NPCs & Enemies Giving the Nurse a shop

Firearrow15

Skeletron
The Nurse is honestly kind of a useless NPC after Hardmode. The only real purpose for her is to heal up after dying. You can't use her for boss fights or invasions because she will die too fast, and you can't use her while exploring because she is always far away. This suggestion will give her an inventory that is useful enough to keep coming back.

Changes
- The Nurse will now sell Lesser health potions instead of the merchant.
- (Regular) health potions become available in Hardmode.
- Greater health potions become available after all mech bosses are defeated.
- The Nurse will now sell the Nurse vanity set instead of the Arms dealer.

Additions
- Medkit:
Consumable
Removes most debuffs
50 silver
Details: The Medkit is essentially a potion that removes all debuffs besides potion sickness, mana sickness, and tipsy. It also prevents you from receiving new debuffs for 5 seconds. It is not used when the buff hot key is pressed. The relatively high price compared to healing at the nurse is to offset its portability.

-IV bag:
Accessory
+10% Potion effectiveness and Duration
Tooltip: "Potions are much more effective when injected directly into the bloodstream", she says.
Details: Any numerical bonus given by a potion is boosted by 10%, including the duration. This does not reduce mana sickness or potion sickness. For example, a Lesser healing potion will heal 55 health instead of 50.

-Bloodstream charm:
Accessory
Boosts potion effectiveness and duration by 10%, increases health regeneration and reduces potion sickness by 15 Seconds.
Recipe: Charm of myths and IV bag at a Tinkerer's workbench.
Self- explanatory.

That's all I have for now. Feedback is always appreciated and all numbers and names can be changed. Feel free to suggest more things!

Last edited:
Potions are much more effective when injected directly into the bloodstream.

Didn't realize we were taking drugs in Terraria. I'm gonna have to go against this part of the accessory. Also, it's a tad bit OP, either nerf it or give it some kind of... setback/backfiring thing.

Typing on mobile, so sorry it got posted early.
Didn't realize we were taking drugs in Terraria. I'm gonna have to go against this part of the accessory. Also, it's a tad bit OP, either nerf it or give it some kind of... setback/backfiring thing.
The tooltip and name can be changed if people are concerned. What would you suggest to balance it? I might not have been clear, but something like a 10% damage boost would go to 11%, not 20%.

Typing on mobile, so sorry it got posted early.
The tooltip and name can be changed if people are concerned. What would you suggest to balance it? I might not have been clear, but something like a 10% damage boost would go to 11%, not 20%.

I'm just not sure though... hm... aw well. Anyway, blood stream things... wow...

I like the idea of giving the nurse a bit more use as an NPC, however the shop feels a bit dry, so why not a few more items? here's some general ideas that come to mind.

-Morphine: gives the player a temporary buff that increases the amount of time a player is invincible in between hits. the buff itself it will not stack with the cross necklace.

-monster virus: temporarily turns the player into a zombie, slowing their speed, but increasing their defense. other zombies will not directly attack the player. (only sold during blood moons)

-monster virus x: temporarily turns the player into a vampire, decreases defense, and lose health when in direct sunlight. however the player is given a natural flight that is equal to demon/angel wings, and stacks with any wings currently worn. all damage will have a chance to leach 10% of the damage dealt. (only sold during a solar eclipse)

Last edited:
Just make the greater healing potions post mech, it's not like you'll run out anytime soon after killing all 3 mechanical bosses. They aren't valuable enough to be post plantera to buy.

Details: The Medkit is essentially a potion that removes all debuffs besides potion sickness, mana sickness, and tipsy. It also prevents you from receiving new debuffs for 5 seconds. It is not used when the buff hot key is pressed. The relatively high price compared to healing at the nurse is to offset its portability.
That means, you can wear dev armor/wings without dying... which equals, superb op.

Just doesn't seem very pointful to buy several max stacks of Medkits just to use wings that you're not supposed to have and who cares if they do? People mod all the time.

Does this have to happen? The arms dealer sells the nurse clothes for a reason. If you don't know why see what he says when you right-click him.
It's just for consistency. Every other NPC with a vanity set besides the nurse sells their own, but the nurse doesn't because she has no shop.

As for dev armors, people will always find a way to have things they are not supposed to. That shouldn't be a point against this suggestion.

I thought it was because the arms dealer "had a date with the nurse in an hour." Otherwise the clothier would probably sell it.

It's just for consistency. Every other NPC with a vanity set besides the nurse sells their own, but the nurse doesn't because she has no shop.QUOTE]
I think part of the reason that the Arms Dealer sells it is because they had a date. She left her clothes there aftwerwards. Know what I mean? ;)
But you're right, she should probably sell her own set.

I think the nurse should have a shop or give quests! :D Making the nurse a quest giving npc would make her more useful!

Sprites! (support just an FYI)
upload_2015-2-5_9-38-23.png
Med-kit EDIT: update to Med-kit ^-^
upload_2015-2-5_14-27-53.png

upload_2015-2-5_9-43-58.png
IV bag (I know bad sprite...)
upload_2015-2-5_9-47-23.png
Blood charm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom