NPCs & Enemies Golden skeleton boss idea

Do you think this should be in terraria?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

ICQU

Terrarian
The golden skeleton can spawn by finding a skeleton underground glowing yellow. Kill that skeleton and you will be left with a message “you see something shining in the distance” then 1 minute later the boss will spawn. It will shoot ichor if there is the crimson and a golden bullet if there is the corruption. It shoots the ichor/gold bullet 1 per 30 seconds and when it’s at half health 5 per 2 seconds. The golden skeleton is as big as the golem. The boss has 200000 hp and 5000 defense. And when touching the player it can deal 100 damage to the player if the player wishes to be in contact with the boss. And apon defeating the boss, you are left with a golden skull, mask, trophy. If you equip the golden skull then you will be able to have 1 any type of golden item every one ingame day. If you get a gold coin the amount will be 50. If you get gold bar then the amount is 63. The golden skeleton can only be spawned in Hardmode. Note: it will always drop the golden skull. Also note: a medorite should of landed for you to start the battle.

I have balancing concerns, but it's a cool idea.

My only concerns are, first of all, the massive health pool... That health pool is just under Expert Mode Moon Lord's health pool, but if this is intended to be a end game boss fight, then it would make sense. The defense is way too high though... Moon Lord's defense to his hands, head, and core are 40, 50, and 70 respectively, and that's already pretty high already. Plus, the damage this thing can put out is really high. At the current rate, that's 4 hits (5 with full life fruit) which sounds about right for Expert mode but not Normal. So actually come to think of it, if these were the stats for the Expert mode version, then maybe with some small tweaks and knock that defense to 40-60, it sounds about right.

It would be really cool to see some golden weapons drop from him too, and I like the idea of the golden skull but I'm afraid it might be redundant. The Lucky Coin already increases coin drops by quite a bit, but I suppose no one is arguing against a more powerful version, but then the drop rate of the golden skull becomes a concern sense the Lucky Coin is already very rare. But that's just in the details. I was thinking maybe a "Mida's Touch" to attacks or on contact where when you attack something or get hit by an enemy melee attack it has a mild chance of turning them solid gold for a few seconds. Idk, just an idea.

This is a really cool idea though, and I love the idea of it dropping some nice moola when it dies. I am curious if it would have it's own unique sprite or not, or just a shiny gold recolour of skeletron, either way that's cool. I'm also curious why the meteorite has to land first. Like, is that just to keep it at a certain point in progression, or does it have some abilities related to space and/or meteors? Just curious :)

But yeah, I like it, cool stuff :D

200000 hp and 5000 defense
Yeah, I'd rather find something else to waste my time on.

Being serious here, that health and defense is way too high, even for late hardmode. For balancing purposes, lower it according to the position of hardmode you are intended to fight it in. (Which you didn't specify.)

Even then, a random enemy that spawns in the underground shouldn't be the vector used to summon a boss. Let's stick with more consistent ways of summoning bosses, like an item or a stationary object.

What does a golden object do? Does it increase the stats of the item? Why should I take the time to obtain an item like this?

Please flesh out this suggestion more, including more details and reasoning for each for each of the things you suggested. Honestly, just a giant golden skeleton doesn't seem all that interesting, considering we already have two bosses that are skulls.

Even then, a random enemy that spawns in the underground shouldn't be the vector used to summon a boss. Let's stick with more consistent ways of summoning bosses, like an item or a stationary object.

Yeah why would anyone suggest a boss summon mechanic where you have to farm underground for a certain creature then kill/fish with that creature to summon a boss? Juat crazy, right? Who would ever do such a thing?!

Yeah why would anyone suggest a boss summon mechanic where you have to farm underground for a certain creature then kill/fish with that creature to summon a boss? Juat crazy, right? Who would ever do such a thing?!
I should have been more specific with the consistency part. Sure, Truffle Worms move around a lot, but you can catch it and save it for later. It doesn't force you to fight Duke Fishron as soon as you catch it, does it? It allows you to prepare by building an arena and summoning the boss at a proper area. Killing an enemy and forcing a spawn on the boss doesn't.

I have two questions:
  • What stage of the game does the skeleton spawn? If it's pre-hardmode, then 50 gold coins is a bit overpowered.
  • What will it it look like? Like Skeletron, or just a huge skeleton?
Post Plantera hardmode

In the shape of a enemy skeleton except it’s about 5 times as big

Back
Top Bottom