NPCs & Enemies Goblin King Boss Suggestion

Should the Goblin King be added?

• Total voters

Burg3rDud3

Terrarian
I think it would be cool if there was a Goblin King Boss that you could fight during the Goblin Army. It would spawn like King Slime during Slime Rain; once you kill enough goblins, the King would spawn. It could look like a large version of a goblin warrior or it could have its own look. It would have a big club and would try to smash you with it, and an attack where it would charge towards you and smash you. Maybe it would have a staff and it would stop and raise the staff it would spawn a new goblin like "goblin servant" or something that would heal it or boost its stats, or they would try to attack the player. These are some drops that it could have (it would have a trophy and drop coins and everything, they're just not listed here):
-Goblin King's Club - It would have decent damage (for that stage of the game when you would probably fight it) and it would be pretty big, but it would have slow speed.
-Goblin King's Staff - When you used it it would use up some mana and spawn a "goblin servant" that would boost your health or stats and/or fight for you
-Goblin King' Crown - Helmet or accessory that would give you pretty good defense and maybe give you +1 minion capacity or allow you to have an extra goblin servant if you have the Goblin King's Staff

Maybe you could combine the Club and Staff to make an item where when you left click it does the function of the Club (maybe with extra damage, speed, crit chance, or something) and when you right click it would do the function of the Staff (again, maybe with extra damage or something)

There could be a thing where once you kill the Goblin King you would unlock the Goblin Prince NPC who would give you quests to kill certain monsters or bring him certain rare items, like the Tracker NPC in Thorium Mod. Or you could hire him as a minion like the Weapons Master NPC in Thorium Mod. Then again, the Goblin Prince NPC might not be such a good idea since there's already the Goblin Tinkerer, so there would be two goblin NPCs.

It could be a miniboss type thing instead, like the Flying Dutchman, Mothron, etc. Or it could be a standalone boss that you fight by summoning it with an item near the edge of the world, not during the Goblin Army event. I feel like there should be more pre-harmode bosses, especially in between Skeletron and Wall of Flesh. The Goblin King could be a boss that you fight in between those. I think that the Goblin King shouldn't be crucial to the story, just an extra like Queen Bee.

Like I said above, more bosses should be between Brain of Cthulhu/Eater of Worlds and the Wall of Flesh, like another person (Huzbubber Tim)'s suggestion about the Kraken boss.

I would be really happy if this was added, even if none of these ideas were used except for just the concept of the Goblin King.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom