5% increased throwing speed and 10% increased throwing damage (Set bonus would be 20% more throwing damage)
Palladium Hat - 6 defense, 10% to not consume throwing items, 8% increased movement speed (Same set-bonus like the other helmets)
Mythril Mask - 8 defense, 5% more critical strike chance, 15% to not consume throwing items (Set-bonus would be more movement speed)
Orichalcum Hood - 9 defense, 16% increased throwing damage (Set bonus would be like the other helmets)
Adamantite Hat - 11 defense, 15% increased movement speed, 20% to not consume throwing items (Set-Bonus would be more throwing speed)
Titanium Hood - 12 defense, 20% increased throwing damage, 15% increased movement speed (Set-bonus would be still the same like other helmets)
and finally...
Hallowed Hat - 14 defense, 25% to not consume throwing items, 20% increased movement speed (Set bonus - More chance to not consume throwing items)

What will you do now? You don't have a weapon to go against those evil bosses, right?
You will now be able to upgrade Shurikens into more damage-dealing, Ichor/Cursed Flames inflicting Shurikens!

Also, you can craft the Hallowed Scythe, which is a throwable, non-consumeable throwing weapon, which does 70 throwing damage and can be upgraded later on with a certain material...

So.. you finally reached plantera. Before you do that, you want something. I think the next thing what you want, is an better armor, right? Chlorophyte would be your choice.
Chlorophyte Hood - 16 defense, 22% increased throwing damage (Set-bonus would be the same like other helmets)

Now... time for the "real" part of the suggestion. The post-plantera stuff.

You will get an new item in the... ice biome. It's called Frozen Matter. Combine it with Chlorophyte, and you will get Tundra Bars.

Tundra Headgear - 18 defense, 25% throwing damage, 30% chance to not consume throwing items
Tundra Breastplate - 22 defense, 25% increased movement speed, 20% increased throwing speedd
Tundra Leggings - 16 defense, 25% more throwing critical strike chance
Set-Bonus: A icy fire waves surrounds you, which basically is like a Inferno Potion, but with a special effect. When the wave is bright cyan, you can right click to release that wave, freezing any enemy on the screen and inflicting frostburn (doesn't work with bosses, of course.) It would have a 3 minute cooldown.

Also, do you remember the Hallowed Scythe? Well...
Deepfrozen Scythe - 80 throwing damage - inflicts frostburn. Made with a scythe, 10 Tundra Bars and one Core of the Deepfrozen (dropped by the Ice Golem post-Golem.) The awesome effect here, it doesn't just inflict frostburn, but your scythe has also a chance to burst into ice shards which deal extra damage.

Now, you are at the Celestial Event.
And beginning here, the Gravity will guide you.
Introducing the Gravity Pillar:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...-an-fifth-pillar-for-the-thrower-class.50558/

So, that's it!

Last edited:
333 for one bar is a little bit excessive, isn't it? Especially when you have gear that offers a chance not to consume a thrown weapon. Perhaps 33 would be more fitting. It's not like the ingots and bars are in short supply

Otherwise, I'm mostly liking what I see so far

333 for one bar is a little bit excessive, isn't it? Especially when you have gear that offers a chance not to consume a thrown weapon. Perhaps 33 would be more fitting. It's not like the ingots and bars are in short supply

Otherwise, I'm mostly liking what I see so far

Thank you very much!
I changed it!

The suggestion abuses "normal" thrown weapons, and there's just plain too little variety (Specially when compared with the current content, which gives 3 weapons at the current Throwing "endgame", due to Grenades remaining viable up to that point). On top of that, there's no point in bothering with the Chlorophyte Tomahawks when the Hallowed Scythe deals a similar amount of damage and cannot be used up.

Reactions: Bry
Back
Top Bottom