Good Terraria Clones?

former_lurker

Terrarian
Hi, all. Just wondering what games you consider to be good clones of Terraria.

I'm thinking of getting Junk Planet when it's released on the Switch next week on the 21st. It looks more casual than Terraria, which should tickle that builder in me. :nursegrin:

Thanks for the suggestions! I did download Junk Planet, and while it's tiding me over for now, it's pretty buggy with some horrible English translation. And there's not enough variety in terms of enemies, items, crafting, biomes, etc. But it is cute.

Possibly Crea.

That looks pretty good, although there's more RPG elements than I'd like. Still, I'll keep an eye out for a decent sale. Thanks! :nursepassionate:

A game sort of similar to Terraria with elements from The Legend of Zelda and Stardew Valley is Forager! Although it is still in Beta (0.8.2), it's pretty good overall. Full release is predicted this month.

P.S: In order to get the Closed Beta, pledge $20/month on Patreon/Reach Level 30 in the official Discord Server

Ah, now I have heard about Forager! And better, it's supposed to be released for Switch, so I can bring it with! Although it was supposed to be released Q1 2019, and no update on a new release date... Ah, well, I'll snag it when it eventually shows up in the eShop. Thanks! :nursepassionate:

Starbound
I'll second that. In some ways it's weaker than Terraria, in other ways deeper. Both are massive games with so much going on it's difficult to run out of things to do and discover, and both have carefully considered mechanics that can result in surprises and synergies. There's no mistaking that Terrarian genes run all through Starbound's DNA. I find Terraria more satisfying for the most part but they've both provided me far more play value than the prices I paid.

I'll second that. In some ways it's weaker than Terraria, in other ways deeper. Both are massive games with so much going on it's difficult to run out of things to do and discover, and both have carefully considered mechanics that can result in surprises and synergies. There's no mistaking that Terrarian genes run all through Starbound's DNA. I find Terraria more satisfying for the most part but they've both provided me far more play value than the prices I paid.
Have you Ever Tryed the Map Terrariabound i Think was The Name There Come Some Aspects Together :D

Have you Ever Tryed the Map Terrariabound i Think was The Name There Come Some Aspects Together :D
Never heard of it. I tend to play games stock with newly generated maps… usually, anyway. Interesting idea, though! Thanks for mentioning it.

Starbound

Huh, I think I have this wishlisted on Steam. :nursenaughty:

And thank you for expanding!

Man, I wish I had more time. :nursesigh:

starbound. the storyline is awful (the lore is good but it's terribly implemented in gameplay) and it's borderline unplayable without the instant crafting mod though it's way better for those of us who prefer building and exploring more than fighting.

So I never did get Forager on the Switch eShop, but I did see it's getting a physical release in a few weeks, so I'll get it then, even if I have to pay the extra $10 Switch tax. Hey, I like physicals. They look so nice lined up on my shelf. Speaking of which, Terraria's looking nice on my shelf. :nursehappy:

Junk Jack X

Finally got around to looking this up. Only a couple months late. :nursetongue: I forgot about this game. It's now on my wishlist for whenever I get the time.

Honestly I Found Not a Real Terraria Clone I Would Say Terraria is a Very Unique Game So The Best Terraria Clone Were Modded Terraria :D And Gameplay Technical Starbound Then There were another Game but i Forgot The Name Last Time i Saw it in Early acces :D

Back
Top Bottom