Items Golemites, and more uses for souls

The__Bird

Golem
Don't tell me you haven't started hard mode for the very first time, and was disappointed by the few uses for souls. The boss souls at-least. I mean their SOULS. Sure, you can craft cool stuff out of them, but the souls THEMSELVES don't have much of a use. This got me thinking, what if there WHERE (Oh my god stop caps lock failing) more uses for them?

New souls

Soul of life
-5% chance to drop (1) from all living enemies (Not things like zombies or headless horsemen) Only in hardmode

The soul of life can be crafted into several new items, which are listed below in their wonderful sprite free form

Automation soul
-Crafted at a mythril anvil with 1 soul of life, 2 souls of sight, 1 soul of might, 4 copper, and 4 iron
-Can be used to automate things (Will explain latter)

Automation core
-Crafted at a mythril anvil with 1 soul of life, 1 Automation soul, 2 souls of sight, 4 souls of might, 4 copper, 4 iron, 4 gold, and 1 ectoplasm
-Can be used to automate more complex beings (Again, will explain latter)

Here are some more souls, and their crafting uses

Soul of distortion
-50% drop (1) from chaos elementals

Chaos pearl
-Crafted at an Alchemy station (New item in 1.3 update) with 10 souls of distortion, 1 battle potion, and 2 crystal shards
-Consumable. Skyrockets mob spawn rate for 10 seconds

Soul vessel
-Crafted at a mythril anvil with 50 souls of night, 50 souls of light, 5 souls of distortion, 99 souls of fright, 9 cursed flame, and 30 ectoplasm
-Used to trap mob souls and do what you want with them (Will explain latter)

Soul of ozone
-Dropped by Angry nimbus (5) 100%, a 10% chance from every enemy if it's raining, and hardmode

Flood staff
-Crafted at a mythril anvil with 1 water bottle, 20 souls of ozone, and 30 sapphire
-Magic weapon (Will explain later)

Drought staff
-Crafted at a mythril anvil with 10 sand, 20 souls of ozone, and 30 topaz

Blizzard staff
-Crafted at a mthril anvil with 1 frost core, 20 souls of ozone, and 20 sapphire

Rain on demand
-Crafted at a crafting table with 50 souls of ozone
-Consumable. Has a 50% chance of making it rain when used, a 49% chance of spawning a hardmode boss, and 1% chance of autokilling you

Thunder in a bottle
-Crafted at a mythril anvil with 1 cloud in a bottle, 10 souls of ozone, and 1 soul of fright
-Allows an explosive triple jump (Will explain later)

Soul of hope
-Dropped by skeletron prime (1) 1%, and all enemies in hardmode 0.1% (1)

Magic banner
-Crafted at a mythril anvil with 25 souls of hope, 5 souls of might, 50 silk, and 5 pearlwood
-When placed, gives all within a certain radius a buff

Soul of the omniscient
-Dropped by the upcoming lunar boss 5% (1-2)

Death note
Crafted at a mythril anvil with 3 souls of the omniscient, 1 water bolt, 400 souls of night, 1 magical harp, 1 beetle husk, and 5 black fairy dust

Atlas's burden
Crafted at a mythril anvil with 3 souls of the omniscient, 9 souls of night, 9 souls of light, 100 cloud blocks, and 5 ectoplasm
-Accessory (Will explain right about now)

More souls will be added to the list as I think of them. Now lets get into some of the weapons/accessories stated above

New weapons and accessories

Flood staff
Type: Weapon
Damage: 60
Knockback: 8
Mana: 20
Velocity: 5
Rarity: Red
Use time: 41
Tooltip: Summons a small flood of water
My summery: This weapon summons a small, slow wave of water that does continuous damage to enemies. It disappears after half a minute

Drought staff
Damage: 52
Knockback: 0
Mana: 15
Velocity: 10
Rarity: Red
Use time: 30
Tooltip: Summons a field of heat
My summery: This weapon summons a bubble of heat surrounding where clicked, and does continuous damage to enemies. It disappears after a minute

Blizzard staff
Damage: 82
Knockback: 1
Mana: 35
Velocity: 10
Rarity: Pink
Use time: 100
Tooltip: Generates a small blizzard
My summery: This weapon creates a large (20*50) blizzard that damages all enemies inside periodically. It goes away after ten seconds

Death note
Damage: 5-350
Knockback: 1-9
Mana: 50
Velocity: 1-45
Rarity: Yellow
Use time: 34
Tooltip: Every off tune note you ever heard in your life
My summery: This weapon is like a gamble. It could either be swift and effective, or slow and useless. The cost is high, and the risk is high, but the damage can also be deadly.

Atlas's burden
Type: Accessory
Defense: 20
Rarity: Yellow
Tooltip: Increases knockback and defense, but lowers movement speed greatly
My summery: None really. Kinda self explanatory

Automation
Remember the automation soul/core I mentioned earlier? They can be used for automating golemites. Golemites are placeable, like statues. There are several types of golemites which can be used for different things. When a golemite is placed, you must click it with either an automation soul, or automation core to bring it to life. Though golemites have a set amount of health, even the basic ones are highly durable, and can soak up a-lot of hits. Their functions differ depending on what you used to activate them with. For instance, golemites unlock a special command if given a core instead of a soul. If you want to take the automation soul/core out of the golemite, just destroy it, and both will drop separately.

Commands:
Commands are, well, commands you can tell your golemite to obey, and carry out

Defend: The golemite will defend a certain area from hostile mobs
Attack Mobs: The golemite will kill all hostile enemies in sight.
Follow: The golemite will follow you like a pet, but will not attack
Follow and defend: The golemite will follow you like a pet, and defend you
Follow and attack: The golemite will follow you like a pet, but will attack all hostile mobs in sight when it can
Defend all: The golemite will defend a certain area from all hostle mobs, and hostile players
Attack all: The golemite will attack everything except you, and even hostile players
Follow and attack all: The golemite will follow you like a pet, and will attack all hostile mobs and players
Terminate: The golemite will attack EVERYTHING, even you
Dance: The golemite will dance like its 1.3 launch day

Golemites

Basic golemite
Crafting: Crafted at an iron anvil with 20 gray bricks, 1 mannequin, and 1 soul of life
Inventory space: 10 slots
Health: 200
Damage: 20
Defense: 40
Tier: 1
Vanity armor slots: 2
Weapon: Yes
Accessory slots: 0
Commands (Soul): Defend, Follow
Commands (Core): Defend, Follow, Follow and attack
Special: None

Gilded golemite
Crafting: Crafted at a mythril anvil with 20 gold bricks, 2 diamonds, 1 mannequin, and 1 soul of life
Inventory space: 12
Health: 220
Damage: 25
Defense: 50
Tier: 2
Vanity armor slots: 1
Weapon: No
Accessory slots: 1
Commands (Soul): Follow, Attack, Defend
Commands (Core): Follow, Attack, Defend, Terminate
Special: None

Party golemite
Crafting: Crafted at a mythril anvil with 1 rainbow brick, 100 confetti, 1 mannequin, and 2 souls of life
Inventory space: 10
Health: 200
Damage: 1
Defense: 0
Vanity armor slots: 3
Weapon: No
Accessory slots: 3
Commands (Soul): Follow, Party
Commands (Core): Follow, Party
Special: Party laser- The party golemite will dance normally, but will occasionally shoot a rainbow laser randomly. If it manages to hit an enemy, it will cause them to explode into confetti. Does not work on bosses, or you and your NPC's

Cobalt golemite
Crafting: Crafted at a mythril anvil with 60 cobalt bars, 1 mannequin, and 1 soul of life
Inventory space: 18
Health: 250
Damage: 25
Defense: 55
Accessory slots: 2
Commands (Soul): Defend, Attack, Follow
Commands (Core): Defend, Attack, Follow, Defend all
Special: Stone defense- The cobalt golemite will become still, and shoot cobalt shards at hostile enemies, or players who come close, like a turret

Palladium golemite
Crafting: Crafted at an Orichalcum anvil with 60 palladium bars, 1 mannequin, and 1 soul of life
Inventory space: 18
Health: 260
Damage: 20
Defense: 55
Accessory slots: 2
Commands (Soul): Defend, Attack, Follow
Commands (Core): Defend, Attack, Follow, Attack all
Special: Metal spike- The palladium golemite will become spiky and tough, and will launch itself at hostile enemies, or players that are in its path

Mythril golemite
Crafting: Crafted at a Mythril anvil with 60 mythril bars, 1 mannequin, and 1 soul of life
Inventory space: 24 slots
Health: 310
Damage: 35
Defense: 60
Tier: 3
Commands (Soul): Defend, Attack, Follow, Attack all
Commands (Core): Defend, Attack, Follow, Attack all, Follow and Defend
Special: Golem drill- The mythril golemite will use whatever weapon it has selected (If it is a drill) to mine all nearby blocks NOT placed by the player

Orichalcum golemite
Crafting: Crafted at an Orichalcum anvil with 60 orichalcum bars, 1 mannequin, and 1 soul of life
Inventory space: 24
Health: 300
Damage: 40
Defense: 60
Tier: 3
Commands (Soul): Defend, Attack, Follow, Attack all
Commands (Core): Defend, Attack, Attack all, Follow and Defend
Special: Golem pickaxe- The Orichalcum golemite will use whatever weapon it has selected (If it is a pickaxe) to mine all nearby blocks NOT placed by the player

Adamantite golemite
Crafting: Crafted at an Mythril anvil with 90 adamantite bars, 5 souls of might, 1 mannequin, and 1 soul of life
Inventory space: 30
Health: 450
Damage: 65
Defense: 65
Tier: 4
Accessory slots: 4
Commands (Soul): Defend, Attack, Attack All, Follow and Defend
Commands (Core): Defend, Attack, Attack All, Defend All, Follow and defend
Special: Adamantite frenzy- The adamantite golemite (Must be holding an adamantite weapon of some sort) will summon ghostly swords to surround him, striking all hostile enemies and players nearby

Titanium golemite
Crafting: Crafted at an Orichalcum anvil with 90 titanium bars, 5 souls of might, 1 mannequin, and 1 soul of life
Inventory space: 30
Health: 500
Damage: 60
Defense: 65
Tier: 4
Accessory slots: 4
Commands (Soul): Defend, Attack, Attack All, Follow and defend
Commands (Core): Defend, Attack, Attack all, Defend All, Follow and defend
Special: Titanium wall- The titanium golem will move defend a set area, but will have extreme defense, and move much slower. Also, attacks on him have a thorns effect of about 10%

Hallowed golemite
Crafting: Crafted at a mythril anvil with 90 hallowed bars, 5 souls of sight, 5 souls of might, 5 souls of fright, 10 souls of flight, 1 mannequin, and 5 souls of life
Inventory space: 40
Health: 700
Damage: 85
Defense: 75
Tier: 5
Accessory slots: 5
Commands (Soul): Defend, Attack, Attack All, Defend All, Follow and Defend, Follow and Attack
Commands (Core): Defend, Attack, Attack All, Defend All, Follow and Defend, Follow and Attack, Follow and attack all, Terminate
Special: Hallowed sphere- The hallowed golemite will summon 3 spheres around, which will shoot enemies with lasers

Ok then! I've been working on this thread over a course of 6 days, so I'm going to stop now, and add more when I get ideas :D Please lave feedback, and have a good day

Well excuse me, but could you please tell me where it says souls have to end in -ight?
2. It should be linked with existing items and concepts in Terraria. Most good suggestions make references to things that already exist there: NPCs, crafting materials, biomes.
It's not a rule, but it is something that will possibly save you from having eyes rolled at you. Be consistent with what's already in Terraria, thanks.

There is about as much need for souls as there are unused words that end in -ight.

As for the suggestion, those recipes are waaay overdone. Some of the ideas are good, but it would be best if they were integrated in some other, simpler ways. We just don't need a complicated mob of intricate crafting recipes. That just wastes people's time and gives us headaches.

Back
Top Bottom