Game Mechanics Greater Storage Organization (Favorites/Colors)

Inaj

Terrarian
----- Original Suggestions -----​
1. I would like to suggest the implementation of "Favorites" (like inventory) to be applied to storage as well. I suggest that this is implemented by leaving behind a shadow image of the item allowed (similar to what is like in some modded Minecraft). Then, even if the specific item is withdrawn, other items will not be able to be placed in that slot, until you cancel the "Favorite" on that spot. The keybinding can just be the same as it is for the inventory (alt-left click).

2. I would also like to suggest the implementation of coloring storage slots (also inventory slots?) using paint. This would make it easy for people to know where to find the things they are looking for, especially if paired with "Favorites" for storage. Perhaps you could also switch how many slots to paint at once with a button like those in "The Grand Design" in order to toggle between: Single, Row, and Column.

For example, you could paint some of the storage slots blue in order to symbolize the ocean while favoriting the spots for each different item, while some others are painted lime green in order to signify jungle items, which are also filled with favorited items.

Hopefully, sooner or later, I will be playing Terraria with the addition of these features, allowing me to have "Greater Storage Organization".​

----- Other Suggestions -----
I realized after posting this thread, that there were other sorting options that I would like to have in the game... These suggestions added after the original posting.

3. I would also like to see the ability to choose how the "Sort Item" button organizes from a few options.
A. Current Sorting Order
B. Sorted by Name
C. Personalized Organization (The player can give a list of priorities which chooses which items/groups are first after sorting, second, etc.)
4. I would like Favorites for armor to carry over even after switching equipment within your inventory.​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom