Goku Vs Superman (Yes, we're having this thread.)

Old thread, but I didn't see it before. Anyhow, there's no contest here, as with many other "vs" threads I've seen in many forums which tend to take "I like this guy more" as a valid argument. There was one thread which was quite like this, Lara Croft vs. Sailor Moon. Of course, Lara is "badass" so she'd win, said Lara's fans. Heh.

Anyhow, this thread. Let's see, we a guy who's a god not just by name but by in-universe qualifications, who could destroy a planet on a whim, is the third or fourth strongest being in his own universe (a universe where the second strongest being could destroy space and time if he fought for real,) and has been shown to be a rather good strategist despite the "idiot" he's seen as for what he does outside the battlefield...

Versus Superman. A dude in a spandex suit who moves at a speed Yamcha would consider slow, has a strength perhaps comparable to a SSJ2 Vegeta, and, as far as I know, couldn't just come back to kick an enemy's :red: while already dead like Goku can (see: Buu arc.)

Heck, if you take the current Goku from Dragon Ball Super, there's this thing where, if an enemy stronger than him beats him to a pulp, he'll heal right out of it (he healed back from a chest wound that may have pierced his heart, in about one minute,) and probably power up from the near-death experience (which is a thing with those crazy Saiya-jin guys.)

Superman vs. Goku: The superhero equivalent of a fly versus an eighteen wheeler.

Last edited:
Assuming Goku ever got knowledge of Kryptonite, he would win 100% due to his ability to use instant transmission.

Also, Goku could still use this ability (and the ability to go into the afterlife and come back from the dead) to hold out long enough to come back to the battle with the relevant knowledge to defeat him.

Superman has never been very smart, let's face it. Goku might not win the first battle, but he would definitely win in the end.

To that end, I think that almost all of the characters in DBZ could defeat Superman, quite easily...

All you have to do to beat him is have kryptonite or go to a planet without a yellow sun. DBZ characters almost all have space ships...
Yes, but the fact that Yamcha died to a Saibaman (regardless of the fact that he has gotten stronger since) just... nah.
Besides, Superman could probably catch the spaceship before it arrived at whatever planet. I don't know much about Superman, but I can safely say that *most* of the Z Fighters could destroy him. Hell, Krillin only needs a Solar Flare + Destructo Disk combo.

(What on Earth am I reading...? )

I'm not saying which side would win. It would depend on the versions of the combatants and luck. Anyway, I wanted to give more love to Superman so I decided to post two feats of him. Pre-Crisis Superman is really powerful and Superman from the first movie is rather hax.

3096611-2203100027-60936.jpg

The movie ending is a deus ex machina. This tells more than enough about the battle. Both Superman and Goku have enormous plot armors. No matter what happens, they will survive in the end and give bad guys broken teeth. For these reason, it is hard to say what would happen if they ever fought against each others. In my opinion, Goku appears to have more area of effect damage/attacks in general but Superman has many abilities which may deal with Goku's area of effect advantage.

Anything can happen... I guess?

Last edited:
Assuming Goku ever got knowledge of Kryptonite, he would win 100% due to his ability to use instant transmission.

Also, Goku could still use this ability (and the ability to go into the afterlife and come back from the dead) to hold out long enough to come back to the battle with the relevant knowledge to defeat him.

Superman has never been very smart, let's face it. Goku might not win the first battle, but he would definitely win in the end.

To that end, I think that almost all of the characters in DBZ could defeat Superman, quite easily...
Erm... Doesnt King Kai`s planet has 3 red suns?! Plus, Goku has instant transmission, which could teleport Supes to Kai`s planet. If Goku was going to fight him directly, they Vegeta can use the potara rings to form Vegito. If you dont know who he is, he is a fusion of Vegeta and Goku. At SS1 form, they were shredding Buu. Imagine if they went to SSJG... With the blue hair. Yikes.........

Superman, because he'd get so many free hits while Goku's just standing there yelling his head off and looking constipated.

Superman occasionally has to resort to fisticuffs against less-than-divine beings, even in his more overpowered iterations. Thus he at least needs a certain state of mind to adjust to certain powerful adversaries. He has limited formal martial arts training, one primary ranged attack with limited utility and unclear degree of power, and wears a cape. Goku, however, has to do a procedure to increase his power to whatever his max is, requires a terrestrial environment to survive (apparently), and eventually runs out of stamina. Ignoring paradigm-changing effects from magic-like abilities (e.g. instant transmission) or other special conditions (kryptonite, red sun, no breathable atmosphere, etc.), and assuming we're matching either character against comparably-powerful instances of their respective iterations, the only relevant factors come down to timing (for Goku to be powered up sufficiently) and fight duration (for Goku to have sufficient stamina). If Superman gets the drop on Goku, it's likely he will simply overpower him, therefore. If not, Goku, as a martial artist from an actual warrior race, would likely outclass superman martially, and the stamina issue would never get to factor in.

In other words, in an honorable fight, Goku wins. Otherwise, it depends on circumstances.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom