tModLoader goldenapple's Mods Updated

Zerokk

Official Terrarian
kdcROYP.png

Introduction

Hello, everyone! I present to you mods made by my friend - goldenapple.
Due to personal circumstances, he can no longer maintain his Terraria mods, so he passed them over to me. That's why I created this thread. Over time, I will update them to new versions of tModLoader and probably add new content.

kdcROYP.png

goldenapple's Mods List

A small mod that changes some stats of a few vanilla things: armor, weapons, tools, tiles and so on.
Vanilla Tweaks TCF
Mod Browser (latest version): link
GitHub (all versions): link

A mod full of content without any particular theme. Not a huge mod, but it does have some fun and useful items.
Miscellania TCF

Allows simple wireless connections between mechanisms.
Wireless TCF

Allows you to have Expert Mode AI for Normal Mode bosses, change the game mode, get Treasure Bags and the Demon Heart in Normal Mode.
Boss Expertise TCF

Mod that makes all weapons auto-swing/auto-shoot.
Omniswing TCF

Shows which mod the item comes from. Press "?" to show info for blocks and NPCs.
WMITF TCF

Simplifies dye recipes. 1 dye ingredient now gives you 3 dyes. Combining dyes (like Black and Silver) gives you proper results (in this case, 2 Black and White Dyes, as there are 2 components).
Dye Easy TCF

Adds Longbows - non-mechanical counterparts to Repeaters. Their stats are slightly different.
Longbows FTW TCF

kdcROYP.png

Other

Enabling and disabling optional features:
There are two ways of doing this. You can either edit the mod's options file or install Flashkirby's Mod Settings Configurator to select features in-game.

Here's a step-by-step guide:
  1. Download the mod and launch the game at least once.
  2. Find the Terraria save folder (on Windows it's My Documents/My Games/Terraria).
  3. Go to Terraria/ModLoader/Mod Configs/. Inside, you should see a file called <mod name>.json (in our example, it's Boss Expertise.json).
  4. Open it with any text editor such as Notepad.
  5. The file should look like this:
    Code:
    {
      "DropTreasureBagsInNormal": false,
      "DemonHeartWorksInNormal": false,
      "ChangeBossAI": true,
      "AddCheatSheetButton": true,
      "AddExpertCommand": true
    }
  6. Change the value that you need to either "false" (to disable the feature) or "true" (to enable it). If it's a numerical value, just enter any number you want.
  7. Either re-launch the game or go to Terraria's Main Menu -> Mods -> Reload Mods.

Some changes in future.
Added new button icon.

Credits
Uncle_Slime for the Ancient Forges/Hellforges idea
Pop000100 for helping with Mod Settings Configurator and a few other things
Hulvdan for providing me the Extractinator speed up code
Yalgrin for updating WMITF
Flashkirby for creating Mod Settings Configurator

Have a nice day!

goldenapple closed his posts, so I created this thread.

Last edited:
Suggestion for Vanilla Tweaks: Swap the fishing power of the Sitting Duck Fishing Pole (FP 40, only requires a bit of gold and some luck with the Traveling Merchant) and the Mechanic's Rod (FP 30, sold by the mechanic during hardmode during a waning crescent Moon). Maybe make the mechanic always sell her rod during hardmode, as anyone who doesn't use the wiki extensively is unlikely to know she sells it unless they get lucky.

For the love of all that's holy PLEASE nerf the Rockfish and Reaver Shark.

Suggestion/request for "Where's my items?": expanding the search function for inventory & open storage, making a searched-for item sparkle. I have a neurological issue which makes it difficult for me to find things visually when there are that many things to look through.

Suggestion for Helpful Hotkeys: Add hotkeys to enable/disable the Ruler (incl. Grand Design ruler function), Mechanical Ruler, Paint Sprayer, and the Force Mechanical Display function of the Grand Design & Mechanical Lens. Maybe for things like time display (watch/gps/pda/cell phone) as well.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the miscellania sprite overhaul, other than some of the sprites, that mod is very nice. Its a shame goldenapple had to disband them, but I can imagine you will do a good job!

Suggestion for Vanilla Tweaks: Swap the fishing power of the Sitting Duck Fishing Pole (FP 40, only requires a bit of gold and some luck with the Traveling Merchant) and the Mechanic's Rod (FP 30, sold by the mechanic during hardmode during a waning crescent Moon). Maybe make the mechanic always sell her rod during hardmode, as anyone who doesn't use the wiki extensively is unlikely to know she sells it unless they get lucky.

For the love of all that's holy PLEASE nerf the Rockfish and Reaver Shark.

Suggestion/request for "Where's my items?": expanding the search function for inventory & open storage, making a searched-for item sparkle. I have a neurological issue which makes it difficult for me to find things visually when there are that many things to look through.

Suggestion for Helpful Hotkeys: Add hotkeys to enable/disable the Ruler (incl. Grand Design ruler function), Mechanical Ruler, Paint Sprayer, and the Force Mechanical Display function of the Grand Design & Mechanical Lens. Maybe for things like time display (watch/gps/pda/cell phone) as well.
Naisu.

Helpful Hotkeys was never my mod, haha. Ask jopojelly about that.

I don't like the "changing sandstone bricks/slabs to sand bricks/slabs" thing (and for some reason mod setting configator doesn't work for me, but regardless I don't think that change should be there). Artificial stone made from sand is a thing; if anything I would just make it so sandstone can be used to craft the bricks/slabs.

Hey is Boss Expertise compatible with Thorium yet? I see the thread on Thorium advises against using Boss Expertise and was wondering if the situation is still the same.

in bossexpertise i was thinking making the mod drop treasure bags in normal mode on my private server but i dont know how to enable it in the server config is there a config file to change configs for servers in tmodloader ? thanks before-hand

in bossexpertise i was thinking making the mod drop treasure bags in normal mode on my private server but i dont know how to enable it in the server config is there a config file to change configs for servers in tmodloader ? thanks before-hand
What? TModLoader Configs?

Some options (ones requiring mod reload) are darker blue in the configator dialog & clicking them does nothing; I had to edit the .json manually. Is this intended?

[Edit:] I edited the .json, restarted the game, reloaded the mods, but my changes don't appear to have been implemented. (Tested by checking the name of sandstone bricks in the crafting menu; I changed "true" to "false" in the .json and verified that it stayed that way.)

My config.json:
{
"GladiatorArmorTweak": true,
"ObsidianArmorTweak": true,
"MeteorArmorDefenseTweak": true,
"MeteorArmorDamageTweak": true,
"EskimoArmorTweak": true,
"RainArmorTweak": true,
"PharaohSetTweak": true,
"VikingHelmetTweak": true,
"CactusArmorTweak": true,
"HammerTweaks": true,