Weapons & Equip Gladiator armor should be fossil level throwing class armor

Agree?

• Total voters

NoSoap

Eye of Cthulhu
Considering how rare each piece of the gladiator armor drop, it felt like a missed opportunity really for a throwing class armor.
Did the dev overlooked this or decided against it due to reasons?
Must be weird to give it a major stat change now. It might self be just another vanity set. Why bother with the miniscule defence?

Naaaa, just because it's rare doesn't mean it should be stronger, take the ancient armour for example. If gladiator armour was as good as fossil armour, then not only would there be two armours that do basically the same thing but that would make the gladiator armour, a pre-hardmode armour set as strong as a hardmode armour set

Naaaa, just because it's rare doesn't mean it should be stronger, take the ancient armour for example. If gladiator armour was as good as fossil armour, then not only would there be two armours that do basically the same thing but that would make the gladiator armour, a pre-hardmode armour set as strong as a hardmode armour set
It needn't be the same stat as fossil armor. Make it slightly weaker or better than fossil armor. At least the ancient armor have almost, the same stats as its equivalent.

Yes but gladiator isn't the equivalent of fossil armour. Should it be a throwing class? Maybe, Pre-hardmode already has ninja armour so I don't really see why it would need another. If you make it slightly stronger than fossil armour my original point still stands: It's better than a hardmode armour set and you can get it in pre-hardmode

Yes but gladiator isn't the equivalent of fossil armour. Should it be a throwing class? Maybe, Pre-hardmode already has ninja armour so I don't really see why it would need another. If you make it slightly stronger than fossil armour my original point still stands: It's better than a hardmode armour set and you can get it in pre-hardmode
Totally forgotten bout the ninja set.. Utility wise, gladiator armor adds nothing but a rare vanity set unless you're farming for deadly hoplite instead of mining for iron. I'm just farting out a thought that gladiator armor could need a buff.

Fossil Armor is pre-hardmode already.

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks this. I was making a Thorium Mod / Terraria DND campaign and when I saw the gladiator set I got excited because I had never gotten it. I thought that because Hoplites drop Javelins which are SUPER good throwing weapons if you can get your hands on it, Gladiator Armor would be a great idea for throwing armor. Turns out that it was pathetic. I know that the throwing class is incomplete (and is going to be scrapped in 1.4) but it kinda disappointed me that Gladiator Armor is not throwing or even good. At the very least, it should give more defense in 1.4.

Back
Top Bottom