Working as Designed Got stuck inside blocks, limited movement, was able to break out.

Wizaphant64

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
so, i was mining in Terraria v1.4.0.4 and i placed a torch on a dirt block, i then, ran and jumped into the block, and was dragged inside, i preceded to move, run, and jump around to limited degree but could not escape, i opened obs at this point, recording a video, encase this was a glitch/bug. I broke out with a pickaxe, of course. here is the a screenshot of the obs capture i recorded, since i cant post videos on the forums here. Hope this helps even a bit. :)
Capturedwdwdw.PNG

It looks like you've discovered hoiking!
This usually happens due to the player being forced into an area too small for them to be in. The game tries to push you back out, but this sometimes causes you to just get pushed further into the wall or whatever you're stuck in. Unlikely to be fixed since the devs have endorsed hoiking as a useful mechanic that can be used to make elevators, escalators, unique doors, etc, and unintended occurances of this are few and far between, and easy to get out of.

This is one of those side effects of hoiking that we can't fix without breaking hoiking, as it was a "natural" hoik. Most easily replicable by doing exactly what you did: jumping up and placing a torch on what was probably a sloped block above you.

It looks like you've discovered hoiking!
This usually happens due to the player being forced into an area too small for them to be in. The game tries to push you back out, but this sometimes causes you to just get pushed further into the wall or whatever you're stuck in. Unlikely to be fixed since the devs have endorsed hoiking as a useful mechanic that can be used to make elevators, escalators, unique doors, etc, and unintended occurances of this are few and far between, and easy to get out of.
That's the thing with features like these, since they're technically bugs that became features, it's not likely that they will receive any changes, hoiks are janky and do sometimes occur naturally, but that's what a hoik is, that's how they are and why they are useful.

Back
Top Bottom