Items Granite biome items

Should this be in the game?

• Total voters

YoungFellerTRA

Terrarian
This is a simple idea. The main premise is that as you may know, granite and marble biomes have simply felt very underwhelming when you are exploring. So I thought that I might as well try and spruce up one of them, and leave the rest to you guys. The basis of this idea is that the marble biomes provide access to a ranged weapon (javelins) and a melee weapon (gladius). I figure that granite biomes should offer a magic weapon and summon weapon. So here it is!

Granite shard staff: Low attack power, low knockback, low mana cost, high speed. It is a piercing weapon that shoots a shard of granite that pierces enemies and fires quickly. It isn't very powerful, but it can be used for some decent crowd control early on. It pierces 4 enemies and cannot go through blocks. It is crafted using some silver/tungsten bars, and a few granite blocks at an anvil.

Granite golem staff: Mediocre minion damage, high knockback. It summons a miniature granite golem that has a very unique trait. Unlike other minions, the granite golem stays close to the player and acts defensively. The first time it is summoned, it will spawn a golem that stays next to you. When another is spawned, it will act in tandem with the other golem, guarding you from both sides. Summoning more will stack more on top of each other, alternating sides. It is useful for building or fishing in hostile environments with it's high knockback. The main thing is that it isn't very ideal for boss battles, but it excels in exploring and building. The golem's return animation when you go to far from it has it riding on top of a miniature granite elemental. It will hover in place next to the player when in mid air, staying at a constant elevation on the mini elemental. It has the same recipe as the shard staff.

Let me know what you guys think, and give me some suggestions in the comments!

Edit:
Ok, another idea: Granite armor
Sort of like gladiator armor, slightly lower defense.
Set bonus: 12% increased magic damage. Plus 1 max minions.
Dropped from granite golems with the same odds as gladiator armor
The individual pieces don't have any particular stat bonuses, sort of like how gladiator armor has no stats but the set bonus eliminates knockback. Maybe gladiator armor could also give some melee and ranged bonuses as well? The idea is that they act like precursors to Frost and Forbidden armor later on.

Last edited:
Those biomes are REALLY overwhelming. Elementals go through blocks, and the Javelin yeeters 1-hit KO you. It’s not underwhelming

Also if you react with "Maybe, needs some work", it would help if you gave some feedback and where it needs improvement. Any ideas help!

The rapid-fire weapon either shouldn’t pierce or should ignore I-frames, as if the fire rate is too high, I-frames will negate some damage

Regarding Granite Armor maybe it could be like a weaker version of the turtle shell that provides defense instead of reducing damage by a certain percentage well yes unfortunately this may make it far more superior then its marble counterpart also i'm confused about its design in particular like are you just wearing a bunch of blue rocks on your head putting pressure on your weak neck?

Regarding Granite Armor maybe it could be like a weaker version of the turtle shell that provides defense instead of reducing damage by a certain percentage well yes unfortunately this may make it far more superior then its marble counterpart also i'm confused about its design in particular like are you just wearing a bunch of blue rocks on your head putting pressure on your weak neck?
Well that would make sense for a melee class, but the idea is that granite biomes are supposed to benefit mage/summoners as opposed to marble biomes benefitting melee/ranged

Well that would make sense for a melee class, but the idea is that granite biomes are supposed to benefit mage/summoners as opposed to marble biomes benefitting melee/ranged
and mages and summoners are usually fragile hence the extra defense when under 50% health

I think for Granite, you should look no further than the Thorium mod. It does some cool stuff with that biome and even adds a thematic boss.

maybe it could be like a weaker version of the turtle shell
hence the extra defense when under 50% health

why do i feel everyone just completely ignored that part.

I think for Granite, you should look no further than the Thorium mod. It does some cool stuff with that biome and even adds a thematic boss.
I am aware of thorium mod, and the boss there is very cool! It inspired this suggestion, which mainly exists because mobile and console cannot get mods yet, and probably won’t for avery long time.

Back
Top Bottom