Items Gliders and a Moon Lord upgrade

Gaelon

Official Terrarian
Two more item suggestions from me (and perhaps images of them soon):
1) Gliders: A dedicated accessory slot, and a new type of accessory. While equipped, it can be summoned like a mount, but you can't walk while it's out. Jumping will let you glide a short distance in whatever direction you're facing, similar to the flying carpet, but not affected by time, only gravity. Landing with a glider gives no fall damage. The first glider will do little more than extend jumps, but late-game ones will be "lighter", with a tall enough jump allowing travel across a world (which by then is kind of a novelty, as this item would be).
2) A drop from the Moon Lord: A one-time consumable, based off of his core, which either gives another accessory shot, like the Demon Heart, or bumps up health.
Ideas on either (especially the gliders) are greatly appreciated.

Glider 1 03-21-2022 11-47-15.gif
Here's the first, shown in inventory and equipped. (I'm obviously not experienced at this.) I can't wait to make one based off the Arkhaylis. (The Ark Sailer)

I really like the glider ideas! *quietly adds glider sprites to my schedule for today*
If you make any, I'd love to see them! The ML thing would be cool, if a little modded, but I'd really like to see the gliders make it in. Someone else may have done it already, but after parity, this could be to mobile what golf is to desktop.

Here's a rough draft of the Ark Sailer.
Which one looks best?

Attachments

• Ark Sailer 1 03-22-2022 09-36-58 (1).gif
    Ark Sailer 1 03-22-2022 09-36-58 (1).gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Two more item suggestions from me (and perhaps images of them soon):
1) Gliders: A dedicated accessory slot, and a new type of accessory. While equipped, it can be summoned like a mount, but you can't walk while it's out. Jumping will let you glide a short distance in whatever direction you're facing, similar to the flying carpet, but not affected by time, only gravity. Landing with a glider gives no fall damage. The first glider will do little more than extend jumps, but late-game ones will be "lighter", with a tall enough jump allowing travel across a world (which by then is kind of a novelty, as this item would be).
2) A drop from the Moon Lord: A one-time consumable, based off of his core, which either gives another accessory shot, like the Demon Heart, or bumps up health.
Ideas on either (especially the gliders) are greatly appreciated.
I just had this same idea, but I think the glider would be a tad bit too OP for boss fighting or just complex to have multiple versions. I think a glider as an item, and just having it work like the modded Minecraft glider. Where you'd move incredibly fast horizontally but slow vertically. Effectively being an upgrade to the umbrella and also allowing for quick travel without the ability to use a weapon. Although it may still be sort of OP for summoners. Maybe they could need that help haha.

Back
Top Bottom