Do you want to be a Terraria Master?

• Yes

Votes: 16 94.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

LoveSpreader

Terrarian
Catchy title, right? Unfortunately, that's the only Pokemon reference you'll see in the suggestion itself. Though the whole "throw a ball and enclose them" thing was the basis, it got scrapped due to foreseeable annoyances.

Terrarium.png

Everyone knows what that is, yeah?
It's our most powerful weapon, because of paradox, so enough of Terra Blade already.

*coughs*

I mean, it's nice, how we can catch critters and put them in a glass box. But as Terrarians, taming mere exotic birds, or creatures of diseases, and some other stuff, is hardly daring enough. We want to put more in the cage, right? I know I do.

So the main item I'm proposing today is:

Terrestrial Terrarium
(Open to suggestions for a better name)

Crafting each will take:
Terrarium x 1
Luminite Bars x 3
Anywhere

Now, the main difference is that this will be bigger than the original Terrarium. It will take up 4x4 space. Also, the terrain inside will change depending on the biome and elevation it is placed in. You get natural forest in a forest biome. Snow mountains in a s now biome. Underground corruption in the underground corruption. You get the drift. Where there's an overlap of biome, like Snow + Crimson, the non-evil biome will take priority. Also, the background of the cage will also change according to the biome.

At least, that's how it goes for the empty version. But that's hardly anything fun on its own, no? So here's where our (Poke)ball drop.

If you have an empty version in your inventory, the next monster you kill with weapons(traps or lava won't count) will automatically be captured. Kill a zombie, you get a Zombie Cage. Kill a Vulture, you get a Vulture Cage. Depending on the mobs, the filled version will normally retain their natural biome. Also, mobs with variants will only have one version of the item. For example, if you kill an Eskimo Zombie with the empty item in your inventory, you'd still get a Zombie Cage. But, this is where the biome changing effect takes place. Put a Zombie Cage in the Snow Biome, the placed version will show an Eskimo Zombie. Put a Slime Cage in a Sand Biome, you'd get a Sand Slime in it.

This part is, unfortunately, a bit iffy, because of the sheer amount of mob variants, and the inevitable number of item IDs(not to mention inventory clutter) that comes with it. I will try to work on a better classification list(and/or implementation method) to reduce cluster, though I wouldn't push away a helping hand.

Also, critters already catchable with the bug net will not be applicable for capture with this item.

Now, the best part of this Terrestrial Terrarium, is that it also works on bosses. So.... take this item, and kill Dukey, and presto, you'd get a Duke Fishron Cage. Destroyer? Destroyer Cage. Boss Cages will be unique, regardless of variants.

Now, most of the mobs would actually still be too big even with 4x4 space, so depending on their size, they will be scaled down a bit when placed. So we can better admire our catch.

Now, you may throw your pokeballs, fellow trainers, masters and breeders.

h85B7A89B

It might get pretty buggy with some mobs, but otherwise its a great idea! I want to capture a rainbow slime and put it in my rainbow castle! o3o

EDIT : How will the mob AI work? That part will take forever to code.

Last edited:
Eye of Cthulchu, I choose you!

Support, but it might be a bit hard to impliment, requiring a cage for EVERY MONSTER IN THE GAME. 327 to be precise, counting system exclusives and not counting unspawnable monsters.

I like this! Do want!

A suggestion: What about the enemy in the cage is determined based on a banner? Select a banner, right-click on the cage with the banner and the enemy that drops that banner is put into the cage. Right-click with another banner and the original banner drops and the enemy inside is replaced with the new banner. There is already right-click/replace functionality like this for the weapon racks, so I'm sure it would be possible.

I like this. Tho I don't know how hard it will be to code in, due with all the variations and sprites you would have to put in.
I would still want a moonlord cage, or at least a true eye of Cthulhu.

Catchy title, right? Unfortunately, that's the only Pokemon reference you'll see in the suggestion itself.

I tought he would have pokeball. ;(

Now, you may throw your pokeballs, fellow trainers, masters and breeders.

Now it gets interesting... And I think I want to have it. (I approve, It would be really cool)

(Sorry, bad english, google traduction have trouble on what I'm doing.

EDIT (Double post, sorry) :
It would be nice to have a moon lord cage.
Hell yeah, that would be awesome!

Thinking of that, if we do that, are we gonna be the king of the moon after? Would be really nice, having the power of the moon, right?

Hope my english is enough good, didn't use google translator this time. But yeah, have a good day!

Last edited:
This... This is beautiful...:eek: Support, support all the way...

Moon lord cage... All the possibilities ...

Back
Top Bottom