Goblin Tinkerer died he hasn't spawned in a house, is he permanently gone?

Once you've found him on that map, he'll return on his own after dying, as long as you have a house available. He'll be back, not to worry.

You need to start understanding that this game has a lot of randomness. When the goblin returns is another throw of the dice.
If you have an available home and have rescued the goblin before, he will return. You just have to wait until he does.

You need to start understanding that this game has a lot of randomness. When the goblin returns is another throw of the dice.
If you have an available home and have rescued the goblin before, he will return. You just have to wait until he does.
how do you 'rescue' the tinkerer?

Chances are that he might be bound underground again if he doesn't come home.
Are you sure? The map simply flags the goblin as rescued after you find and talk to him. As long as that flag is active, he should always return after dying, and you'd need to disable this flag in TEdit to make him disappear (since, as far as I know, the game will never do this).

Are you sure? The map simply flags the goblin as rescued after you find and talk to him. As long as that flag is active, he should always return after dying, and you'd need to disable this flag in TEdit to make him disappear (since, as far as I know, the game will never do this).
It's likely not the case, the world should've registered him as freed already.
But I can't think of an other valid reason why specifically the Tinkerer won't spawn.

But I can't think of an other valid reason why specifically the Tinkerer won't spawn.
NPCs won't spawn during a Solar Eclipse or invasion - though that's not something likely to persist for an extended period of time. Does rain block NPCs spawns? I don't think it does, but the Wiki isn't clear.

I don't think Rain blocks them either. Only an Eclipse or invasion will do that. The Pillars event might do that as well, but of that I'm unsure.

Back
Top Bottom