Items Grimoire of time

Vyzikiel

Terrarian
A sub-inventory item holdable in your inventory and takes one slot, holds 5 items of your choice. Items have to be a weapon that consumes mana. You can take out and place items within the grimoire freely, essentially saving you 4 inventory slots.

Items being held within the grimoire well replenish your mana by 35 points (cooldown 3 minutes) if you try to use that item with insufficient mana.

This is kind of a strange suggestion, but it deserves the typical anylisis. How is it obtained? What is the drawback to using this (IE: it takes up an ascessory slot)?

I dont know how its obtained. Im just suggesting an item. Why would there need to be a drawback?

I dont know how its obtained. Im just suggesting an item. Why would there need to be a drawback?
Otherwise everyone would use the mana buff without consequence, and unbalance the trials the game has for mages.
[doublepost=1516708579,1516708334][/doublepost]But I can see that this is your first suggestion (because the fourms show that you have never replied to or posted anything else) and everybody has to start somewhere, so keep at it. Balance and other things become more clear as you read and post, so have fun on the fourms.

Otherwise everyone would use the mana buff without consequence, and unbalance the trials the game has for mages.
[doublepost=1516708579,1516708334][/doublepost]But I can see that this is your first suggestion (because the fourms show that you have never replied to or posted anything else) and everybody has to start somewhere, so keep at it. Balance and other things become more clear as you read and post, so have fun on the fourms.

I mean, yeah, its a good item. I dont see why you think there needs to be a draw back. Thats like asking whats the draw back of the crystal ball. There isnt. Its a good item thats useful that you want to use. Obviously this item would drop from a hardmode boss or something, and take some kind of effort to obtain, but as far as it requiring a drawback, I dont see any reason why there needs to be one.

I mean, yeah, its a good item. I dont see why you think there needs to be a draw back. Thats like asking whats the draw back of the crystal ball. There isnt. Its a good item thats useful that you want to use. Obviously this item would drop from a hardmode boss or something, and take some kind of effort to obtain, but as far as it requiring a drawback, I dont see any reason why there needs to be one.
Then I don't really see why this item needs to exist. No other class has an item that specifically holds weaponry.

Then I don't really see why this item needs to exist. No other class has an item that specifically holds weaponry.

A lot of the things in the game dont need to exist. That isnt an argument. All of the classes has things the other classes dont have. That isnt an argument either. Its actually a good things for the classes to be different.

Anyway, im not going to argue with anybody else about it since theyre not the ones who decide to implement it and balance it or not.

I made a suggestion for the devs to see in the appropriate place and thats that.

Failure to provide constructive criticism will not be tolerated
A lot of the things in the game dont need to exist. That isnt an argument. All of the classes has things the other classes dont have. That isnt an argument either. Its actually a good things for the classes to be different.

Anyway, im not going to argue with anybody else about it since theyre not the ones who decide to implement it and balance it or not.

I made a suggestion for the devs to see in the appropriate place and thats that.
Don't give me that. "Oh, nothing needs to exist" is intrinsically a fallacy and doesn't acknowledge that your item doesn't really serve a valuable purpose. What are these large differences between classes in regard to the suggestion that justify putting magic weapons into a sub-inventory item when they could easily be in the hotbar?

No, you made this suggestion to be evaluated by the community, not just the developers. If you want it to be seen by developers, a suggestion almost always needs community support so it doesn't fade away in a day.

Like i said, done arguing. None of you are developers. If they see my post and decide to not like it, so be it. But this argument is pointless.

Good suggestion, but I think the buff is a bit. Maybe lessen it a tiny bit? That much mana without cost would really aid the speed runners.

Back
Top Bottom