OOC Glitched world

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly why I’m applying pressure this time to hopefully get results. On June 26th I’m gonna start using captain in the Rp, or at least add him to my character pool.

Does nobody find this unfair to STNH other than me? The reason I’m fighting for this is because I’ve dealt with online exclusion, and it :red:ing hurts. Usually being online is an escape, but if your escape is suddenly filled with people who don’t care to allow you to be around them, people who you though were your friends, it hurts pretty deep.
You're trying to essentially join a group without permission from the owner.

What makes you think you'll get the results you want this time? Or any at all?

I mean, it's obvious there's no talking you out of what you're trying, but it's also clear that it's not working.
it’s a win win, it’s gonna mean I get to use a new character and have results, use a new character and don’t have results, or have results, and no new character.

You all think I’m heartless probably. How much thought have you given STNH in all this?

I don’t think I’m gonna drop the argument this time. I’m gonna aim for results or get banned whilst trying.

Maybe the fact that
Accepting him
would reward him for being a little :red:
and he'll do that same :red: over and over again, causing this exact problem every time.
Possibly STNH was prompting so much because they wanted to join the RP? What’s wrong with continual prompting, and the answer better not be that you find it annoying. What’s now been a month or two of total inactivity is what’s classified as annoying. If I recall, they mentioned it about 5 times over 2 weeks. Now there’s a difference between elemental being busy and needing a few days before updating stuff, and specifically ignoring someone out of spite towards them for an indefinite amount of time.

Possibly STNH was prompting so much because they wanted to join the RP? What’s wrong with continual prompting, and the answer better not be that you find it annoying. What’s now been a month or two of total inactivity is what’s classified as annoying. If I recall, they mentioned it about 5 times over 2 weeks. Now there’s a difference between elemental being busy and needing a few days before updating stuff, and specifically ignoring someone out of spite towards them for an indefinite amount of time.
STNH has been acting like a spoiled child about this, literally posting stuff like "JUST ACCEPT ME ALREADY", getting mad when Elemental did the right thing and ignored him (Like what happened to Winteria when they wanted to add Silver). Maybe, just maybe, if STNH stopped complaining, he would have been accepted.

STNH has been acting like a spoiled child about this, literally posting stuff like "JUST ACCEPT ME ALREADY", getting mad when Elemental did the right thing and ignored him (Like what happened to Winteria when they wanted to add Silver). Maybe, just maybe, if STNH stopped complaining, he would have been accepted.
immature people complain as a way of asking for something. It’s a plea really. Wanna know what one of the biggest issues in society is right now? Neglect. It leads to so many other problems, namely loneliness and a lack of self confidence, it makes you feel as if people don’t care, because they probably don’t. It hurts. STNH hasn’t been complaining for over a month last I checked… where’s elemental to accept?

Tell me, how is ignoring someone the right thing? Would you have the same argument if you were the one being ignored and neglected?

STNH kept asking because elemental wouldn’t give reasons to mean the character needed to be denied. He helped STNH modify the character and then proceeded to cease contact with them when STNH had made the needed modifications. What good has elemental’s ignoring done, tell me. What has it resolved?

Nothing. In fact this is getting progressively worse. There’s a simple fix, it’s called put on your big kid shoes, let someone who you (being elemental) dislike join the RP, and then give them a second chance, because all they wanted was a community to role play with, and you, Elemental, denied them of that.

If you’re reading any of this, which you probably are from time to time, then make a step to resolve this, please.

immature people complain as a way of asking for something. It’s a plea really. Wanna know what one of the biggest issues in society is right now? Neglect. It leads to so many other problems, namely loneliness and a lack of self confidence, it makes you feel as if people don’t care, because they probably don’t. It hurts. STNH hasn’t been complaining for over a month last I checked… where’s elemental to accept?

Tell me, how is ignoring someone the right thing? Would you have the same argument if you were the one being ignored and neglected?

STNH kept asking because elemental wouldn’t give reasons to mean the character needed to be denied. He helped STNH modify the character and then proceeded to cease contact with them when STNH had made the needed modifications. What good has elemental’s ignoring done, tell me. What has it resolved?

Nothing. In fact this is getting progressively worse. There’s a simple fix, it’s called put on your big kid shoes, let someone who you (being elemental) dislike join the RP, and then give them a second chance, because all they wanted was a community to role play with, and you, Elemental, denied them of that.

If you’re reading any of this, which you probably are from time to time, then make a step to resolve this, please.
Or people could just accept it and just let Elemental accept on their own terms. I am going to leave since I have to do something.

and he'll do that same :red: over and over again, causing this exact problem every time.
I don’t think I’m gonna drop the argument this time. I’m gonna aim for results or get banned whilst trying.

Sounds like this thread is getting too heated to the point where disrespectful behavior is happening.

Everyone needs to stop now.

To enforce this, the thread has been temporarily locked. The Forum staff is reviewing this thread and we will reopen when it is appropriate and have determined what posts need addressing.

Until then, avoid continuing the drama on profile posts and other areas of the Forum.

The thread has been re-opened. It looks like this RP been a bit abandoned by Elemental (which is fine, it happens), but explains why everyone else is at loose ends. Regarding the issue that looks to be what started some of the bickering here (Elemental not approving or rejecting an RP application), if Elemental has particular members on “Ignore”, that’s their prerogative (I don’t know if that’s the case or not). Yes, it would be less confusing if an answer was given, but I think at this point the lack of an answer is the answer itself. A member is not forced to have to interact with another member if they choose not to.

Regarding some of the posts made here…
Maybe the fact that
Accepting him
@Esther - calling another member these names is not okay here (little :red:, and a spoiled child). Each member should be able to come here and be a part of the community without worry that they’ll be personally attacked. If someone did this to you I would defend you just as well. It’s not okay. There’s no rule that members have to be friends with everyone, or like everyone, that’s not attainable, however there are rules that all members need to be treated with respect, and calling names is not part of that. Please keep this in mind going forward. If you need to put certain people on ”Ignore”, that’s a tool available to you and everyone.

I‘ll be asking Elemental if they want to close the RP, or if something else needs to be done. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me (or another staff member) here or in private conversations.

The thread has been re-opened. It looks like this RP been a bit abandoned by Elemental (which is fine, it happens), but explains why everyone else is at loose ends. Regarding the issue that looks to be what started some of the bickering here (Elemental not approving or rejecting an RP application), if Elemental has particular members on “Ignore”, that’s their prerogative (I don’t know if that’s the case or not). Yes, it would be less confusing if an answer was given, but I think at this point the lack of an answer is the answer itself. A member is not forced to have to interact with another member if they choose not to.

Regarding some of the posts made here…

@Esther calling another member these names is not okay here (little :red:, and a spoiled child). Each member should be able to come here and be a part of the community without worry that they’ll be personally attacked. If someone did this to you I would defend you just as well. It’s not okay. There’s no rule that members have to be friends with everyone, or like everyone, that’s not attainable, however there are rules that all members need to be treated with respect, and calling names is not part of that. Please keep this in mind going forward. If you need to put certain people on ”Ignore”, that’s a tool available to you and everyone.

I‘ll be asking Elemental if they want to close the RP, or if something else needs to be done. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me (or another staff member) here or in private conversations.
I do have a question, so you said in this post that “A member is not forced to interact with another member.” This is true, but then doesn’t that falsify your other statement that “each member should be able be able to come here and be part of the community”?

I mean, I don’t wanna touch on this too much, but STNH did try to be part of the community we have here, and got ignored basically. How is this community supposed to be inclusive if elemental can pick and choose who to let in based on unspecified reasons? Exclusivity isn’t really an open community.

I believe Unit was referring to the whole forums community.
And that is not dependent on a few individuals who might not want to interact with someone.
And you're leaving out a big part of the sentence. "...without worry that they'll be personally attacked."
I think the focus of the sentence is supposed to be a bit more on that part.

And while, yes, we do have a smaller community of our own here from the main forums community, I don't think these sub-communities or whatever one might want to call them can be treated entirely the same as the forums as a whole.

I do have a question, so you said in this post that “A member is not forced to interact with another member.” This is true, but then doesn’t that falsify your other statement that “each member should be able be able to come here and be part of the community”?

I mean, I don’t wanna touch on this too much, but STNH did try to be part of the community we have here, and got ignored basically. How is this community supposed to be inclusive if elemental can pick and choose who to let in based on unspecified reasons? Exclusivity isn’t really an open community.
This is a specific rp, it is Elementals choice to let people in and he isn’t forced to accept.

Well, but you left off the important part of my second sentence - without worry that they’ll be personally attacked. Also, the community is the forums as a whole. Each member should be able to come to the forums without worry that they’ll be called names.

The two sentences that you’re tying together are for two different things.

There is not going to be a rule that members must be friends with, must interact with, must get along with, or must include everyone. People have other people that they get along with, and some that they don’t get along with. We are not going to force them to interact with people that they don’t wish to. If they do interact with them, it must be respectful, yes. If they choose not to interact with them, the forum staff is not here to make them do so.

Well, but you left off the important part of my second sentence - without worry that they’ll be personally attacked. Also, the community is the forums as a whole. Each member should be able to come to the forums without worry that they’ll be called names.
While being called names is a personal attack, isn’t ignoring someone for an unspecified reason also in someway, a personal attack? STNH never got any answers on why they weren’t accepted and were just bluntly ignored. Isn’t that also a personal attack? I get elemental may just hate them for some reason, but at least they should have closure or reason as to why they were ignored.
The two sentences that you’re tying together are for two different things.

There is not going to be a rule that members must be friends with, must interact with, must get along with, or must include everyone.
I get that elemental doesn’t have to include STNH if he doesn’t want to, that makes sense, but what doesn’t make sense is how he didn’t tell them why they couldn’t be included. This is why I’m assuming STNH was getting so pissed, they were being ignored. Maybe getting some closure would’ve been nice.
People have other people that they get along with, and some that they don’t get along with. We are not going to force them to interact with people that they don’t wish to. If they do interact with them, it must be respectful, yes. If they choose not to interact with them, the forum staff is not here to make them do so.
But shouldn’t they then make it clear that they don’t want to interact with a said person? I’ll give an example. Esther and Ivyss (right…? It was either you or dragonwolf) had some tension here, and Ivyss simply used the ignore feature (or whatever it’s called) on Esther. They also said this and gave reasoning as to why they were doing it. If you don’t say if, or why you don’t want to be involved in communication with someone, then stuff like this happens.

While being called names is a personal attack, isn’t ignoring someone for an unspecified reason also in someway, a personal attack? STNH never got any answers on why they weren’t accepted and were just bluntly ignored. Isn’t that also a personal attack? I get elemental may just hate them for some reason, but at least they should have closure or reason as to why they were ignored.

I get that elemental doesn’t have to include STNH if he doesn’t want to, that makes sense, but what doesn’t make sense is how he didn’t tell them why they couldn’t be included. This is why I’m assuming STNH was getting so pissed, they were being ignored. Maybe getting some closure would’ve been nice.

But shouldn’t they then make it clear that they don’t want to interact with a said person? I’ll give an example. Esther and Ivyss (right…? It was either you or dragonwolf) had some tension here, and Ivyss simply used the ignore feature (or whatever it’s called) on Esther. They also said this and gave reasoning as to why they were doing it. If you don’t say if, or why you don’t want to be involved in communication with someone, then stuff like this happens.
From what I saw it seemed that STNH was harassing Elemental on some level, so of course Elemental wouldn't want to tell them.

From what I saw it seemed that STNH was harassing Elemental on some level, so of course Elemental wouldn't want to tell them.
Harassing? As in asking to join? That’s very bad harassment. Waiting for over a month to get in and being mad at said thing happening is a very logical reaction.

If you host an RP, or whatever other kind of community you want, no has to be an option, or you’ve gotta be fine with saying yes every time, there’s no in between. You can say yes or no, or you can always say yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom