Goblin invasion bug.

Discussion in 'PC Bug Reports' started by Sasha Drakovi, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Sasha Drakovi

Sasha Drakovi Steampunker

I appear to be experiencing a bug in Terraria with the goblin army. as they are spawning at the dungeon. o.o i thought they were only supposed to spawn at the spawn point of the world.

2. Sigma90

Sigma90 Brain of Cthulhu

When an invasion starts, a small group of enemies spawn at the edge of the world and travel to the world's centre. Think of an invisible vertical line that starts at the edge of the world and moves towards the world's centre. This line dictates where the invasion enemies will spawn. When it reaches the centre, you get the "X have arrived!" message. You might have intercepted this at the dungeon.

I've seen goblins spawn underwater in the ocean once because I happened to be there as an invasion started. :)

If the goblins are persistently spawning at the dungeon though, that's another matter.

3. Gotcha!

Gotcha! Pumpking

In case the goblins are camping at your dungeon, got any npc's living nearby? I might be wrong, but I think that might be the reason.

With the Martian invasion I noticed I could widen the area they spawn in by placing npc's more spread out and I figure the goblin invasion would function the same.

4. Sasha Drakovi

None at all. the only npc it could have been was the old man and i was pretty sure i had beaten skeletron, also this was after they had arrived at spawn. i also noticed that they were spawning from the area above the underground desert, Where my base was way below, to where the regular spawn is.

5. Gotcha!

Gotcha! Pumpking

The way I read this is that you had the old man living near the dungeon, thus creating an area for the Martians to spawn in.
    I also don't see a problem with them spawning at the underground desert, especially since your base was there (and presumably a bunch of npc's).
    Since invasions like to spawn near friendly npc's I don't see any bug here.

6. Sasha Drakovi

When i say old man i mean skeletron might not have been beaten yet. i had no houses there. but i was fairly certain i had defeated him. and that no one was living near there. I don't know if the old man and not the clothier would count. if it does then that explains that.