Biomes & Nature Glacial Ice

What weapons should be crafted with Glacial Ice?

• No weapons are needed; it has already fulfilled the role it needs to fulfill.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hold up a tick, the Frost Cores suggestion makes explicit mention of the possibility of using Glacial bars. o_O
If it's not purely Glacier Bars, something's wrong. I don't want to have to grind Ice Golems for something that is not worth grinding for.

I had an idea a while back about making the Frostbrand, Ice Bow, and Flower of Frost craftable with Glacial Bars, but... people like Ice Mimics too much. So the way I thought I could take that idea was this: Just one special addition (maybe an accessory) to the drop table of Ice Chest mimics and Shadow Chest mimics, along with the usual?

Unfortunately, that means Sz's Lihzahrd Mimics' drop table will also need to become craftable, and a new accessory added for them? Lots of changes that would have to entail, for sure. I dunno.

I had an idea a while back about making the Frostbrand, Ice Bow, and Flower of Frost craftable with Glacial Bars, but... people like Ice Mimics too much. So the way I thought I could take that idea was this: Just one special addition (maybe an accessory) to the drop table of Ice Chest mimics and Shadow Chest mimics, along with the usual?

Unfortunately, that means Sz's Lihzahrd Mimics' drop table will also need to become craftable, and a new accessory added for them? Lots of changes that would have to entail, for sure. I dunno.
But I would definitely like that! I always believed almost all Hardmode items should be crafted, that makes it more hard and more fun to get them! Not to mention no RNG!

Shouldn't there be some sort of message informing the player that the ore has spawned?

Like, I dunno, "The ice and snow have begun to shift," or "You hear a heavy rumble from deep inside the glacier."
"A cold wind begins to blow from the snow."?

!

I failed to give you one of these!

RXqBtvH.png

Scironex Seal of Approval

Last edited:
"You feel a heavy chill settle over the ice."
"You sense a cold presence deep under the snow."
"The river of ice has begun to flow once more." (A glacier is essentially a humongous frozen river, so yeah.)
"A way to forge ice into steel has appeared underground."
"You feel ripples emanating from the underground ice."
"Ice is settling deep underground."
"The glacier has returned to its path."
"You feel the air getting colder around... the ice biome."
"A chill shudders through the earth."

I'd like to see an expansion of frost tools as well, but they're already pretty covered by Ice Mimic drops, so maybe not.

What about arrows made of nanites? There's a nano bullet and a flask of nanites, but no "nano arrow." Same goes with golden bullets/flask of gold and party bullets/flask of party.

Also, if there's an entire new bar added to the game, shouldn't there be more things to craft rather than just armor and ammo? Since there's already a frost sword/bow/staff, maybe a craftable frost flail, spear, or accessory? There are not many craftable weapons/gear anyway, since most are just mob drops instead.

It should still grow in corrupted ice biomes. What a bother to keep it pure seriously. Unless you seriously increase it's growth rate compared to the chlorophyte. Besides that, cool stuff. Oh hey I made a thing. Sorry for the small necro. (rise my minions)

Back
Top Bottom