Gold fish Statues are OP. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khaelis

Plantera
Found one of these buggers about 15 minutes into creating this world and about two hours ago, I thought,

"I could totally abuse this."

This is the result:

I now have 3 platinum coins and I've yet to even explore an inch of the Jungle.

OP. Please don't nerf.

2015-07-15_00001.jpg

Found one of these buggers about 15 minutes into creating this world and about two hours ago, I thought,

This is the result:

OP. Please don't nerf.

View attachment 63418
How long did it take to get that many goldfish o_O
[DOUBLEPOST=1436999944,1436999910][/DOUBLEPOST]Also side note, how do you get Clothier's clothes?

How long did it take to get that many goldfish o_O
[DOUBLEPOST=1436999944,1436999910][/DOUBLEPOST]Also side note, how do you get Clothier's clothes?

Two hours on and off.

Change your clock to Halloween season, Clothier will sell them. Had them in a chest in my other world so I grabbed them to wear.

This is the result:

OP. Please don't nerf.

View attachment 63418
I play mobile so AFKing is hard -_- I just farm mech bosses, 60 gold for 5 iron.

Hm. Haven't explored an inch of the jungle...fiberglass fishing pole...Suspicious...
That said, where did you farm this veritable legion of goldfish without access to a wrench? You must have gotten lucky with wire placement because most cabin traps are not optimized for that kind of farming.

@Xakk the dungeon is always on the opposite side of the jungle so technically you could do this all before exploring the jungle, I do admit the fiberglass fishing pole is suspicious and all but this is still viable for pre-hardmode afk farming.

Hm. Haven't explored an inch of the jungle...fiberglass fishing pole...Suspicious...
That said, where did you farm this veritable legion of goldfish without access to a wrench? You must have gotten lucky with wire placement because most cabin traps are not optimized for that kind of farming.

I made this thing much later in the day...

He's making a joke, no doubt in light of the recent succession of Moon Lord buffs and exploit nerfs.

What I'd really like to know is whether there's a faster way to make platinum than Pumpkin Moon. You can easily pull in 40+ platinum in one night without even having an arena now thanks to the endgame gear, and you can also use autopause to quickly store extra loot in underground chests mid-battle so that none of it despawns.

I have far more platinum than I'll ever need, but it's nice to push things to the limit.

What I'd really like to know is whether there's a faster way to make platinum than Pumpkin Moon. You can easily pull in 40+ platinum in one night without even having an arena now thanks to the endgame gear, and you can also use autopause to quickly store extra loot in underground chests mid-battle so that none of it despawns.

I have far more platinum than I'll ever need, but it's nice to push things to the limit.

Honestly, I could probably figure something out but I'm incredibly lazy right now so someone else can do it. :dryadnaughty:

Funny, they were actually far more OP before statues were nerfed in 1.3. Of course, back then I couldn't sell them for 7.5 silver, Instead I made them into hundreds of goldfish bowls, and each one sold for 20 silver :p

Funny, they were actually far more OP before statues were nerfed in 1.3. Of course, back then I couldn't sell them for 7.5 silver, Instead I made them into hundreds of goldfish bowls, and each one sold for 20 silver :p

They were only nerfed to the extent where you couldn't get banners from them anymore. They still drop items and such, depending on the enemy spawned.

I was doing this in 1.3.0.3/4 or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom