Items Golden Carp should be Cookable into Golden Delight.

VinTJ

Terrarian
Title.

Simply because:

Golden Critters' (before Journey's End) sole purpose was to be sold for 10 Gold. Golden Carp was a fish that also had the sole purpose of being sold for 10 Gold. Both are rare (or atleast, deemed just as rare as the other, since both the sell prices are the same. Otherwise, Golden Carp should sell for less).

Now, after Journey's End, Golden Critters can be cooked into Golden Delight. By that logic, Golden Carp should also be cook-able into Golden Delight, seeing as other Golden CreaturesCritters are given an update. As it turns out, I was not able to cook Golden Carps into Golden Delight.

Second reason I am proposing this is because fishes are, (and has always been for a long time) sources of food (except the super useful ones for potions). Since Golden Carp is a fish, it just makes sense to make it cook-able.

I suggested this someplace else (discord/steam discussions) and someone did bring up a counter point : "With good fishing power, Golden Carp is very easy to obtain! Compared to other Golden Critters!!!"

and to that I say;
1. Maybe Golden Carp could be re-coded so that the 1/150 chance is not affected by fishing power no matter what? with a separate chance counter?
2. Maybe Golden Carp could be cook-able into another food just as good, but with half the duration?
3. Maybe Golden Carp could... just be implemented the way I want it anyways?? because, remember how it was before the update... both were sold for 10 gold.

And with that, I rest my case. #JusticeForCarp

oh? this was confirmed to be impossible? was it on discord??

thanks but also anyways now my dreams are broken. rip.

if they bring steam workshop support for terraria mod, I'll wait for the day someone put this in as a mod... oh well.

Back
Top Bottom