Graphic card error since 1.3.5

devonc80

Terrarian
So ever since update 1.3.5 was installed, (I was playing this morning before the update perfectly) I now get a graphics error (we have 2 computers with 2 accounts) and both get them now. I also tried the old "remove Config.json file" fix and didn't work. Anyone have a fix yet :(
upload_2017-4-19_16-17-41.png

Unfortunately, this issue IS related to the Config.json file, but removing it won't help, as the issue is a problem that happens during the creation of the Config.json file.

We are actively looking into a solution to this on our end to prevent the bug, but we have a short-term fix for it for now.

In your config.json file, there may or may not be a line between "WaveQuality" and "MouseColor" for 4k Support.

If there is no such line, then you want to add it as shown in the picture below, and make sure it is set to false. If there is a line, it almost certainly says "true", and you will want to change it to false. This should allow your game to launch correctly in the interim. :)

Img with arrow.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this issue IS related to the Config.json file, but removing it won't help, as the issue is a problem that happens during the creation of the Config.json file.

We are actively looking into a solution to this on our end to prevent the bug, but we have a short-term fix for it for now.

In your config.json file, there may or may not be a line between "WaveQuality" and "MouseColor" for 4k Support.

If there is no such line, then you want to add it as shown in the picture below, and make sure it is set to false. If there is a line, it almost certainly says "true", and you will want to change it to false. This should allow your game to launch correctly in the interim. :)

View attachment 167036
I dont have that lines.

Side note: we just put out a fix 20 minutes ago that should fix this issue, for those who haven't had a chance to speak to me about it yet. :)

Yeah, I have this SAME problem too......
But I don't have a fix or anything, and I can't use the temp. fix because I don't have any My Games folders, and no config.json files, so I am a bit out of ideas.
Any fixes?
Edit: I can't find ANY fixes as well, this is SO ANNOYING! I'm soon going to give up. :sigh:
I also never even got to use it ONCE, i haven't done a first time startup... I'm so annoyed!
Please give a fix soon.

SYSTEM INFO:
System Model: HP Notebook
BIOS: F.26
Processor: AMD E2-7110 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics, 4 CPUS ~1.8GHz
Memory: 4096 MB (4GB) RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

DIRECTX FEATURES
DirectDraw Acc. Enabled
Direct3D Acc. Enabled
AGP Texture Acc. Enabled

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
If they put out a fix for this, and you're still having issues it could be because your Terraria didn't successfully update through steam. Try verifying the integrity of your game cache through steam. Lemme know if you need help on how to do this.

Ok, so funny story, but it works now!
I just wanted to see if it works, and I load it and wait, and I see the game load!
I check 'My Games' (it is there now) and I found the config.json file, maybe they did put a fix for it?

So the worry was for nothing! Perhaps they put a fix for it overnight? Not sure, but now I can play!
No need for verifying integrity, (i did that like 2.8 million times when it wasn't working) because the game works now.
Sorry for interrupting your day, thank you!

I did what you said but it didn't work

To verify, you're saying that you still get "No suitable graphics card found" when trying to launch the game, correct?

Could you please provide your hardware specifications? If you need to know how to get this let me know

Hi, I have the same issue. The config.json file doesn't exist when I look. I have made sure that my system does meet the system requirements, and I have the latest version of my graphics driver.
Thanks.

I'm having this issue suddenly, as well. I looked at the config.json and it is correct (there is a line and 4k is set to false). I'm on Windows 7. Any ideas? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom