Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hello, I looked elsewhere and couldn't find any other mention of this in other bug reports or in known issues, sorry if it's a duplicate of another bug report.

The Grebe is not tagged as a critter correctly in the bestiary. Critter enemies appear in the bestiary upon being seen rather than being killed. Currently, the Grebe needs to be killed to enter the bestiary, it doesn't appear there once you have seen it. I got to 98% completion and this was one of the enemies I hadn't got yet, I'd caught several in my net, but hadn't killed any. Only worked it out by sorting the bestiary alphabetically.

I just checked, and Grebes do not require killing to unlock. Simply approaching them will work.

However, there is a minimum required distance, its not just anywhere on screen. :)

I had caught several in a net before it unlocked? And it only seemed to unlock by killing? Really strange...

I'm also having issues getting the grebe to add to my Bestiary. I haven't killed any yet, but I have captured a ton of them...there's no way I didn't get close enough to have them register...

The only numbers I have left are 25 (Santa), 90, 110 (X-mas bunny), and the 450's (because I can't figure out how to spawn the X-mas mobs following the frost moon...I didn't have that problem with the Halloween mobs after the pumpkin moon event).

Okay, I think I know what might be happening here. There is a bug, but Grebes do still unlock. You just need to walk up to a walking Grebe, not a flying one.

(In the code, Ducks/Grebes have two actual forms, walking and flying, and it looks like the flying one is not properly flagging the unlock).

Okay, I think I know what might be happening here. There is a bug, but Grebes do still unlock. You just need to walk up to a walking Grebe, not a flying one.

(In the code, Ducks/Grebes have two actual forms, walking and flying, and it looks like the flying one is not properly flagging the unlock).
I'll test that out tonight and confirm (unless you've already confirmed, in which case it would be redundant).

I tested out the theory...100% correct, Leinfors! The walking Grebe did the trick. I didn't need to kill it or capture it.
1590712063708.png

Back
Top Bottom