Votes: 6 30.0%
  • An infinite bait with lower fishing power

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • I'm against this on principle

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

652Graystripe

Plantera
Doing Angler quests for a living is hard work, and eventually I'd say you've earned your peace: no more bait management needed.

On your 25th quest completed, he'll give you this:

Golden_Fishing_Line.png
Golden Fishing Line
Accessory
Prevents all bait consumption

This is essentially a way to cut down on meaningless management tasks as you get further into the game.

An alternate solution, if you want it, would be a certain piece of bait that's never consumed, but has a low fishing power - say, 10%. That would serve to make bait management a thing you could do, but I really feel like it's not such a powerful thing to have infinite bait.

So the chance exist that this is obtained before the tackle bag?

I don't know, I've never ran out of fireflies if you're paying attention on the nights, or Angler baits as long as you're doing the fishing quests too. So a lack of bait was not an issue to me.

I have literally thousands of fireflies and worms... This wouldn't serve much purpose to me personally. I also think it would make fishing simply too easy.

I don't think an infinite bait idea is OP. Worms are very easy to obtain; Sluggy and Buggy even more so. A good night can lead to catching hundreds of Lightning Bugs. Even without bait, with the right sized fishing pool (easy to make) and a Golden Rod, you are guaranteed not to catch trash. (Not factoring the weather / time of day.)

Rather than a "Golden Fishing Line" preventing bait consumption, I feel that something like a "Golden Lure" might be better. The Golden Lure could provide a flat X% (decide on value of X) fishing power and be infinitely reusable. Better lures might provide more fishing power - a Wooden Lure might be 5% with tiers up to a Luminite Lure being 50%. Just bouncing alternative ideas. :)

Consumptionless cmon container?
Countless Chum Container?

Legless Lego Legolas?

I actually like the idea a lot. In a form of Golden Fishing Line, so endless bait of any kind. Just give it much much later, 25 quests is too early.

Unfetchable fish fisher?

It’s a really cool idea but I also think that it is given too early. Maybe make it Hardmode exclusive. Because then you don’t NEED fishing quest rewards as much.

Eventually you get more bait (journeyman/master) from crates and quests than you spend, once your fishing power is high enough.

Also you can stock pile quest fish in storage to save A LOT of time (you can catch several a day so long as one's not in your main inventory).

So I don't think infinite bait is necessary. Maybe an accessory that increases the odds of a rare of the catch in exchange for slightly higher bait consumption (we have some for power already). Maybe a special potion that reduces bait consumption by 15% to help with early fishing?

Last edited:
Unfetchable fish fisher?

It’s a really cool idea but I also think that it is given too early. Maybe make it Hardmode exclusive. Because then you don’t NEED fishing quest rewards as much.
Kind of hard to work with Angler quest rewards since most of them are independent of game progression - I chose to make it 25 quests because heck, you've been interacting with the Angler enough by then.

Eventually you get more bait (journeyman/master) from crates and quests than you spend, once your fishing power is high enough.

Also you can stock pile quest fish in storage to save A LOT of time (you can catch several a day so long as one's not in your main inventory).

So I don't think infinite bait is necessary. Maybe an accessory that increases the odds of a rare of the catch in exchange for slightly higher bait consumption (we have some for power already). Maybe a special potion that reduces bait consumption by 15% to help with early fishing?
I definitely like the potion idea, that's something that could be nice for just about everyone.

I also use the extra quest fish trick, but given that it's not exactly intuitive and a little cheesy, I don't want to assume that everyone knows about/uses it. As for bait, I've found that since 1.4 I have a lot less in storage thanks to the increased bait consumption - but the majority is expended while fishing for potion ingredients rather than quest fish. I'm on the fence about whether I would use this, really.

Back
Top Bottom