Gold fish Statues are OP. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were only nerfed to the extent where you couldn't get banners from them anymore. They still drop items and such, depending on the enemy spawned.

I was doing this in 1.3.0.3/4 or something?
I believe they've been made a lot slower as well. though... that might have been because of the set-up that I was using.

I play mobile so AFKing is hard -_- I just farm mech bosses, 60 gold for 5 iron.

Don't you also have to use souls of light/night because if you don't I swear to god.
Also fun fact: Hallowed bars sell for as much as Crimantite/demonite bars, mech bosses only good for selling the souls.

The way I like to raise money is killing EoC/BoC/EoW, crimtane/demonite sell for a ton!

It's probably not as fast as goldfish statues but it sure is a lot more fun than standing there swinging a net for hours.

Funny, they were actually far more OP before statues were nerfed in 1.3. Of course, back then I couldn't sell them for 7.5 silver, Instead I made them into hundreds of goldfish bowls, and each one sold for 20 silver :p

They were only nerfed to the extent where you couldn't get banners from them anymore. They still drop items and such, depending on the enemy spawned.

I was doing this in 1.3.0.3/4 or something?

@MegaMage314 is talking about the spawn rate nerf...back 1.2.4 you could totally abuse and override the spawn rate generation cap from statues, making a NPC hoik activation system was better than the bird statue system in terms of activation, but now it doesn't work as it did in 1.2.4 because they fixed the spawn rate from statues

@MegaMage314 is talking about the spawn rate nerf...back 1.2.4 you could totally abuse and override the spawn rate generation cap from statues, making a NPC hoik activation system was better than the bird statue system in terms of activation, but now it doesn't work as it did in 1.2.4 because they fixed the spawn rate from statues

Eh, regardless you just need to set up a bunny and fish statue onto a bird engine then hold a key down and just AFK for an hour and you get free cash for it. XD

Eh, regardless you just need to set up a bunny and fish statue onto a bird engine then hold a key down and just AFK for an hour and you get free cash for it. XD

yeah, there's a lot of gold fish farms, I haven't tried it, because I stuck with the lucky coin farm in an ocean farm, but it seems the gold fish farm is better now in 1.3, basically because I don't see gold coins dropped with lucky coin anymore, not sure though

yeah, there's a lot of gold fish farms, I haven't tried it, because I stuck with the lucky coin farm in an ocean farm, but it seems the gold fish farm is better now in 1.3, basically because I don't see gold coins dropped with lucky coin anymore, not sure though

I've had Gold coins drop via lucky coin. They just seem to be less frequent now.

Farming mobs in Expert mode also rewards a bunch of money, I started a fresh playthrough and before I knew it I can 5 plat just sitting around in chests... Not sure what I was doing but I was doing something right without putting any effort into "Farming"

Then again I really don't need money anymore spread over my 3 mains I have around 3k plat, with about 10k in my chests on storage world.

Well, the world this thread was created for isn't a thing anymore, but I do have a new world for my Gun only playthrough (this thread was created on my Sword only playthrough, which has since been completed).

Capture 2015-07-22 22_34_54.png

To say the least, I am incredibly lucky when it comes to finding statues..

Shark Statue for Hunter Potions, check.
Bunny, Fish and Bird Statue, check.
Glowing Mushroom Farm that has produced 2000 Glowing Mushrooms so far, check.

This world still isn't in HM yet, although I am at the Underworld Biome now.

hmm does the infinite goldfish using a statue during rain still occur? Or was it fixed? If not thats even faster money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom