tModLoader Good Luck Have Fun (Harder Terraria Mod)

Do you think this mod will make you hate me?

• Yes

Votes: 28 37.8%
  • No

Votes: 46 62.2%

• Total voters
Thanks, will be testing this mod out with a bunch of other balance/non-content mods in my next play-through.

There's some severe bugginess with the old one's army when using GLHF. This message floods the chat (see the screenshot), mobs will only come out of the portals if you stand within a couple of tiles of them, and if certain players die to Betsy, she'll instantly despawn and the event will end. We weren't able to figure out why some people were able to die to her without triggering that glitch while others weren't. All of these bugs also occurred when using a perfectly flat arena without any water interference, not shown in the picture. All of these bugs were fixed after GLHF was removed from the server, so it seems to be the culprit

Attachments

• GLHF.png
    GLHF.png
    457.1 KB · Views: 635
So I found expert mode easy after a while so I made a mod to make me rage quit. This mod works in normal mode and will stack with expert mode and any other similar mods. The effects are active when you have the mod enabled. With all that said, let's take a look at the actual changes.
All enemies now have:

1.5x Health
1.5x Damage
1.5x Defense
1.5x Knockback Resistance
1.5x Money Dropped
Natural Regeneration (stronger regen in hardmode)
Immunity to traps and lava

All vanilla bosses will get additional attacks/changes
King Slime will shoot spikes
Eye of Cthulhu will shoot tears
Eater of Worlds head segments are double the size
Brain of Cthulhu creepers are 50% larger
Queen Bee will occasionally drop bee hives
Skeletron throws bones at you with his hands
Wall of Flesh alternates between shooting cursed flames and ichor from its mouth
The Twins will heal when the other one dies
The Destroyer and Probes are 250% bigger and the Destroyer's Head does 2x the damage
Skeletron Prime shoots lasers
Plantera's tentacles will block projectiles
The Detached Golem head can fire cultist fireballs and the Golem has insane life regen
Duke Fishron makes it rain deadly projectiles
Lunatic Cultist spawns "Shadow Clones" that shoot his projectiles
Moon Lord Core fires the same projectiles the Lunatic Cultist fires (shoots faster at half health)

You have a chance to get the bleeding debuff when damaged.

There are now poorly sprited biome cores which are accessories. They have a 1/500 chance to drop in their respective biome in hardmode. Each one increases a different stat and they can all be combined to create a powerful accessory.

Download on the mod browser​
Just so you know, I'm currently doing a playthrough of Death Mode Calamity and tons I'd other mods, and this is a major part of the difficulty, along with Enemy Affixes. Great mod, and I don't hate you, I'm very happy that Terraria's most infamous challenge is much harder.

This is actually pretty fun. The only problem is that tenant NPCs are also buffed & immune to lava/traps.
If you want to kill them, only bosses or drowning seems effective.

My friend and I have been playing a "vanilla +" style pack including this mod. Also we set 3x spawn rate. We've been facing Skeletron and the bones from his hands are a bit hard to see and dodge (partly because you fight him at night) maybe they could be fired a bit less frequently and travel a bit more slowly, but more importantly can they get some light added to them so they can be seen to be dodged? Really enjoying the changes otherwise so far.

Edit: Here's a thought if you want to make him throw something more "interesting" and are looking for ideas. Have him throw flaming skeletons. You can use the Hanging and Wall Skeleton decorations as the projectiles and apply fire particles to them.

Last edited:
My friend and I have been playing a "vanilla +" style pack including this mod. Also we set 3x spawn rate. We've been facing Skeletron and the bones from his hands are a bit hard to see and dodge (partly because you fight him at night) maybe they could be fired a bit less frequently and travel a bit more slowly, but more importantly can they get some light added to them so they can be seen to be dodged? Really enjoying the changes otherwise so far.
Yeah the hands throwing bones is kinda lame. Maybe in the future I'll do some cooler changes but idk about rn.

Also just noticed the previously reported issue with the old one's army event. Staring at the source I see no reason why the Eye of Cthulhu would especially be a culprit. Either there's something wrong with the vanilla game's handling of that NPC ID or more likely it's just choosing that file at random because the Eye of Cthulu has the lowest NPC ID. It has to be some variable for player positioning that the event uses that shares variables with your code. Each of your AI files has code like this...

Code:
float Speed = 10;
            Player P = Main.player[npc.target];
            Vector2 vector8 = new Vector2(npc.position.X + (npc.width / 2), npc.position.Y + (npc.height / 2));
            float rotation = (float)Math.Atan2(vector8.Y - (P.position.Y + (P.height * 0.5f)), vector8.X - (P.position.X + (P.width * 0.5f)));

My completely amateur and uneducated guess is that some of those variables are shared with others in the code and need to be changed to random new names or it needs to be tucked away in an "if" to avoid interfering with something somewhere. I can help test if you like...

Edit: got to Fishron, the rain is ridiculous. Had to tone it down for our playthrough.

Last edited:
I'm not very good at coding, but I've managed to hack at it a bit and tweak some stuff to my preferences. I also seem to have fixed the errors with the Old One's Army invasion.
  • Destroyer: 1.5x head damage from 2x
  • Eye of Cthulhu, Golem, King Slime, Moonlord, Skeletron, Wall of Flesh, and Shadow Clones summoned by Lunitic Cultist: Moved targetting variables and timer inside npc.type condition (bug fix)
  • Fishron: Moved timer inside npc.type condition, reduced rain width/scale/frequency and damage to 65 from 100
  • Moonlord again: reduced lightning orb damage to 50 from 100 and slightly slowed added projectiles for more/less threat.
  • Queen Bee: Moved timer inside npc.type condition
  • Skeletron again: randomized bone throw frequency, reduced speed and overall frequency, doubled bone size
  • Twins: tried to add healing effect mentioned... failed :(
  • Made exclusively town npcs not immune to traps/lava as requested since it was easy and sensible.
Zip contains mod file and source folder. Use/change as you will.

Attachments

• GLHF.zip
    78.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
I'm not very good at coding, but I've managed to hack at it a bit and tweak some stuff to my preferences. I also seem to have fixed the errors with the Old One's Army invasion.
  • Destroyer: 1.5x head damage from 2x
  • Eye of Cthulhu, Golem, King Slime, Moonlord, Skeletron, Wall of Flesh, and Shadow Clones summoned by Lunitic Cultist: Moved targetting variables and timer inside npc.type condition (bug fix)
  • Fishron: Moved timer inside npc.type condition, reduced rain width/scale/frequency and damage to 65 from 100
  • Moonlord again: reduced lightning orb damage to 50 from 100 and slightly slowed added projectiles for more/less threat.
  • Queen Bee: Moved timer inside npc.type condition
  • Skeletron again: randomized bone throw frequency, reduced speed and overall frequency, doubled bone size
  • Twins: tried to add healing effect mentioned... failed :(
Zip contains mod file and source folder. Use/change as you will.
Thanks, I probably wouldn't have done that myself lol. Don't worry about the healing effect for twins because I've already done it. I'm probably gonna change skeletron and golem because right now they're kinda lame.

Thanks, I probably wouldn't have done that myself lol. Don't worry about the healing effect for twins because I've already done it. I'm probably gonna change skeletron and golem because right now they're kinda lame.

Two more things I realized after getting some sleep. 1. You don't mention that you have spawnrate set to x2 prehardmode and x3 in hardmode.... So I was actually playing 6x and 9x spawnrate XD. We beat it anyway, but the Lunar Potatoes were brutal to say the least.

2. Also, to fulfill @Kojiro_S request for vulnerable town npcs...
Code:
public override void SetDefaults(NPC npc)
        {
            npc.defense += npc.defense / 2;
            npc.lifeMax += npc.lifeMax / 2;
            npc.damage += npc.damage / 2;
            npc.knockBackResist *= 1.5f;
            npc.value *= 1.5f;
            if (!npc.townNPC)
            {
                npc.lavaImmune = true;
                npc.trapImmune = true;
            }
        }

I'll edit my upload with that. Curious how you got the Twins health thing working as it was the only part that took me more than a couple minutes and I still didn't figure out after 2 hours. I'm decent at logic in general but have no proper knowledge of programming.

Last edited:
Any option to disable life regen on bosses? Eye of cthulu is unkillable in Overhaul because his "death animation" regenerates and comes after me, but it is invincible!

Do you still work on this mod? If so, is it possible to add a config? Maybe, to change the drop chance of the accessories. Or to change the damage and stuff enemies do?

@Caseratis @Freedbot
Hi, hate to bring this up like 8 months down the line, but would one of you consider putting the edited version by Freedbot up on the mod browser?
Not necessarily as an update, but perhaps a new release. It would make installing this mod in new modpacks far easier than searching this thread and post up to download it every time.

Also has anyone confirmed that the Old One's Army spawning glitch was caused by the timer variables? My new pack isn't set up quite yet so I can't check. (I mean, I could I guess, but I'm also lazy.) Some other mods have had that issue recently and I'm curious if that fix worked, because if so, it should definitely be shared around.

@Caseratis @Freedbot
Hi, hate to bring this up like 8 months down the line, but would one of you consider putting the edited version by Freedbot up on the mod browser?
Not necessarily as an update, but perhaps a new release. It would make installing this mod in new modpacks far easier than searching this thread and post up to download it every time.

Also has anyone confirmed that the Old One's Army spawning glitch was caused by the timer variables? My new pack isn't set up quite yet so I can't check. (I mean, I could I guess, but I'm also lazy.) Some other mods have had that issue recently and I'm curious if that fix worked, because if so, it should definitely be shared around.
I've been getting back into this game recently so I've been thinking about just redoing this mod.

I'm remaking the mod and removed all of the old boss changes and I'm doing new changes. Right now I have it so that the destroyer is still a big boy but skeletron prime now randomly fires lasers while spinning when he has no arms and the twins instantly change to their second phase at 85%. I might do something else with the twins though.

Edit: Twins now become enraged when the other dies
The Destroyer has a laser airstrike instead of being a big boi

Last edited:
Obviously I already went as far as I could by putting attaching the code to a comment. Any more than that would be stepping on Caseratis's toes pretty rudely. Glad to hear you're working on it again btw. Don't forget to integrate with the new tModloader in game mod settings menu. :p

Back
Top Bottom