tModLoader Graydee's mini mods

Graydee

The Destroyer
Hello. Welcome to my new thread of mini mods.
These are all mods that are too small to justify their own forum page, so I compile them here.

I plan a lot of these over the summer, but right now only one is finished enough to be released. The point of these mods is to add non-generic stuff, and not just bloating the game with content, but specific enhancements.

Finished mods:

This mod adds a single new item: Magic Fertilizer. It is sold by the Dryad for 10 gold after plantera is defeated. Use it on any sapling to turn it into a living tree.
bigtree.gif

NOTE: To fix glitchy blocks, either relog or place a block next to the it.

Sprite courtesy of @Yuyutsu
Download here

This mod is part of the Better Combat mod I had previously abandoned. It will add clips to guns (and a small UI to show ammo) that can be reloaded, with the size based on how fast the gun shoots.
Also, guns get a 20% boost to damage to compensate.

[Before you ask, right-click to reload]

Download here
This mod makes vanilla yoyos launch interesting projectiles.

Example: Artery launches low damage vampire knives
Malaise launches scourge projectiles.

Download here

Unfinished mods:

This mod wont add any new items, but will make the non-primary items in some chests (like biome dungeon chests) more intersting.

This would just aim to add a few more interesting drops for Tim and the Rune Wizard.

Just adds scrolls, craftable through a new material sold by the wizard and various other materials. Using them would create an explosion, dealing that debuff to nearby enemies

Adds chests that spawn on hardmode in their respective biome. Had the asscociated mimic-loot

Would add new accessories that have no function other than to make you look cooler!

Makes the game harder as you progress. In my opinion, that is something the game lacks right now.
Adds arrows that would hook you to blocks like a grappling hook.

Makes it so you can equip a torch as an accessory, and you always default to holding said torch.

Adds more non-town npc merchants, similar to the bone merchant. Specifically for different biomes.

Would add various crops that you can grow and harvest for buffs.

Remember when sunflowers stopped corruption? This mod brings that back, so it even works in hardmode.

Would add various new minibiomes with no new content (Mountains, lakes, springs) to make exploring more interesting
Would add more randomly spawning minibosses (little loot, spawn randomly, optional, smallish, etc) similar to Tim or the Rune Wizard.

Adds new backpack accessories that expand inventory.

Would add new types of ruins that spawn on hardmode, to make hardmode exploration more fun.
Allows you to mark areas on your map for future reference.
Makes underground ruins more interesting, and bigger
Would allow you to load items into minecarts, and transport them easily.

Would make ropes paired horizontally function as ziplines, for fast travel.

Would nerf wings, and make them work more logically (you only move up when the wings themselves flap)

Adds more friendly critters and animals, such as deer, chickens, etc
Would add prefixes for things like armor and fishing rods.
Would add more variety to ammo

Unless slime rain, green and blue slimes can't deal damage to you unless you provoke them. This is true for the first few days only.

Would add various sound effects and shaders to make the game feel more atmospheric at large.

Discord: https://discord.gg/fFuuS5M

I might add more, but this is all I have. I might work on one sooner if it's particuarly popular

Anyways, thanks for looking at my thread, and leave suggestions and comments down below!

Last edited:
It's incredible to see so many useful mods I never knew I wanted, haha. While they all sound great, I'm most interested in Better Generation, and after that Atmospheric Terraria. More variety both visually and aurally are always great in my book.

Would you consider bringing back the other aspects of Better Combat as well as reloading? Some aspects, like melee effects such as slowing-down the player's movement speed when they swing, while seemed minor at first, added so much depth to gameplay and made combat feel incredible next to vanilla. That unfinished yet incredible mod quickly became invaluable in my playthroughs.

It's incredible to see so many useful mods I never knew I wanted, haha. While they all sound great, I'm most interested in Better Generation, and after that Atmospheric Terraria. More variety both visually and aurally are always great in my book.

Would you consider bringing back the other aspects of Better Combat as well as reloading? Some aspects, like melee effects such as slowing-down the player's movement speed when they swing, while seemed minor at first, added so much depth to gameplay and made combat feel incredible next to vanilla. That unfinished yet incredible mod quickly became invaluable in my playthroughs.
Probably.
[doublepost=1497834289,1497834202][/doublepost]OH LOL I forgot to edit that out of reloadingguns. Ill split them up next time i get free time

I'd love to see more ammo types for bullets and arrows. And maybe a mod that makes random npcs have a chance to be super strong, mini boss like.
(Kinda like enemy enemy prefixes)
But these look good, cant wait to see more released ! :D

I'm starting work on the map marker mod. For multiplayer, should the markers be clientside or serverside?

In other news, I'll be changing reloading in reloadingguns to a hotkey

Updated the reloading mod!

Slightly lengthened reloading time, changed it to a hotkey (Which also makes it compadible with Yoraiz0r's dual weilding mod!) and buffed the damage to a 35% boost.

download here!

Updated the reloading mod!

Slightly lengthened reloading time, changed it to a hotkey (Which also makes it compadible with Yoraiz0r's dual weilding mod!) and buffed the damage to a 35% boost.

download here!
Since it wasn't mentioned, are the melee features still in this mod? I know you're planning on splitting those features at some point.

Back
Top Bottom