NPCs & Enemies Grasshopper merchant

Should grasshopper merchant be part of terraria?

• Yes!

• No!

• Needs work but I guess!

• I don't care!

Results are only viewable after voting.

hi9990005

Official Terrarian
New completely random idea:
GRASSHOPPER MERCHANT!

Trust me it'll make the game that much better.

So what is he? I think he would be a humanoid grasshopper that has a 1/250 chance of spawning instead of a regular grasshopper

What does he do? He sells bait. He may also sell critters and terrariums under certain conditions. What conditions? Well um... I don't exactly know yet... but still conditions!

I've also thought of some quotes!
"You must have quite the backbone to cut all of that grass! ...Man, I wish I had a backbone."
"You have no idea how hard it is to hide in such a small patch of grass..."
"Now it may look hard to keep scorpions but as long as you avoid the stinger..."
"These here grasshoppers are the perfect bait for... wait, I'm a grasshopper!"

Last edited:
you know what 1/1000 means? that's the double of the drop rate of the rod of discord, one can possibly catch over 100 bait before finding this npc if they could, also, i could just break the rocks to get worms and turn them into enchanted nightcrawlers, no support, sorry

you know what 1/1000 means? that's the double of the drop rate of the rod of discord, one can possibly catch over 100 bait before finding this npc if they could, also, i could just break the rocks to get worms and turn them into enchanted nightcrawlers, no support, sorry
Fixed it. Maybe he could also sell some kind of weapons and materials once the player reaches hardmode, like cricket blades, plantlike items like vines, jungle spores, and herbs, or maybe even beetle shells after golem is defeated

Yeah him just selling baits is pretty bland imo. It's like an NPC that sells potions or something like that.

Maybe you should give him some more items that he could sell or make him only appear at certain times when the Traveling Merchant is not in your city at that day. That would make him more important because people could always stack up on baits when he is there (and on the other things he sells), but they would be expensive and players would still be encouraged to catch things themselves. He won't sell the Truffle Worm too, for example.

What about calling that merchant "Abbadon"?
Ps:. To not abuse, the merchant should offer limited number of baits.

Last edited:
I still think the spawn rate needs to be increased,It's not very common that I run into grasshoppers.

Also: does this NPC move into your town when you find them? Or are they like the skeleton merchant where they just stay there and eventually de-spawn?

I still think the spawn rate needs to be increased,It's not very common that I run into grasshoppers.

Also: does this NPC move into your town when you find them? Or are they like the skeleton merchant where they just stay there and eventually de-spawn?
Probably despawn, would be too easy If It moved to the player town after being found.

A grasshopper man is just ridiculous... No offence

Why not just make Angler sell baits when conditions are met?
Or even make Merchant, and Skeleton Merchant sell them.

A grasshopper man is just ridiculous... No offence

Why not just make Angler sell baits when conditions are met?
Or even make Merchant, and Skeleton Merchant sell them.
Lots of stuff in terraria is ridiculous. This isn't even the most ridiculous I can think of. The prize goes to the pig fish dragon known as duke fishron. This would fit in well.

Lots of stuff in terraria is ridiculous. This isn't even the most ridiculous I can think of. The prize goes to the pig fish dragon known as duke fishron. This would fit in well.
Uh bro think about it... A grasshopper selling grasshopper for fishing >_>
Okay fine, I gotta admit that Terraria has many ridiculous stuff but why can't we just make Angler or Merchant sell a bait? It suits them especially the Angler since him and baits are related to fishing

Well I do support this thread. Bait merchants would make the game much better and less of a hassle

Uh bro think about it... A grasshopper selling grasshopper for fishing >_>
Okay fine, I gotta admit that Terraria has many ridiculous stuff but why can't we just make Angler or Merchant sell a bait? It suits them especially the Angler since him and baits are related to fishing

Well I do support this thread. Bait merchants would make the game much better and less of a hassle
Well, would be ridiculous if the Grasshopper invoked clouds of locusts on the enemies.

Back
Top Bottom