Blocks & Decoration Grates inhibit Fishing due to blocking water from the rest of the pond. They shouldn't do that

Dakota Spine

Headless Horseman
I've been wanting to incorporate Grates with houses to make water safely flow inside without anything being able to get in. But i've noticed if I block the rest of the water in my ponds with a Grate, my catching slows down and I more frequently get trash. This is remedied by destroying the Grate and making the pond 'whole' again, but I see it as inconvenient for Grates to reduce how effective a pond is for fishing

Perhaps grates aren't meant to pass fish through. And thus it harms the water pool size.

Can I see a screenshot how your fishing pool looks like?

I beleive that this is an intentional side effect of grates, but I will confirm whether that is the case.
EDIT: Yes, this is a nice idea but unfortunatley a limitation of the current system.

I beleive that this is an intentional side effect of grates, but I will confirm whether that is the case.
EDIT: Yes, this is a nice idea but unfortunatley a limitation of the current system.

Aah, drat. Seems i'll have to keep building around badies trying to get at me during my night fishing. Shame to hear the current system limits it, but I understand if it's actually unable to be done

Back
Top Bottom