Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
The camera does not follow the golf ball even in 1.4.1
Can this be fixed?

Last edited:
I'm not the only one experiencing this phenomenon
This is a bug that has been reported in the past.

Is it possible to identify the "unknown drifting input"?

Last edited:
Its not very easy for us to identify a stray input on the user's side.

A variety of programs, peripherals, and other such things can cause "inputs" from your PC. In fact, it is the cause of quite a few issues for the game that external inputs are constantly coming into play.

It may be that there is nothing we can do.

Terraria's Golf mechanic "returns to home" if an input is sent.

Some people's computers, whether it be through a keyboard or mouse that they are not aware of, seem to be sending strange inputs at all times. This is not a Terraria thing, its literally "something is odd with your computer".

We have no way to sort out what inputs are or are not intentional, since Terraria is just receiving "input" from your PC, and so it reverts to you.

The only solution I can think of would be to completely change the Golf system to ONLY allow specific inputs, but then that might leave people accidentally locked into it. So its not a simple situation, and we can't do anything to stop the PC-side inputs.

However, I think there are many people who say that the camera doesn't work ...
Shouldn't this be disseminated on Twitter and official publications ...?

For a specific single, relatively low impact bug like this? No, I don't think that warrants public announcement. There are a lot of bugs like this that are user-side, they can't all be announced like that.

Since the version was upgraded to 1.4.1.2, the camera has started to follow the golf ball!
I gave up because there was no description in the bug fix, but did you do something about it?
Thank you anyway! Now you can play golf

We've made a few adjustments to a handful of bugs where stray inputs would come into play, but we didn't expect it to necessarily fix all of them. As mentioned, its a kind of blind fix issue, and we don't know what was causing yours, but I know we fixed something related to kanji inputs from keyboards, and one or two other odd sources of input.

That it did fix it for you is really nice to hear!

Back
Top Bottom