Mobile Google Nexus 7 - Unable to fully download & launch Terraria

Time Traveller

Terrarian
I hope someone can help. Both of my boys have the same Google Nexus 7, using Android version 6.0.1. I downloaded Terraria on one them and it launched first time with no issues. However, when I try downloading it on the second Nexus it fails - I just see a black screen with a spinning green square and a message reading "Fetching download URL". I do not get as far as a screen asking me to confirm payment. I have tried deleting it and re-installing it, but no luck. Help please!

I hope someone can help. Both of my boys have the same Google Nexus 7, using Android version 6.0.1. I downloaded Terraria on one them and it launched first time with no issues. However, when I try downloading it on the second Nexus it fails - I just see a black screen with a spinning green square and a message reading "Fetching download URL". I do not get as far as a screen asking me to confirm payment. I have tried deleting it and re-installing it, but no luck. Help please!
Hi @Time Traveller, that's unusual for one to take the install while the other doesn't. I am not 100% certain, but I think the "obb error" workaround may help with this. Here is more info: Workaround for the "obb" error on Android devices

There are other Android users that shared what worked (and didn't work) for them in that thread. If nothing in that thread works, you can talk with 505 Games directly and see if they have any better news about your issue, you can open a Support Ticket with them here (you'll need to make an account to open a ticket): https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

Hi Unit One. No luck I'm afraid. I'll try the route of opening a support ticket with 505.
Aw man, sorry to hear that Traveller. If you do get the second one working and have a minute or two to post here it'd be great to hear what worked so I can share with others that may have a similar problem.

I found a solution that worked! There are instructions on the 505 Games website in the Customer Support section (thanks again Unit One for the original link), that address this specific problem. The link to the page is below and I have also cut and pasted the instructions here too.

https://support.505games.com/en/sup...-download-url-error-and-can-t-start-terraria-

I receive a "fetching download URL" error and can't start Terraria:

1. If it is open, close Terraria completely

2. Turn on your phone's Airplane Mode so that no data or wi-fi is enabled

3. Start Terraria (you will likely still get the same error message, but the game should load to the main menu now)

4. Once you're at the main menu/title screen, turn Airplane Mode off

5. Now you can login, access your cloud saves, and get back online

I found a solution that worked! There are instructions on the 505 Games website in the Customer Support section (thanks again Unit One for the original link), that address this specific problem. The link to the page is below and I have also cut and pasted the instructions here too.

https://support.505games.com/en/sup...-download-url-error-and-can-t-start-terraria-

I receive a "fetching download URL" error and can't start Terraria:

1. If it is open, close Terraria completely

2. Turn on your phone's Airplane Mode so that no data or wi-fi is enabled

3. Start Terraria (you will likely still get the same error message, but the game should load to the main menu now)

4. Once you're at the main menu/title screen, turn Airplane Mode off

5. Now you can login, access your cloud saves, and get back online
This is great news Traveller, thanks! I don't know how I forgot about this one, I've been to their support site a million times. So glad you got it working. `:)

Back
Top Bottom