Goodbye Ocram, you will be missed

Look. Why would they go and take a great boss and FLAT OUT REMOVE IT!
So what if the devs don’t like It. They could just not put it on PC, or even downgrade it! Some people LIKE this boss, yet their going to destroy THEIR OWN WORK!!!!!kncke m bskn&ln

Sorry, had to vent there.

Well miss you, Ocram.

Look. Why would they go and take a great boss and FLAT OUT REMOVE IT!
So what if the devs don’t like It. They could just not put it on PC, or even downgrade it! Some people LIKE this boss, yet their going to destroy THEIR OWN WORK!!!!!kncke m bskn&ln

We probably shouldn't bring this thread up any further to be honest, but the idea was to bring PC closer to Mobile and Console, so in that regard they cut out most of 505's exclusive stuff.

I don't know if anybody has seen it, but I have plans to remake this boss. And by remake, I mean a TOTAL redesign.

I don't know if anybody has seen it, but I have plans to remake this boss. And by remake, I mean a TOTAL redesign.
Here's an update on modding rules.
Update 2018/08/06
There has been a change to the Player-Created Game Enhancements: Rules & Guidelines whereby the restriction on porting console and mobile exclusive content has been removed.

There has been no change to the rules regarding removed items as detailed below. The restriction on porting removed content is still in effect (the Icemourne, the Scythe, the Soul Scythe, the Zapinator, the Mysterious Package, and the Biome Key Molds).

Update 2017/02/27
Hello, Terrarian Modders!

Today I am happy to announce that there has been a change to the rules that govern Terraria modding. For some time now, it has been against the rules for mods to implement any of the unobtainable items. However, after some recent discussion between the staff and the developers, it was decided that the time has come to limit this restriction to only those items termed 'Removed Items' which are listed under the Removed Items section of the Unobtainable Items wiki page. This means that the number of items that are not allowed to be implemented in mods (in addition to the restriction on porting console and mobile exclusive content) is reduced to only six: the Icemourne, the Scythe, the Soul Scythe, the Zapinator, the Mysterious Package, and the Biome Key Molds.

I am very happy about this change and think that at least a few modders will share my excitement. If there are any questions or comments about this update to the modding rules, please feel free to share them in this thread and, as always, happy modding to all. :)

EDIT: Two clarifications:
  1. The rule against porting Console/Mobile exclusive content is not affected in any way by this change and that rule is still fully in effect.
  2. The Mysterious Package and Biome Key Molds are considered Console/Mobile exclusive content, but since they are listed under Removed Items section of the Unobtainable Items wiki page, I have listed them above for the sake of completeness.
I hope that clears up any confusion that the opening text of this announcement may have caused. The exact rules are covered much more clearly in the Modding Rules themselves and I suggest that all modders read said rules thread for exactly what is and is not allowed.
I think this means porting exclusives is not allowed. You apparently have plans to change it up, so that might circumvent the rules, but if you're not sure, ask a mod!

Back
Top Bottom